Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Seeing as how this Gen gave Metagross 2 new weaknesses how about we give him Filter?
    As he's steel type I think it fits nicely and to be honest with the Mega Evolution stat boost he doesn't need even more offensive power.
    Didn't think of Filter. I agree that would fit pretty nicely, too.

I don't understand some things, really. They give certain pokemon amazing HA, such as Feraligatr. They even change some, such as Chandelure trading Shadow Tag for Infiltrator, and they give new pokemon some very useful ones, such as Tyrantrum and Rock head.

Yet they don't bother making them available. Meanwhile, they come up with Magician and Light Metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    See I took those things just as funny jokes. Particularly Cilan's recipes, since iris would joke about it when it happened. That's me though.

I do agree about Dawn being the best. She's my favorite. It makes me miss pokemon contests in the game and anime. I spent so much time on them in R/S/E.
    I know. I always dreaded coming up against that one Coordinator in R/S/E in the final Beauty contest, who had the Gyarados with Hydro Pump.

That thing was a beach.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Meanwhile, they come up with Magician and Light Metal.
    I think Magician is great, however currently useless.
    Fire/Psychic Gem + Magician will be awesome for Delphox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I think Magician is great, however currently useless.
    Fire/Psychic Gem + Magician will be awesome for Delphox.
    Yeah, you do have a point about that. But it's like you said: what good is it if there's currently no item that makes it really shine?

And Light Metal is self-explanatory. At least HEAVY Metal makes stuff like Heavy Slam hit harder. Light Metal does... what? Only makes YOU take more damage from such moves.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Light Metal can be useful against Grass Knot or Low Kick, iirc those do damage based on the weight of the defending pokemon.

but yeah, for the most part it does seem kinda useless
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Light Metal can be useful against Grass Knot or Low Kick, iirc those do damage based on the weight of the defending pokemon.

but yeah, for the most part it does seem kinda useless
    Hm, point taken about Knot and Kick. But still bad, as you said

Deleted
    Not sure if filter would be that amazing. EQ is still everywhere at 100% accuracy 100 BP with no drawbacks. Knock off has been buffed and very popular, foul play sucks and so does pursuit/sucker punch. Metagross is bulky enough for those things to not OHKO already, but I'm not sure if it would turn a lot of 2HKO's into 3HKO's.

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 260-308 (71.4 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Filter Metagross: 195-231 (53.5 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 458-541 (125.8 - 148.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Filter Metagross: 343-406 (94.2 - 111.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
    0- Atk Sableye Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 282-332 (77.4 - 91.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    0- Atk Sableye Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Filter Metagross: 211-249 (57.9 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Metagross: 288-338 (79.1 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Filter Metagross: 216-253 (59.3 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I suppose you could give him some more bulk and put those to 3HKO's but without proper recovery I don't see it being that effective given his mediocre speed. I don't know, I don't think it would change that much.

Deleted
    I kinda want to see mega Shedinja with its current ability reversed, meaning that only not very effective hits would land (grass, ground, bug and poison I think).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as the speed is mediocre I would be investing into bulk anyway aside from Attack. There is also the matter of stat boosts coming along with Mega Evolution that might bring those 2HKOs into the 3 hit margin. Either way it would certainly help more than Clear Body or Light Metal.

SHINY PACHIRISU... IT'S PINK AND FLUFFY! \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    SHINY PACHIRISU... IT'S PINK AND FLUFFY! \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I know. I always dreaded coming up against that one Coordinator in R/S/E in the final Beauty contest, who had the Gyarados with Hydro Pump.

That thing was a beach.
    Contests were a lot of fun. I hope they bring them back in some form if they do a ruby sapphire remake.

__
    I finally got the pokebank and transferred over my pokemon from White! I can hopefully got find a feebas and togetic. Looks like I'll still need to find a meowth in GTS, but that's fine.

I was surprised that more boxes opened up after I got pokebank. Also, kind of surprised how little time I put into White. I only put 48 hours, and that's after beating the E4 and catching some legendaries.

__

Can someone explain some differences between "Battle" and "Battle Spot" please?
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

I was surprised that more boxes opened up after I got pokebank. Also, kind of surprised how little time I put into White. I only put 48 hours, and that's after beating the E4 and catching some legendaries.
    There wasn't a ton of stuff to do really. Just help Detective Gumshoe/ Looker track down the team plasma sages. I think I spent most of my end game time in Undella Town for the music.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Contests were a lot of fun. I hope they bring them back in some form if they do a ruby sapphire remake.

__
    I finally got the pokebank and transferred over my pokemon from White! I can hopefully got find a feebas and togetic. Looks like I'll still need to find a meowth in GTS, but that's fine.

__

Can someone explain some differences between "Battle" and "Battle Spot" please?
    Battle Spot is ranked, i believe you go there to compete in tournaments too

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    Battle Spot is ranked, i believe you go there to compete in tournaments too
    Whoops.

Well the dude used Sand Stream and I heard that was banned so we both didn't know what was going on then.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    There wasn't a ton of stuff to do really. Just help Detective Gumshoe/ Looker track down the team plasma sages. I think I spent most of my end game time in Undella Town for the music.
    Yeah, I was surprised for some reason. Guess it's been a while since I played. I was complaining to myself how XY felt so short, but I poured 70 hours into it already. I think the thing is that XY was so easy compared to previous ones. The E4 in BW gave me trouble for some reason. I had to use 2-3 legendaries to beat them.

I liked the story a bit more in BW, but overall I prefer XY, since it's the first pokemon game I finally got to battle the E4 the first time with all the pokemon I wanted.

Ruby is where I spent most of my time though. 100+ hours.

Also, another question, you know how you can transfer Gen 4 pokemon to Gen 5 but you need two DS systems, would the 3DS work too, or does it have to be between two DS systems?
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can transfer using the 3ds and a regular ds, I've transferred several things to gen 5, then to y cuz I wanted poke and dex filled

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoops.

Well the dude used Sand Stream and I heard that was banned so we both didn't know what was going on then.
    Battle Spot does NOT use the Smogon singles ruleset in which you have the evasion/sleep clause and other stuff. This ruleset is not oficial in any shape or form.
    On that matter Sand Stream isn't banned, Sand Veil is as it affects Evasion.

Battle Spot does NOT use the Smogon singles ruleset in which you have the evasion/sleep clause and other stuff. This ruleset is not oficial in any shape or form.
    On that matter Sand Stream isn't banned, Sand Veil is as it affects Evasion.
    Would you care for some battles today?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure thing, getting on.

Sure thing, getting on.
    Not now. Later. Need to do some stuff 1st.