Thread: Pokémon!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dat trailer ees nuthing

http://kotaku.com/four-more-characte...ros-1604622842

Dis is

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sure.... The poke trailer is interesting,but not mine?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I swear to god if I ever see someone call the 3 cats(LION, TIGER AND LEOPARD) dogs I'm gonna skin him/her alive.
    The "official" (fan) name is "Legendary Dogs." I also see "Legendary beasts." Yours is the first time I have ever seen "Legendary Cats."

Like the eeveelutions, they can honestly go either way depending on what you tend to notice. I, personally, like dogs more, so it's natural I'd be more likely to recognize the more canine features. Honestly, the only one who looks like a cat to me is Raikou - but Suicune and Entei look more canine to me than feline. I'm sure the opposite hits you; you see their feline features first.

That's fine. but they will always be the Legendary Dogs to me 'cause that's what I have been calling them since I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    anyon else miss fatkachu? back in my day pikachu was chubby and cuddly, chilren these days dont know nuffin bout fatkachu

[IMG]http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--li_kzFUt--/lyv5t9tqzzbgv09hygtb.jpg[IMG]
    I prefer fat pikachu from the original anime, but I'm okay with current-day pikachu. Something about fatkachu is just so much more cute to me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    there are many ways to mega evolve pokemon.

they could still have megas.
    I'm pretty sure corocoro said that Steven uses a "mega brooch" somewhere.

Edit: yeah it's right here on Serebii

In The Games Department

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire- CoroCoro Reveals

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to AnimeNewsNetwork and this batch showcases more information about the games. In this, it revealed Mega Metagross, which will be used by Steven. Steven Mega Evolves Metagross using the Mega Brooch and the scan references the fact that there are different Pokémon in Hoenn than before More details are to come .
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2014-07-14 at 04:00 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Pokemon Z

New Feature

Super Mega evolutions. Further Evolve your Mega Form. Takes 2 turns.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    If the Trainer doesn't have a Key Stone, you can't mega evolve a Pokémon.
    he could have one somewhere we dont see yet.

or it may still be his watch. we dont know until the game is out. diantha has a mega stone in her necklace and its barely visible

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Seems like Mega Diancie will end up being banned maybe.
    Mhm...

With the "loses defence, but gains speed & SpAtk" quote, I now fucking hate it competitively. I was planning to bring it in my Trick Room team with SR, TR, Diamond Storm & w/e. I would love it if it kept its defences and just gained Atk & SpAtk. It also needs Play Rough if it's ever going to be a physical threat, but oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Its movepool is so barren that it's not even funny, actually

Physically it has: Diamond Storm (Rock, 100 BP), Gyro Ball, Rock Slide, Explosion, Giga Impact, Smack Down, Return, Rock Tomb, Facade, Stone Edge and nothing else.
    Specially it has: Moonblast, Psyshock, Hyper Beam, Hidden Power, Psychic, Round & Dazzling Gleam.

With these moves, it can only go special and as a result never use Diamond Storm which is its signature ability. Just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Mhm...

With the "loses defence, but gains speed & SpAtk" quote, I now fucking hate it competitively. I was planning to bring it in my Trick Room team with SR, TR, Diamond Storm & w/e. I would love it if it kept its defences and just gained Atk & SpAtk. It also needs Play Rough if it's ever going to be a physical threat, but oh well.
    Sounds like Metagross might be getting similar treatment in terms of speed

Upon Mega Evolving, Metagross's Ability changes to Tough Claws, which increases the power of attacks that make physical contact. Its Speed is also increased greatly, and its stats are better balanced than ever! With increases in its Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, and Sp. Def, this is a Pokémon primed for both offense and defense.
    Last edited by Dasir; 2014-07-14 at 04:38 PM.
    Friend Code: 0232-9398-7407
    IGN - Dasir

Quote Originally Posted by Dasir View Post
    Sounds like Metagross might be getting similar treatment in terms of speed
    Metagross is an entirely different topic. Metagross has an offensive ability that will destroy everything that dares switch in except Skarmory and still hit skarmory hard too. Metagross needs the speed. Diancie on the other hand was scouted with stats of a carbink which can also cause some damage and also has Magic Bounce. It's a terrible pity that it gets Speed and loses defences. I smell a Magic Bouncer with the potential of Espeon: goodish, but just never actually enough

- - - Updated - - -

If nature power wasn't changed to be Tri Attack instead of Earthquake, Diancie would stand a chance as a physical girl, but nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is Mega Metagross already banned to ubers or what? because he's already a pseudo-legendary. And his mega makes him more powerful in literally every stat department. Whaaaat. xD
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Deleted
    Since gen VI lacks that 100/100/100/100/100/100 legendary, I think they're trying to make mega Diancie:
    50/130/130/130/130/130

That's +30 attack & special attack, -20 defense & special defense and +80 speed (I kinda doubt this but who knows!).
    Mega Diancie that take advantage of its extremely high Attack and Sp. Atk, and its aptitude for blindingly fast attacks.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2014-07-14 at 04:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    So is Mega Metagross already banned to ubers or what? because he's already a pseudo-legendary. And his mega makes him more powerful in literally every stat department. Whaaaat. xD
    Calm yourself, until we know the numbers there is no saying if he belongs in Ubers or not. Don't forget that he is still hampered by Ghost and Dark.
    I will admit that it is rather likely though based on the pretty good stats he already has. It might come down to the ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Calm yourself, until we know the numbers there is no saying if he belongs in Ubers or not. Don't forget that he is still hampered by Ghost and Dark.
    I will admit that it is rather likely though based on the pretty good stats he already has. It might come down to the ability.
    Yeah, I dunno. Usually Megas don't get the treatment he seems to be getting. His stats are getting boosted in literally every slot (except HP, I suppose.)

He's got serious weaknesses, yeah. And you're right - if his defense boosts aren't enough it might keep him down? But I highly suspect he's gonna be ridiculously OP just because he's already got really high atk/def (135/130) and his speed will be "boosted greatly." It sounds like they're going to make him capable of sweeping + be bulky at the same time. That.... that sounds nuts to me. >.<

It's confirmed that he has Tough Claws.

i like all the redesigns so far except for mays and maxies. Y U TURN MAXIE INTO HUGE NERD @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    It's confirmed that he has Tough Claws.
    Ok, Mega evolution boosts the base stats for a total of 100, so we are looking at a 700 BST and Tough Claws for Mega Metagross. That is more than some Legendaries.
    Screw whatever I said, definitely uber material.

Edit:
    Then again Mega-Garchomp didn't make it with his 700 BST. But he doesn't have Tough Claws and fairies are mean. Oh well, we'll see.
    Last edited by Nelavar; 2014-07-14 at 05:17 PM.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Personal opinion here, but I imagine it will come down heavily to what his speed is boosted to. Just runnign him through the Pokemon calculator, with an increased defense, you can still knock him out with Talonflame and the like. If he gets enough of a speed boost and attack boost that running jolly is relevant (in the case of bullet punch not simply being optimal) then I imagine he will take a seat along side mega khan.

Just read the claws ability part... ouch.
    Last edited by theostrichsays; 2014-07-14 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    This is already the case. People gen Pokemon from BW and transport them through the Pokebank.

There's no difference between them and one that someone bred as long as the moves and abilities are legal, except if you consider it scumbaggy to do.

You can't, however, transfer Pokemon with illegal moves (moves they can't learn,) or illegal abilities (ones that cannot be unlocked) and have them pass through the Pokebank or be eligible for online play. Everytime you open up the Pokebank or use one of the 3DS online functions, it does a scan of the game and the Pokemon trying to be used to check. If someone has an Action Reply and has on the "OHKO" feature, the Battle Spot will reject their access. If someone tries to gen something that is unobtainable and transfer it up, the Pokebank will reject their access. If someone uses the Action Reply to get an illegal move or ability and try to battle or trade them, the Trade, GTS, and Battle Spots will reject them there too.
    What happens if your online access gets revoked? Is there a way to reinstate it?

Ok, Mega evolution boosts the base stats for a total of 100, so we are looking at a 700 BST and Tough Claws for Mega Metagross. That is more than some Legendaries.
    Screw whatever I said, definitely uber material.
    Fool Play, that is all.

Meh, I'm sad about diancie. Only thing that can turn this around are the so much awaited for and sought after move tutors in ORAS. We shall see what will happen there, and for their own good, I surely hope that it won't be messy or that they won't exist at all.

Can you guys actually imagine not having move tutors in ORAS? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you guys actually imagine not having move tutors in ORAS? :O
    No.

I will throw a fit if they don't exist. And I don't even do competitive! It's just so annoying to be restricted because of lack of foresight on Nintendo's part (or amazing foresight and seedy business practices, depending on how much of a conspiracy theorist the person judging is. Trying to keep the tutor as a feature for later game sales? They don't need that! It's Pokemonnnn. I do not subscribe to this theory, though, I think they just are dumb and didn't put it in XY.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Fool Play, that is all.
    Good point, haven't though of that. Would make the move a lot more valuable cos I can imagine hew ill be insanely popular.
    On that note @Well no I absolutely want my move tutors to be in ORAS. I want Play Rough+Knock off Absol