Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    My only problem with the latest pokemon games is the fact that trainers weren't very hard to beat and that your rival was fucking worthless. I want a rival like kanto's rival and silver/gold where you actually fought like rivals did and not some friend who only battles you like 5times the whole damn game
    The Trainers not very hard? Have you done ANYTHING in Black2/White2 after beating the Elite 4 the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    My only problem with the latest pokemon games is the fact that trainers weren't very hard to beat and that your rival was fucking worthless. I want a rival like kanto's rival and silver/gold where you actually fought like rivals did and not some friend who only battles you like 5times the whole damn game
    I don't really find the mass of Koffing trainers hard in 1st gen either, if anything trainers have only gotten harder with time. I strongly agree on the rival part though, I hate being friends with my rival, your rival in Red/Blue was intentionally a proud douchebag, and the one in Gold/Silver was literally hostile towards you. The only rivals since I really loved to beat the shit out of was the one in Pearl and Black 2, and that wasn't for rival sakes, more because I find them to be bland and annoying characters more than anything else, and I'm pretty sure that isn't how you're supposed to feel about them.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I don't really find the mass of Koffing trainers hard in 1st gen either, if anything trainers have only gotten harder with time. I strongly agree on the rival part though, I hate being friends with my rival, your rival in Red/Blue was intentionally a proud douchebag, and the one in Gold/Silver was literally hostile towards you. The only rivals since I really loved to beat the shit out of was the one in Pearl and Black 2, and that wasn't for rival sakes, more because I find them to be bland and annoying characters more than anything else, and I'm pretty sure that isn't how you're supposed to feel about them.
    Yeah on that part I agree as well. I hated the rival in Black2. "I'M NEVER GONNA FORGIVE YOU; BUHUHUHU"

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Yeah on that part I agree as well. I hated the rival in Black2. "I'M NEVER GONNA FORGIVE YOU; BUHUHUHU"
    The thing I hate about him the most is that they're trying to make him likable, but everytime he spews something out of his mouth I just grew to hate him more and more. And for god's sake, that whole Purrloin plot was so damn stupid, I didn't care for that damn cat, especially considering it was something like 2-3 years since it got snatched, and when he finally gets it he's acting like a idiot just because it has become a Liepard, you'd think he didn't know the concept of evolution.

I haven't played since Gen III, what has changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    I haven't played since Gen III, what has changed?
    263 New Pokemon, A ton of new moves/abilities/items. more content in the games after you bet the elite 4, more focus on the story, the game has gotten more user friendly, and it has better graphics. That's about it I think.

263 New Pokemon, A ton of new moves/abilities/items. more content in the games after you bet the elite 4, more focus on the story, the game has gotten more user friendly, and it has better graphics. That's about it I think.
    In other news, Delibird still knows Present and Ditto can still only know Transform, and both of them learn nothing from levelling.

So much wasted potential...
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/3
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    In other news, Delibird still knows Present and Ditto can still only know Transform, and both of them learn nothing from levelling.

So much wasted potential...
    I don't want that ugly pink blob to be able to do anything. But Delibird could use a evolution, Farfeth'd could use one too.

Don't you just love how in every generation there is some totally mad pokemon at the end of the pokedex just before the legendaries start? despite them all, I still IV/EV train a perfect Dragonite in each game (/firstgenindietrainer) :P and a Metagross too.

Sadly they're the only things that have stopped me playing any of my old Pokemon games, they all seem to have some IV/EV trained up super pokemon that I don't wanna get rid of, and I don't wanna buy another catridge xD meh i'll just wait till x/y to get my Pokemon nostalgia fix.

I don't want that ugly pink blob to be able to do anything. But Delibird could use a evolution, Farfeth'd could use one too.
    Not even Mirror Coat? Sludge Bomb? Harden? :3

I'm with you with Delibird and Farfetch'd, though.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

But Delibird could use a evolution, Farfeth'd could use one too.
    This is one of those cases where i really wished they listened to the fan base more. A while ago i read an amazing fan-created design which developed the Happiness/Friendship system to go below zero and become Unhappiness/Anger. It allowed for certain drowntrodden, hated and useless Pokemon like Sunflora and Farfetch'd to evolve when unhappy/angry enough and allowed them to 1) actually be useful again, and 2) expand on the happiness/friendship system which currently allows something like 15 Pokemon to evolve when levels are high. But alas...

5069-5224-8275 Pokemon Friend Safari - Ice: Lapras / Snorunt / Sneasel

1 think i actually wish they added to pokemon was making the elite 4 champion..actually have good pokemon..heck? why couldnt they have a legendary?..or 3. i didnt even find hard mode hard. milotic plowed the entire thing her self.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Black & White 2 was just lame, I couldn't get invested in the story at all, and I simply couldn't stand my rival, he was piss ass annoying.
    I thought Gary was much more annoying than the rival in B&W2. The one in B&W2 I got the sense immediately that we were buddies who were friends and so I named him after my best friend. It was funny, and it was nice that he wasn't trying to be all "I am the best and going to beat you!" - though I wouldn't call him as much of a rival as a friend. That might be why you didn't like it - because he didn't hate you, maybe?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I thought Gary was much more annoying than the rival in B&W2. The one in B&W2 I got the sense immediately that we were buddies who were friends and so I named him after my best friend. It was funny, and it was nice that he wasn't trying to be all "I am the best and going to beat you!" - though I wouldn't call him as much of a rival as a friend. That might be why you didn't like it - because he didn't hate you, maybe?
    Gary didn't hate you. But he actually tried to be better than you, which is kinda the point of a rival.

Well, it's only taken me 385 hours, but I finally beat the Elite 4 in Pokemon White 2. It's the first Pokemon I've finished since Yellow.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Well, it's only taken me 385 hours, but I finally beat the Elite 4 in Pokemon White 2. It's the first Pokemon I've finished since Yellow.
    385 Hours? O.o What did you do in all that time?

PS. If anyone is interested in competetive battling but doesn't have the time for IV/EV Breeding/Training
    http://play.pokemonshowdown.com

385 Hours? O.o What did you do in all that time?
    Spent most of it between the sixth and seventh badge doing Dream World and filling up the Pokedex, in order to try to get a Dream World Dragonite for my friend.

Won with Crobat, Scrafty, Magnezone, Flygon, Chandelure and Dream World Kabutops, if anyone's interested.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Is it bad that i really want a DS version of Red/Blue/Green/Yellow? I really want to use some of those Pokemon (particularly the starters) in BW2, but i cant be bothered playing the entire of HG/SS like 3 times just to get them. <_<

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Is it bad that i really want a DS version of Red/Blue/Green/Yellow? I really want to use some of those Pokemon (particularly the starters) in BW2, but i cant be bothered playing the entire of HG/SS like 3 times just to get them. <_<
    Don't you have a DS Lite?

Don't you have a DS Lite?
    Only 2 DSi's