Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
    Pardon the question from a total pokemon noob, but are X and Y two different styles of games (ala Oracle of Seasons/Ages from Zelda series) or just the same game split into 2 with pokemon divvied up between them both?

Thinking of picking up one for my daughter but not sure if the choice even matters.
    Doesn't really matter, just a few exclusive pokemon in each.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kame Guru View Post
    Dat Sp.Def.
    When the same leaker fought a Gym Leaders sylveon it took a Hydro-Pump from his mega-blastoise to the face like it was nothing, then it kicked the Blastoise's ass with a few shots of a move that is basically the fairy equivalent of ice-beam.

Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Doesn't really matter, just a few exclusive pokemon in each.

- - - Updated - - -

When the same leaker fought a Gym Leaders sylveon it took a Hydro-Pump from his mega-blastoise to the face like it was nothing, then it kicked the Blastoise's ass with a few shots of a move that is basically the fairy equivalent of ice-beam.
    QQ Really wish all the picture links that you post didn't lead to a 4chan 404 page...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

i've been grinding up pokemon to fight iris with, and it's sooooooooooo slow because i can only get to level 33 - 36 pokemon on route 10. there any place higher than that i can get to before i fight iris? in white, not white 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    QQ Really wish all the picture links that you post didn't lead to a 4chan 404 page...
    Sorry I try to replace them with imgur ones when I can but all the best leaks source from 4chan.

Sylveons stats:
    http://i.imgur.com/2LfqoIe.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've been grinding up pokemon to fight iris with, and it's sooooooooooo slow because i can only get to level 33 - 36 pokemon on route 10. there any place higher than that i can get to before i fight iris? in white, not white 2.
    How do you train? The most effective way is to fight audino.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-10-07 at 02:21 AM.

Okay so I've decided to venture into this thread, is it just me or does Gen IV just not as interesting as the other Generations? Not speaking in terms of Soul Silver and Heart Gold.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Okay so I've decided to venture into this thread, is it just me or does Gen IV just not as interesting as the other Generations? Not speaking in terms of Soul Silver and Heart Gold.
    Pokemon wise, yeah sorta. This gen is small but it has a few real winners IMO.

Game wise, this shit is going to be amazing.

-Longest story ever.
    -Megas
    -3D models
    -awesome attack animations
    -ability to catch every pokemon from all gens
    -ability to play with / feed pokemon

How do you train? The most effective way is to fight audino.
    i've only seen it pop up in lower level areas. is there a way to make it show up? i've just been killing every pokemon that pops up on route 10 :/

i've only seen it pop up in lower level areas. is there a way to make it show up? i've just been killing every pokemon that pops up on route 10 :/
    Best way to level is as follows:

Audino can be found pretty much everywhere, EVERYWHERE.
    They pop in shaking grass like ~80% of the time.

To fight audino run around in an area near some grass (but not in the grass) until some starts shaking, then enter the shaking to grass to fight an audino (most of time).

They give awesome amounts of XP compared to other pokemon.

You can do this on any route with grass but try not to do it near surfable water.

It's important to run around to trigger the grass shaking, if you stand still it won't spawn.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-10-07 at 02:33 AM.

Gen IV (D/P/P) almost made me quit Pokemon altogether. It was the worst generation, in my opinion.
    I think Gen V makes up for it ten times over though.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Gen IV (D/P/P) almost made me quit Pokemon altogether. It was the worst generation, in my opinion.
    I think Gen V makes up for it ten times over though.
    Didn't play Black/White 1 but did play Black 2 and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
    Hey everyone

How to Audino farm:

1. hit town, buy repels
    2. find a spot that's around your level and is ACCESSIBLE (so you won't be running beneath ledges with grass on them)
    3. find some good music, or play the ingame music
    4. pop on your repel
    5. hop on your bike
    6. ride past the grass over and over until it begins to shake
    7. run to the grass, kill audino.

Things that will eliminate shaking grass before you reach it: Switching the screen to your bag or Pokemon menu (UNLESS it's an egg hatching - that's why you want to put on your repel before you start getting grass to shake), zoning out with the grass offscreen, getting into a Pokemon battle before you reach the grass (hence repel.)

You can do this on any route with grass but try not to do it near surfable water.
    This is a good tip. You can get the equivalent of shaking grass in water (looks and sounds like a bubble) and in caves (dust clouds.) If you're looking for Audino specifically, don't farm in a place where you can see surfable or fishable water.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2013-10-07 at 02:38 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

How many new legendary pokemon are we getting this gen? I am seeing only 3 at this point. Also, how many "pseudo" legendaries like dragonite?

Didn't play Black/White 1 but did play Black 2 and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
    Man, I think my favorite main series game has to be BW2. They felt like they had a lot to do postgame, and having the multiple difficulties was cool too.

Least favorites were D/P/P and the R/S/E coming in at second.

PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mementomori1993 View Post
    How many new legendary pokemon are we getting this gen? I am seeing only 3 at this point. Also, how many "pseudo" legendaries like dragonite?
    just three right now, and 1 pseudo (goomy).

Expect around 2 more new event legendaries after release.

Man, I think my favorite main series game has to be BW2. They felt like they had a lot to do postgame, and having the multiple difficulties was cool too.

Post game wise I've never enjoyed a Pokemon game as much as Emerald... Remind what there is to do in Black 2 post game?
    Hey everyone

Gen 3 is my favorite, followed by 2, 1, then 5 part 2, 4, then 5 part 1.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Gen 3 is my favorite, followed by 2, 1, then 5 part 2, 4, then 5 part 1.
    Gen 3 is hands down my favorite generation, yeah you had your pokemon such as Luvdisc but for the most part every bit about the game is solid.
    Hey everyone

Gen 3 is probably my favorite because it hit me right in that sweet spot where you're old enough to really understand Pokemon, but young enough to have all afternoon to play it.

So... /biased

If that so-called "legendary" Zygarde or whatever is really that stupid looking bug thing, I'm going to be pretty disappointed at the legendaries.

Post game wise I've never enjoyed a Pokemon game as much as Emerald... Remind what there is to do in Black 2 post game?
    There's PWT (Used to have DLC, and Pokemon rewards for participating.) and the Treehollow/Tower (You go to different areas and find a gate trainer, then fight the bosses. At the end, you get a Shiny Dratini or Gible. BTW, these battles are all repeatable, so you can do this as many times as you want to train your Pokemon. It's excellent for grinding.). There were also a few reopened routes, a few more legendaries to catch, and decent competitive play.

Plus, Battle Subway if you're into Battle Frontier-esque things.
    Personally, I hated the Battle Frontier and it wasn't very fun to me, since I was only beginning to really understand Pokemon and the new mechanics. I was around ten when R/S/E came out and despite playing since Gen I and sinking thousands of hours into all the games (and catching every single Pokemon in Crystal), I really sucked at Pokemon overall.
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-10-07 at 02:50 AM.

PM if you add me!