Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    everstone pass nature from either parent, destiny knot pass 2-3 iv from the father and 2-3 iv from the mother for a total of 5 iv.

for more in depth guide check google there is way to much info that got changed from prev generations
    I thought it was a random 5 picked randomly from both parents?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I thought it was a random 5 picked randomly from both parents?
    im not sure but according to the time machine method it inherit 3 iv from 1 parent and 2 iv from another, dont think i ever got 5 iv pokemon when i bread it with my 6iv ditto
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

So I have to chain breed. Great.

its not that bad, 2 iv right nature from safari and you will reach 4 iv easily then breed that 4 iv with ditto for easy 5 iv

it all down to luck, some eggs will be quick some will take ages

just not sure how egg moves interact with ditto
    Last edited by Archimand; 2014-01-12 at 02:10 AM.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

So I have to chain breed. Great.
    Took me less than 30 eggs to go from 5IV Male Scyther, Impish male Heracross and Female HA Gligar into a 5IV Impish HA Gligar.

Deleted
    Shiny chic hatched. Thought I was done. He has blaze.
    Given I intend to use him as mega, would it make a big difference since he gets speed boost upon mega-evolving?

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Shiny chic hatched. Thought I was done. He has blaze.
    Given I intend to use him as mega, would it make a big difference since he gets speed boost upon mega-evolving?
    Blaziken is so good because of speed boost ability, he wouldn't of been banned otherwise.

Deleted
    Blaziken is so good because of speed boost ability, he wouldn't of been banned otherwise.
    I know, but upon mega-evolving he gains speed boost (regardless of blaze/speed boost in normal form). So the only difference would be the first time I send him out, and even then only if I swap him into an attack and not after one of my pokemon has fainted.

My OCD will probably end up taking the better of me anyway I'm afraid, I just don't think it matters that much. =/

I know, but upon mega-evolving he gains speed boost (regardless of blaze/speed boost in normal form). So the only difference would be the first time I send him out, and even then only if I swap him into an attack and not after one of my pokemon has fainted.

My OCD will probably end up taking the better of me anyway I'm afraid, I just don't think it matters that much. =/
    Its speed is only base 100 with mega form. You will be out speed by most sweepers and its defense are a medicore base 80.

Speed boost ability is pretty much needed or you might as well use infernape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    everstone pass nature from either parent, destiny knot pass 2-3 iv from the father and 2-3 iv from the mother for a total of 5 iv.

for more in depth guide check google there is way to much info that got changed from prev generations
    This is where I kind of got confused. I had 2 5IV Mudkip. Both HP, Attack, S.Attack, S.Defense, Speed. So at their worst, they should have only have been producing 4IV babies. But when only the father had Destiny Knot, I swear that one of the eggs hatched out with only 3 IVs, and I still don't know why.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Its speed is only base 100 with mega form. You will be out speed by most sweepers and its defense are a medicore base 80.
    That's my point. Given it's frail defenses I'm not sure how often I will swap him into a sweeper doing a strong attack, especially given his rather common weaknesses to water/EQ. If I swap him after one of my pokemon fainted, it does not matter at all if I have blaze or speed boost: I'm still not mega-evolved and will have not gotten any +1 to speed so I'm at 80 base speed (and not even 100 yet).
    That was my question pretty much: how often would I swap into a fast pokemon (most of those are sweepers) with blaziken before it has mega-evolved?
    Edit: to clarify, a random stab neutral hitting move from a physical attacker:
    252+ Atk Electivire Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Blaziken: 208-246 (69.1 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    Why would I swap into stuff like that? =/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    This is where I kind of got confused. I had 2 5IV Mudkip. Both HP, Attack, S.Attack, S.Defense, Speed. So at their worst, they should have only have been producing 4IV babies. But when only the father had Destiny Knot, I swear that one of the eggs hatched out with only 3 IVs, and I still don't know why.
    I think I read somewhere that RNG picks up to 5 IV's from any parent and they can be doubled up. For example you could have 2 6 perfect IV parents, and the egg would inherrit hp/attack/speed from the father and hp/attack from the mother, resulting in only 3 perfect IV's.
    Last edited by mmocfb5d9aca2a; 2014-01-12 at 03:50 AM.

If none of your other pokemon can help set up blazikens speed boost (like a reflect wall or something) have it learn protect.

If you mega-evolve right away, you get the speed boost bonus anyway. It does not matter what ability your torchic has.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish mew had a longer tail in X and Y I checked the model. ME WANTS TAIL!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    If you mega-evolve right away, you get the speed boost bonus anyway. It does not matter what ability your torchic has.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish mew had a longer tail in X and Y I checked the model. ME WANTS TAIL!
    Please understand.

Deleted

Need/want 31/x/31/31/31/x Clawitzer with:

Aura Sphere
    Dragon Pulse
    Dark Pulse
    Water Pulse

and either non-EVed or with 252HP/252SpAtk

Can give almost anything when bank is up.

- - - Updated - - -

Also want a Solar Power Heliolisk/helioptile.
    Last edited by Well; 2014-01-12 at 09:08 AM.

Need/want 31/x/31/31/31/x Clawitzer with:

Aura Sphere
    Dragon Pulse
    Dark Pulse
    Water Pulse

and either non-EVed or with 252HP/252SpAtk

- - - Updated - - -

Also want a Solar Power Heliolisk/helioptile.
    I think I have a SP Helio, I'll check.

Edit: Nope, must've given it away or something...I'll check my safari.

I have it on safari, but not with HA, since I restarted to get a better Yveltal, the person with that safari hasn't been online for me to get it. Sorry. :<
    Last edited by Halyon; 2014-01-12 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    snip
    i...i....understand...

i laughed lol
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    i...i....understand...

i laughed lol
    *Saddest mew face ever*

Deleted
    Hello folks, been a while. So i've been reading stuff about some guy giving out 6 IV ditto's apparently...i must have one! Willing to trade untouched promo legendaries for it once Pokébank EVEr gets up