Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarghol View Post
    What are you hoping for? I assume most people will answer "all new games", but between Grey and 3d gen remakes?
    Skelington is hoping for G3 remakes more than Gray first. He probably won't buy Gray(as he never buys the third game), and has never actually beaten the G3 games since the Sapphire cartridge broke.

I also want R/S remakes. I'll buy Grey, but only so i can play through 5th gen again. I usually don't bother with the 3rd game.

R/S/E are 10 years old though, and I'd love to play an updated version. I'd probably enjoy those games a lot more than B/W, and they might get me to play Pokemon a lot more (and work on the Pokedex), as I got bored of Black really fast.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh, here's the picture I was looking for.

You know you all want Fluffeon.

3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

You know you all want Fluffeon.
    Nah. Spookeon is the best of those.

Deleted
    Watched a live stream of Pokemon Smash Live and their major announcement...

They announced Pokemon Black & White 2. 0_o

2 new forms for Kyurem, or something.

This will get interesting.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-02-25 at 11:37 PM.

Oh thank god! I'm so happy it's not gen 3 remake. I'm a little confused by this, but happy non-the-less, is it like Grey version, or is it a continuation? O_o

Deleted
    I think it's a sequel.

Black and White 2? That's odd. Hopefully someone has translations of the whole show soon. I'm disappointed we didn't get R/S remakes or 3DS game, but I guess I'll just wait and see what this is all about. Hopefully they're more interesting than B/W, and actually get me to play past the Elite Four.

Looks like those Kyurem forms are fused with Reshiram/Zekrom or something. And looking at the logos, they might be ice and fire types?
    Last edited by Duruka; 2012-02-25 at 11:42 PM.

So... there are two and they are continuations of B/W? Almost Gray.
    Neat.
    http://pokemondungeon.net/2012/02/br...med/#more-4569
    "With 2 New different Kyurem forms, will appear! The forms are currently unamed, but appear to be a fusion of Kyurem and Zekrom, and Kyurem and Reshiram."

Not on the 3DS, either.
    Was hoping for a R/S remake. Depending on what is added, i might get these. Wasn't planning on getting Gray, though.

I wonder if we can transfer our Pokemon over to the sequel?

I don't see why you couldn't trade them.

Deleted

Better picture.

But, I'm wondering if we start over or what?

June 2012 release apparently. http://pokebeach.com/2012/02/pokemon...-pokemon-smash

I would assume you start over, but this is new and scary. I wonder how it would work as continuing your character from B/W if that is the case.

The June release is for Japan. So far, pokemon has always been released in America/Europe 6 or 7 months afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Too early to say. I would assume you start over, but this is new and scary.

The June release is for Japan. So far, pokemon has been released in America/Europe 6 or 7 months afterwards.
    Yeah, this is weird. I need more info! Will it be a continuation of the story? More features added on, like a usual 3rd game? I'm so confused.

Oh well, it could be neat I guess. I'm still hoping we get a R/S remake announcement though.

Edit: Bottom of this site has "3DS" written on it. Some 3D features, or a full 3D game? We need translations soon.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2012-02-26 at 12:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    Bottom of this site has "3DS" written on it. Some 3D features, or a full 3D game? We need translations soon.
    http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-vi...ite-version-2/

It's for DS so I guess it has some 3DS enhancements.

blah, nevermind. too much tin foil hat.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-02-26 at 12:30 AM.

Deleted
    Am i the only one that was hoping they where not 3DS only ? as i dont think the 3ds is worth it as im 3d blind (even tought the game library is looking good i still dont see the point in buying something i cant even use its main feature)

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Am i the only one that was hoping they where not 3DS only ? as i dont think the 3ds is worth it as im 3d blind (even tought the game library is looking good i still dont see the point in buying something i cant even use its main feature)
    It is worth it, eventually DS games will stop being made as is what happens to every console after it's gen span. Just turn the 3D feature off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    If you want to continue playing DS games, it's definitely worth it. The 3D isn't needed at all. It only adds stuff in a few games like Mario, but only for small sections.

I think making it DS only was pretty weak. Streetpass trading? Built in Pokewalker? Better resolution, graphics, and 3D effects? They could've added a whole bunch of cool features. It would probably boost their 3DS sales quite a bit too.