Thread: Pokémon!

  1. #2001
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    How did that fly under the 4kids radar?!?
    Thats a good question...



    Hey they slightly changed Team Rocket's motto
    They changed their motto altogether by like g4 i thought. But they parody their own motto all the time depending on situations.

  2. #2002
    Epic! Darios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Uninja'd States of Amerikill
    Posts
    1,550
    That reminds me of this. Translation error or just wtf?


  3. #2003
    Legendary! Drugs-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    6,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    That reminds me of this. Translation error or just wtf?
    That was so random.. wat.


  4. #2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    That reminds me of this. Translation error or just wtf?

    [video=youtube;RxCubfGHGzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxCubfGHGzY[video]
    I don't think it's supposed to be interpreted as to each other, but as in they'll be married someday but not necessarily to each other.
    It was an ambiguous statement which I think was supposed to be intentionally humorous.

  5. #2005
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    I don't think it's supposed to be interpreted as to each other, but as in they'll be married someday but not necessarily to each other.
    It was an ambiguous statement which I think was supposed to be intentionally humorous.
    The way she looks at him makes Skelington think she was referring to the two of them being married to each other.
    Shes like "Omg i said that out loud!"

  6. #2006
    Dreadlord Duruka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    747

    Stupid 4Kids, ruining everything.

  7. #2007
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    Skelington always used to wonder why she got so offended when Kangaskhan kid asked if they were pokemon.

  8. #2008
    To me, there are only 151 Pokémon in existence, the rest are all fakes. I felt like such a baws when I finally got all of them on my gameboy
    Red, Blue & Yellow represent. And the best part was my mom bought be the yellow one from Spain and it was in... spanish, rofl. I still finished it, though

    I did play Gold and Silver, though. They were kinda cool but yeah, fakes all over!

    I'm oldschool & cool like that!

  9. #2009
    Dreadlord Duruka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    747
    I'm oldschool & cool like that!
    That's not cool. Real Pokeman fans like every generation!

  10. #2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    To me, there are only 151 Pokémon in existence, the rest are all fakes. I felt like such a baws when I finally got all of them on my gameboy
    Red, Blue & Yellow represent. And the best part was my mom bought be the yellow one from Spain and it was in... spanish, rofl. I still finished it, though

    I did play Gold and Silver, though. They were kinda cool but yeah, fakes all over!

    I'm oldschool & cool like that!
    thats like saying i only drink water because juice is a fake drink. or i only watch the old TVs from the 50s that are in black and white and these new flat screens are fake...or im fake because the only real people were cavemen.
    Last edited by Toastythetoasted; 2011-10-04 at 12:51 PM.
    my friend code...

    5241-1925-7760 name toasty

    up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

  11. #2011
    Bloodsail Admiral mynameisjona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    or im fake because the only real people were cavemen.


    Also: any tips on the Nuzlocke? Don't want to go into the 1st gym yet cause it involves doubles (and only my Combusken is highish level)

  12. #2012
    Legendary! Drugs-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    6,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    To me, there are only 151 Pokémon in existence, the rest are all fakes. I felt like such a baws when I finally got all of them on my gameboy
    Red, Blue & Yellow represent. And the best part was my mom bought be the yellow one from Spain and it was in... spanish, rofl. I still finished it, though

    I did play Gold and Silver, though. They were kinda cool but yeah, fakes all over!

    I'm oldschool & cool like that!
    Perfect case of strong nostalgia.


    Red/Blue had the worst gameplay in the series, THERE I SAID IT.


    /flameshield


  13. #2013
    Bloodsail Admiral mynameisjona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Perfect case of strong nostalgia.


    Red/Blue had the worst gameplay in the series, THERE I SAID IT.


    /flameshield
    I mean, the picture of how broken that Gen was completely true. It was awesome though with it's completely original ideas (you know what I'm saying here; every game copies off other games to some extents)

  14. #2014
    Legendary! Drugs-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    6,097
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    I mean, the picture of how broken that Gen was completely true. It was awesome though with it's completely original ideas (you know what I'm saying here; every game copies off other games to some extents)
    I love Red/Blue for the memories I have with it, Red is still my favorite trainer, and lots of the Gen 1 Pokemon were my favorite, that being said, I couldn't go back to playing it, because it would drive me nuts.


  15. #2015
    Bloodsail Admiral mynameisjona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I love Red/Blue for the memories I have with it, Red is still my favorite trainer, and lots of the Gen 1 Pokemon were my favorite, that being said, I couldn't go back to playing it, because it would drive me nuts.
    Hate to say it, but I agree. Playing back through Yellow and it's pretty bad. So happy they remade Gen 1. Gen 2 (haven't played the remake) is still easy for me to play through

  16. #2016
    Legendary! Drugs-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    6,097
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    Hate to say it, but I agree. Playing back through Yellow and it's pretty bad. So happy they remade Gen 1. Gen 2 (haven't played the remake) is still easy for me to play through
    Even the remakes are a wee bit grindy for my taste. Q_Q I'm waiting for a game where we can chose our regions and what-not and go through them all. Also, found this, pretty neat cosplay.


  17. #2017
    I googled images "best pokemon ever" and this was the first picture:


    So google said so, therefore it is true!

  18. #2018
    Bloodsail Admiral mynameisjona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Even the remakes are a wee bit grindy for my taste. Q_Q I'm waiting for a game where we can chose our regions and what-not and go through them all. Also, found this, pretty neat cosplay.
    I liked Firered a lot, though it was super confusing once you got to the Sevii Islands. And that game would be awesome

    Also: is Nincada in a Nuzlocke cheating cause of the free Shedinja?

  19. #2019
    Epic! Darios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Uninja'd States of Amerikill
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post

    Also: is Nincada in a Nuzlocke cheating cause of the free Shedinja?
    It's a completely legit nuzlocke technique that I've seen plenty of people use.

  20. #2020
    Bloodsail Admiral mynameisjona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,193
    Sweet...though I failed (more like gave up)
    Let my Combusken die on accident in the 2nd gym so I gave up


    Hopefully I get another Lotad/Nincada

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •