Thread: Pokémon!

  1. #9561
    Quote Originally Posted by Roquila View Post
    Does anybody know if i can buy one of the new Pokemon games in the Nintendo eShop on the 3DS?

    I HOPE SO
    yes. you can buy them on the eshop as soon as midnight i think.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

  2. #9562
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Yes, midnight release.
    Thank you sir, you just made my night <3.

  3. #9563
    Quote Originally Posted by Roquila View Post
    Thank you sir, you just made my night <3.
    But.. Then you're missing out on the lovely box for X/Y. :'(

  4. #9564
    Pandaren Monk Mechazod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dimension 324325
    Posts
    1,774
    Given the fact that 3DS games can receive downloadable content and can be patched they could always release such events along with distributions, so they wouldn't even have to initially be in the game. Though iirc Masuda didn't really seem to be in favor of DLC (or it was just paid DLC, can't remember,) which is a bit sad, considering it's only a matter of time until the 3DS is cracked open for real and people will retrieve the data in streams, ruining the surprises.
    I really hope someone does eventually find a hack for the 3DS and X/Y and shows that all event Pokemon are in the game already. If someone wants to ruin the surprise and willingly goes to look up that stuff then fine, let them, but I despise the idea of never being able to go back and obtain all the mons in a game because some of them were released only as DLC from special event that took place years ago.

    Then again I am not really a fan of the special events to begin with that you can only go back and access through cheat devices. I never liked the idea of having these events/mons you could only get by connecting to Wi-Fi or going to some event or having a special eReader card or sending your cartridge to Nintendo for. To me, special events and characters should be stuff always able to be triggered in the game by some action, like finding a rare, special item that only has a 1/1000 chance of being held by a wild Pokemon you could catch and would trigger some event chain, or having events open up if you fill up a certain percentage of the Pokedex or by capturing a certain trio of legendary mons.

    Anyway, beside that rant, I am guessing no, but has it been shown if there is some kind of official "hard" mode setting for the game? My only reason for thinking it could be a possibility is the fact they added the Hero mode setting into Wind Waker HD (though Skyward Sword had somewhat same thing). Just made me think that maybe Nintendo was going to start adding more features like that to their games for the more long-term/veteran fans of their series.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-10-06 at 09:06 PM.

  5. #9565
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    not really. theres no homebrew, nobody knows how to datamine the roms yet, nobody knows how to emulate it yet.

    none of the hacked sd cards work on 3ds only dsi.

    one hacker released an image of the 3ds with the touch screen edited but never followed up with anything after that and the image was likely photoshopped.
    if you are really sure with that then I won't discuss it any further ;-)

  6. #9566
    Mechagnome Zorua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Generation VI
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by Roquila View Post
    Does anybody know if i can buy one of the new Pokemon games in the Nintendo eShop on the 3DS?

    I HOPE SO

    Yep, they're on there right now but you can't purchase them until the tenth.

    3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

  7. #9567
    A leaker FINALLY got a sylveon.

    http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1381098931192.jpg

    Confirmed evolution technique: You have to play with / feed it using poke-amie to raise it's affection to 5 hearts (max), which is different from friendship, then level it.

    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

  8. #9568
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    A leaker FINALLY got a sylveon.

    http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1381098931192.jpg

    Confirmed evolution technique: You have to play with / feed it using poke-amie to raise it's affection to 5 hearts (max), which is different from friendship, then level it.
    Dat Sp.Def.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Eating meat is condoning hatred.

  9. #9569
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    if you are really sure with that then I won't discuss it any further ;-)
    trust me. if anyone had made any type of substantial progress on hacking the 3ds the news would be everywhere.

    especially with pokemon coming out and every cheapskate in the world trying to find an emulator

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    A leaker FINALLY got a sylveon.

    http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1381098931192.jpg

    Confirmed evolution technique: You have to play with / feed it using poke-amie to raise it's affection to 5 hearts (max), which is different from friendship, then level it.
    this is one of those things i hate about gamefreak. why cant they just have a pokemon evolve normally or through an old way like happiness being all the way up, why does it constantly need some new technique to evolve or some incense or herb or whatever the hell to make a new baby.

    kids heads arent gonna explode because snorlax had a munchlax.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

  10. #9570
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    this is one of those things i hate about gamefreak. why cant they just have a pokemon evolve normally or through an old way like happiness being all the way up, why does it constantly need some new technique to evolve or some incense or herb or whatever the hell to make a new baby.

    kids heads arent gonna explode because snorlax had a munchlax.
    Must...Google phrase "Snorlax Lovin'"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Eating meat is condoning hatred.

  11. #9571
    we seriously need a mega snorlax
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

  12. #9572
    Mechagnome Zorua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Generation VI
    Posts
    655


    Ratatoskr!!

    In Norse mythology, Ratatoskr (Old Norse, generally considered to mean "drill-tooth"[1] or "bore-tooth"[2]) is a squirrel who runs up and down the world tree Yggdrasil to carry messages between the unnamed eagle, perched atop Yggdrasil, and the wyrm Níðhöggr, who dwells beneath one of the three roots of the tree. Ratatoskr is attested in the Poetic Edda, compiled in the 13th century from earlier traditional sources, and the Prose Edda, written in the 13th century by Snorri Sturluson. Scholars have proposed theories about the implications of the squirrel.
    No confirmation on this though, so take it with a grain of salt.

    Confirmed fake!
    Last edited by Zorua; 2013-10-07 at 12:09 AM.

    3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

  13. #9573
    well if the other guy is right and theres actually 90 pokemon does that mean 20 legendaries O_o
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

  14. #9574
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I really hope someone does eventually find a hack for the 3DS and X/Y and shows that all event Pokemon are in the game already. If someone wants to ruin the surprise and willingly goes to look up that stuff then fine, let them, but I despise the idea of never being able to go back and obtain all the mons in a game because some of them were released only as DLC from special event that took place years ago.

    Then again I am not really a fan of the special events to begin with that you can only go back and access through cheat devices. I never liked the idea of having these events/mons you could only get by connecting to Wi-Fi or going to some event or having a special eReader card or sending your cartridge to Nintendo for. To me, special events and characters should be stuff always able to be triggered in the game by some action, like finding a rare, special item that only has a 1/1000 chance of being held by a wild Pokemon you could catch and would trigger some event chain, or having events open up if you fill up a certain percentage of the Pokedex or by capturing a certain trio of legendary mons.
    I definitely agree with you. I wouldn't be against events so much if all pokemon were technically obtainable in game, even if through some really rare in-game happening. Not being able to complete the pokedex without cheating devices because we didn't go to gamestop for an event, or because we didn't have a specific game when they were doing a specific mystery gift, or because we don't live in japan. It is frustrating to say the least. But at least with global trade we can get those pokemon without using cheating devices ourselves, even if the other player most likely did use a cheating device. The only problem with that is the people that seem to like to name them all "AAAAAAAA" and what not.

  15. #9575
    Mechagnome Zorua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Generation VI
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    well if the other guy is right and theres actually 90 pokemon does that mean 20 legendaries O_o
    90 may be including the number of megas present in the game, but it's believed the Pokedex ends at #720.
    Zygarde is number 718.

    3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

  16. #9576
    Pardon the question from a total pokemon noob, but are X and Y two different styles of games (ala Oracle of Seasons/Ages from Zelda series) or just the same game split into 2 with pokemon divvied up between them both?

    Thinking of picking up one for my daughter but not sure if the choice even matters.

  17. #9577
    Mechagnome Zorua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Generation VI
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
    Pardon the question from a total pokemon noob, but are X and Y two different styles of games (ala Oracle of Seasons/Ages from Zelda series) or just the same game split into 2 with pokemon divvied up between them both?

    Thinking of picking up one for my daughter but not sure if the choice even matters.
    They're basically the same games with slight story differences and a couple of exclusive Pokemon/Formes.

    3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

  18. #9578
    Quote Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
    Pardon the question from a total pokemon noob, but are X and Y two different styles of games (ala Oracle of Seasons/Ages from Zelda series) or just the same game split into 2 with pokemon divvied up between them both?

    Thinking of picking up one for my daughter but not sure if the choice even matters.
    theres usually differences between the two, not huge differences but some.

    like in ruby and saphire if you picked ruby team magma was trying to raise up the land and in saphire team aqua was trying to raise the sea.

    diamond and pearl were pretty much identicle i think

    in black and white the final city was completely different depending on which game you got.

    ultimately though it doesnt matter so get whichever one you think has the pokemon she would like most on the box art

    - - - Updated - - -

    also i wouldnt be surprised at all if the third/sequel game isnt called pokemon z.

    not saying pokemon z isnt likely but i wouldnt put it past nintendo to name it with a z JUST so when the next game comes out we are like "whaaaAW?W?@?@"

    just like when they announced black and white 2. then next gen go back to 3rd games just to mess with everyones minds :P lol
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

  19. #9579
    Quote Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
    Pardon the question from a total pokemon noob, but are X and Y two different styles of games (ala Oracle of Seasons/Ages from Zelda series) or just the same game split into 2 with pokemon divvied up between them both?

    Thinking of picking up one for my daughter but not sure if the choice even matters.
    Doesn't really matter, just a few exclusive pokemon in each.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kame Guru View Post
    Dat Sp.Def.
    When the same leaker fought a Gym Leaders sylveon it took a Hydro-Pump from his mega-blastoise to the face like it was nothing, then it kicked the Blastoise's ass with a few shots of a move that is basically the fairy equivalent of ice-beam.

    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

  20. #9580
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Doesn't really matter, just a few exclusive pokemon in each.

    - - - Updated - - -



    When the same leaker fought a Gym Leaders sylveon it took a Hydro-Pump from his mega-blastoise to the face like it was nothing, then it kicked the Blastoise's ass with a few shots of a move that is basically the fairy equivalent of ice-beam.
    QQ Really wish all the picture links that you post didn't lead to a 4chan 404 page...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •