Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    The next main game is probably VERY early in development, don't expect them to have Mega designs by now. Also, by "all Pokémons are in the game" they probably mean just as data, you can receive them via trade and so on, but they probably aren't obtainable in-game, they just said that they are in the game, not obtainable. Would be fantastic, but that's what we have Volt White and the kind of hacks for, just gotta wait 'till the 3DS is cracked open.
    eh i really really really doubt that, every pokemon game ever made has had every pokemon in it even ruby and saphire had them in the data, and they have hundreds of pokemons designed alot of designs they save if they dont think it fits with a certain game or region, for example alot of the gen 4 pokemon were meant to be in gen 3 like shellos who was cut because they couldnt figure out how to fit the 2 different designs fit in hoenn.

and the fact that they said "we want every time you step into the grass for there to be a new pokemon" makes it seem like they meant catchable, although i do think they didnt mean ALL the pokemon but they clearly meant theres atleast more than any other game so far.

video games usually take like a couple years to make and we get pokemon games once every year or every other year so im confident that the next game is already well on its way.

- - - Updated - - -

with how fast pokemon games come out, and with how much content is in them they are probably working on multiple games at once similar to how blizzard works on expansions
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Obvious statements like "This game has every Pokémon in it, making it the biggest game yet" usually always comes with press releases. Just look at WoW expansions when they're handled by the press, it usually comes with an obvious statement like "The level cap is upped to 90, giving players new heights to reach."

And of course Game Freak are working on the next game, if not next couple of games, but new Mega Evolution most likely aren't being designed this early, if anything they're probably trying to design mid-gen Mega Evolutions right now, much like how new forms of Pokémon usually are made mid-gen. Mega Evolutions probably come later in development, the designers are probably making designs for all new Pokémons right now, or they're maybe only currently designing the framework of the next game, making concepts, or brainstorming new ideas. They're early in development with the next game most definitely, I can't imagine that they're past the concept part of it since it's such a long and important process to perfect before doing anything else. Needless to say, if they're that early in development, then the Mega Evos aren't being worked on, even in an interview Masuda stated that the Kanto Megas were made when the game was actually in a playable state, since they were implemented when he realized how cool it was to obtain the Kanto starters in the game when they were just testing it. Mega Evos are likely made well into development.

I can imagine 6th Gen Megas to be the selling point of a mid-way game, like Platinum or Black 2 & White 2 that introduced new forms for a lot of legendaries.

I can imagine 6th Gen Megas to be the selling point of a mid-way game, like Platinum or Black 2 & White 2 that introduced new forms for a lot of legendaries.
    but thats pretty much what ive been saying. theyre saving them for the next game as a selling point.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    but thats pretty much what ive been saying. theyre saving them for the next game as a selling point.
    Oh, shit, I thought you were talking about the next Generation. If you're talking the mid-gen game, then I completely agree.

Oh, shit, I thought you were talking about the next Generation. If you're talking the mid-gen game, then I completely agree.
    yeah i meant z / x and y 2.

it'll be like 4 years before we get a new gen way to early to speculate on that :P

Oh dear, 3 weeks to go. Can't get more bored waiting for it and Hearthstone. CMON ALREADY!
    Pokemon X FC: 1435-4739-8696 Trainer Name: Evershade

The next main game is probably VERY early in development, don't expect them to have Mega designs by now. Also, by "all Pokémons are in the game" they probably mean just as data, you can receive them via trade and so on, but they probably aren't obtainable in-game, they just said that they are in the game, not obtainable. Would be fantastic, but that's what we have Volt White and the kind of hacks for, just gotta wait 'till the 3DS is cracked open.
    Didn't know what Volt White was so I looked it up.

Thank you sir. Thank you.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sho...n-Volt-White-2

Oh, I noticed that my local (Swedish) GameStop got the Sinnoh legendaries! Oh joy! (Missed Dialga, but I'll survive!)

I personally don't understand the emphasis on legendaries.

I hate using them, they just feel like a cheat. The new forms and the download events like a level 100 EV trained Dialga with a special 150 power move. Pointless imo

I would much prefer them giving us a selection of level 1 bagons, dratinis, larvitars etc with a special ability which will encourage you to level it (and you can actually use it online for PvP)

i really liked legendaries until i realized i couldn't use them in online battles or the metro. Guess it's for people who don't want that.

What i also disliked is that they just give them away - feels kind of cheap. They should make them super strong and give you the chance to fight against them and catch them imo
    There's only one sane solution: blow it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MduM0SCXlqM#t=1m03s

Quote Originally Posted by Taurome View Post
    I personally don't understand the emphasis on legendaries.

I hate using them, they just feel like a cheat. The new forms and the download events like a level 100 EV trained Dialga with a special 150 power move. Pointless imo

I would much prefer them giving us a selection of level 1 bagons, dratinis, larvitars etc with a special ability which will encourage you to level it (and you can actually use it online for PvP)
    I usually just get my legendaries to collect them, I never ever use them for anything ever.

Only use my legendaries for things like "defeat the elite four with only this type of pokemon" medals.
    Always feels kind of bad when I catch a legendary pokemon that his been around for countless millennia and then they just live in my box forever lol.
    Last edited by Romeothecat; 2013-09-23 at 02:16 PM.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.
    Friend Safari: Steel, Metang, Mawile, third unknown.

Just started a Pokemon Blaze Black 2 Challenge mode game. BRING ON THE BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS.

This should keep me occupied until October 12th.

Woo!
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

Was JUST going to post that.

PLEASE let it be the 2nd eeveelution of the 6th gen. I would love it so much. Dragon Type please!

I would love 2nd eeveelution, doesn't matter which type but fighting would be nice.
    Any true evolution for any pokemon (other than eevee) is what I'm really hoping for, just to prove it's not all about megas.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

Quote Originally Posted by Taurome View Post
    Just started a Pokemon Blaze Black 2 Challenge mode game. BRING ON THE BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS.

This should keep me occupied until October 12th.
    How to play this? It seems awesome.

how in the world are you supposed to guess that right? xD

ok...... i want a squid pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I would love 2nd eeveelution, doesn't matter which type but fighting would be nice.
    Any true evolution for any pokemon (other than eevee) is what I'm really hoping for, just to prove it's not all about megas.
    So much this. I am really tired of megas by now.

now that you mention it... they show the two new legendaries in the picture - they don't have mega evolution forms yet