Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Cargath, it may not be my place to ask, but that screenshot you have of those fish that aren't pokemon, it looks like it was taken from watching that online, are you watching these episodes somewhere online? I was thinking about getting a nice wave of pokemon nostalgia myself, and even tried once, but couldn't find anywhere to watch the older episodes.
    I found it here http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/...1#video=xhvmh7 he has the first 8 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Male characters, on the other hand...

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/990/pokemonxu.jpg
    Nice Jessie.....Nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    I had an idea of doing a Nuzlocke run on a game, but I can't decide which . You guys have any ideas? I'm talking about ANY Pokemon game, including the hacks. Preferably a hack actually, as it's more entertaining with being able to catch every Pokemon in the game instead of being limited to that gen.
    I did a Nuzlocke Run on Fire Red. it was really fun, but not that much of a challenge, because you have so many routes you can visit early on to catch pokemon.

Yeah I found that out the hard way. We played it originally as Nuzlocke, but we have like 193109391 pokemon because there's so many new areas. There's even grass in some cities -.-.

I may just do a Blaze Black Nuzlocke, but that's a bit harsh. The game is fairly challenging with that hack, so it may end rather abruptly. Even playing it normally I struggled against certain gyms. I really would like to Nuzlocke a hack, but may need to just do it on a normal game.
    Blaze Black?

It's a hack of Black. Makes it a lot harder w/ every Pokemon obtainable.
    Sounds interesting. Absolutely every Pokémon obtainable? Is it like the original game, or has the storyline been altered? No way to get such a hack with Zekrom instead of Reshiram?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Just found this: http://watertrainer.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d38l6te SADLY it's fake, which is a great shame - Honestly I'd love if this was the 6th gen. They all look great and plausible. The Fire-starter is awesome and there are some interesting type-combos and designs.
    What truly puzzles me is why would anyone spend this much time on something like this?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

OK so I havent played this game since I think Silver, but only remember there being 150 how many are there now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Just found this: http://watertrainer.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d38l6te SADLY it's fake, which is a great shame - Honestly I'd love if this was the 6th gen. They all look great and plausible. The Fire-starter is awesome and there are some interesting type-combos and designs.
    What truly puzzles me is why would anyone spend this much time on something like this?
    I think they look awful. But I am weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    95% of the pokemon in black and white looked awful on paper to its the sprites that matter
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed you are.

A few select of those look good, but many of them look like the usual kind of Pokémon that I tend to dislike. I'm really digging the Basculin evolutions though.

The coolest ones of these are Arctitank, Tapire & Tapiburn, Triceratro, Volgolem, Meterock, Armordra, Pompogoul and Armoclaw. Can't even count them on two hands. I really dislike the starters tbh, they're just... boring. We already have enough Pokémon inspired by dogs, cats and funnily enough beavers. It's still a job well done, even if I don't like them very much it's still really well made.

Some people actually like making things like these, seeing your creations ''come to life'' is always a reward in itself. If I could make sprites, and if I had the patience, I'd love to make some custom made ones myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    OK so I havent played this game since I think Silver, but only remember there being 150 how many are there now?
    If you count Genesect (which I think has not yet been officially revealed) there's 649

10+ Year Old Account
    Hobby? It'd be like drawing a picture in your spare time. Anyways, someone needs to get in contact with this person and use those for a hack. Too often do hacks come out with the stupidest looking pokemon ever.

Most of those are just colorful knock-offs of already existing designs. Like, even more so than Spearow and Taillow. Some are cool, but most are meh/ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Most of those are just colorful knock-offs of already existing designs. Like, even more so than Spearow and Taillow. Some are cool, but most are meh/ugly.
    I think they're ok. Maybe a bit more evolutions from older generation would've been good. Although you can clearly see that "water trainer" loves the "special" element-mons. Nearly no normal are on that list. Understandable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turlyonlost to tirion wtf View Post
    95% of the pokemon in black and white looked awful on paper to its the sprites that matter
    I never claimed I liked the Pokemon in BW

Indeed you are.
    Baby don't be like that

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    I'd argue that every generation since Gen 1 has had plenty of colourful knock-offs of already existing designs :P

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 05:45 PM ----------

I never claimed I liked the Pokemon in BW

Baby don't be like that

I rest my case! Where's mah rape-whistle!?

I love it just because he drew up an evolution to Ferrothorn that actually looks pretty amazing. Also, an adorable little baby Druddigon. I'm kind of sad that's not real.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I love it just because he drew up an evolution to Ferrothorn that actually looks pretty amazing. Also, an adorable little baby Druddigon. I'm kind of sad that's not real.
    To be honest, I personally think that most of them looks better than most of the 5th and 4th gen. And again I love the weird typings all over... Bug/Dragon, Fire/Electric, Ghost/Psychic....

You forgot Fire/Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.