Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Off to the champion now.
    Weeeelll?

I hate cliffhangers!
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Weeeelll?

I hate cliffhangers!
    Lol, same here

I FINALLY BEAT THE GAME!!!

Diantha took 8:20. Haha I think this post took longer to write tbh. Overall the whole league took 30 minutes of game time.

Every since Ruby & Sapphire, I try to get every one of my pokemon out during the champion battle. Did it this time too.

1. Mismagius vs. Hawlucha
    I didn't know what else to begin with. Was surprised since I forgot poison and bug aren't effective on ghost types, so she couldn't do much against me. I switched energy ball for thunderbolt and it was a 3-hit win.

2. Ninetales vs. Gorgeist

Ninetales has gotten me through so much in the league, and he didn't fail this time. Simple one-shot with flamethrower.

3. Altaria vs. Tyrantrum

I cotton guarded again expecting a Head Smash. It missed luckily, and then I thought it'd be best to get some damage off. Knowing my luck the next head smash would crit. Lol though, Dragon Pulse ended up one-shotting him anyway :P

4. Gallade vs. Aurorus
    Simple Brick Break and the job was done.

5. Lapras vs. Goodra
    This one was a much longer fight. Lapras is really a life-saver; always has been. She always can take on pokemon others can't. I used toxic and ice shard and slowly got Goodra down. Of course a full restore came in and the dragon got every Focus Blast off somehow, but it worked out.

6. Ampharos & Mismagius vs. Mega Gardevoir
    It's a good thing I had light screen. My ampharos used that and thunder wave, and then just thunderbolted her down a bit. Got her into the yellow, but got knocked out. Mismagius came in and did one shadow ball which was enough to end it all.

It was really nice entering the Hall of Fame and seeing all my pokemon surround me like that. All my favorites finally able to come together. Their levels were:
    Altaria & ninetales: 69
    Mismagius: 65
    Everyone else: 64

Overall it was the easiest League I faced, and I wasn't really overleveled. Maybe it's because I had every pokemon I wanted.
    Sinnoh's was certainly the hardest for me. Followed by Johto. Not really sure after that. Some of it is the pokemon teams you have, some of it is just the pokemon avaiable. That said, Steven and Cynthia are my favorite E4 champions. Actually all of them are pretty cool I guess.

Finished the game after 68 hours and 222 pokemon caught, and like 345 seen.

And now...what? I traveled to the new city and started the Battle Maison and friend safari. Maybe I'll try building mono-type teams to take on the elite 4. Always wanted to do that. Lots of grinding though. But there are still lots of TMs to find and some trainers I missed out on.
    Last edited by sergel02; 2014-04-27 at 05:47 AM.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

10+ Year Old Account
    cheers! Welcome to Pokemon Endgame...

PVP, PVP against NPCs, and lots of breeding

- - - Updated - - -

On the subject of Champions, I never really liked Lance (Gen 2) or Wallace because they were monotype. A Champion should be able to counter anything thrown at them, not rely on one type that's countered by one or two pokemon
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Do they have Gooey as their ability?
    Sorry, only got Hydration and Sap Sipper

10+ Year Old Account
    I FINALLY BEAT THE GAME!!!

And now...what? I traveled to the new city and started the Battle Maison and friend safari. Maybe I'll try building mono-type teams to take on the elite 4. Always wanted to do that. Lots of grinding though. But there are still lots of TMs to find and some trainers I missed out on.
    Grats! /cheer

Don't forget to go get all your mega stones. Since you've started the Maison, go to the top of Kiloude city and fight your rival there. S/He'll send you to Sycamore in Anistar and then every day from 8 to 9 PM (on your 3DS's time) you can find the stones.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Grats! /cheer

Don't forget to go get all your mega stones. Since you've started the Maison, go to the top of Kiloude city and fight your rival there. S/He'll send you to Sycamore in Anistar and then every day from 8 to 9 PM (on your 3DS's time) you can find the stones.
    Oh I thought I already went to the top. Need to check again.

I guess I'll try to to catch those new pokemon. I have a lot of teams I want to try to build. Also ran into a moltres.

I'm excited for whatever game is next. Hopefully has more story or content.

Btw, what were your guys' teams when you beat the E4?
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

10+ Year Old Account

My first team was a Delphox, Talonflame, Pyroar, Blaziken, Charizard, and Gogoat.
    Second playthrough had Chesnaught, Goodra, Golduck, Aegislash, Avalugg, Aerodactyl.
    Third (Wonderlocke) Sylveon, Cloyster, Noivern, Mienshao, Ferrothorn, Ampharos.

- - - Updated - - -

Up late breeding Cacnea while watching streams, just trying to get a 6 IV female, look down... hmm. Red Cacnea.

(4 IV male, meh nature, meh IVs. I wasn't trying for shinies. xD)

What to name hiiimmm.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    On the subject of Champions, I never really liked Lance (Gen 2) or Wallace because they were monotype. A Champion should be able to counter anything thrown at them, not rely on one type that's countered by one or two pokemon
    I have been wanting gym leaders and the elite four to start having more varied themes about them rather than just being a trainer that prefers a specific type. Things like a gym leader that prefers dogs or cats and I am sure there could easily be one for snakes by now as well. Heck even a gym leader based on color wouldn't be too bad, although that could easily lead to them having a singular type still.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    First time: Greninja, Charizard X, Talonflame, Lucario, Hawlucha, and Xerneas.
    Second time (mono-type): Medicham, Hawlucha, Toxicroak, Scrafty, Poliwrath, and Heracross.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Lance wasn't really a Dragon-type master. He was a Dragon-themed master. He had 3 Dragonite's, a Charizard, a Gyarados, and a Aerodactyl. Same for Iris in B2/W2 (Archeops, Aggron, Hydreigon, Haxorous, Druddigon, Lapras). Steven would be a Mineral-themed master (Armaldo, Cradily, Metagross, Claydol, Skarmory, Aggron).

Blue, Red, Cynthia, Alder and Diantha are the only non-themed ones afaik.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Zygarde (prev game, 2nd clear), Sylveon, Talonflame, Manectric, Toxicroak and Blaziken.

Venusaur, Nidoking, Greninja, Tyrantrum, Pinsir and Drifblim was my first team.

Got to the Champion on first try where I didn't have any potions or revives. Sweeped them completely second try. Still a bit dissapointed with the E4 in X&Y, they don't even have stronger Pokémon on rematches. Hoping we'll get that Ruby & Sapphire remake so we can get a truly challenging E4 again.

Trash Larvitars with DD/Iron Head if anybody wants them, otherwise WT.

Deleted
    Greninja, Lucario, Talonflame, Raichu, Nidoking and Dragonite

except for Goodra and Aurorus I didn't have any problems, (I assumed at least one of them was fairy.. )
    Overall one of the easiest E4 imo.

Deleted
    Lapras, Charizard Y, Delphox, Tyrantrum, Sliggoo (plot twist, it just woulnd't rain), Simisage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gardevoir, Venusaur, Aegislash, Greninja, Blaziken, Sylveon

Easy peasy

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked, I remember having the following:
    Run 1(first beat): talonflame, goodra, pangoro, random yvetal, gengar and blazeiken

Run 2(almost all legends): mewtwo, talonflame, ho-oh, cresselia, groudon, kyurem black

Yeah, felt good using suicide bird on mega gardy with talonflame

10+ Year Old Account
    I think mine was: Talonflame(HM Slave),Blaziken(brokenkin), Chesnaught,Venusaur,Charizard and Blastoise. (I reset a lot so i had all starters :P)

Greninja, Mawile, Absol, Vileplume, Gardevoir and Talonflame. I didn't even need to use my Absol, which was rather disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    cheers! Welcome to Pokemon Endgame...

PVP, PVP against NPCs, and lots of breeding

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I think diantha is the absolute worst of the of the champions. My greninja wiped out her entire team with hydro pump, dark pulse, and ice beam.
    She doesn't even show up to help with team flare like Lance in g/s or show up to offer advice like Cynthia or Alder
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.