Thread: Pokémon!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    On the bright side, fan boys like yourself will ultimately be the death of the franchise. As there's no real innovation, it will gradually lose all appeal to the remainder of the market, and new consumers will see it as boring and outdated on release.
    To be fair, people have been saying this since 1996.

"Pokemon is just a fad", afterall.

Theres been very little innovation in the franchise itself because Nintendo wants it that way. They depend on it to sell handhelds and as long as that occurs there isnt going to be a paradigm shift.

That being said, the majority of the innovation (and for lack of a better word) evolution of the franchise occurs in spin-offs. The chance of another Pokemon Stadium or even Pokemon Conquest still gives people hope, and the nostalgia factor keeps people engaged in the series.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post

Theres been very little innovation in the franchise itself because Nintendo wants it that way. They depend on it to sell handhelds and as long as that occurs there isnt going to be a paradigm shift.

That being said, the majority of the innovation (and for lack of a better word) evolution of the franchise occurs in spin-offs. The chance of another Pokemon Stadium or even Pokemon Conquest still gives people hope, and the nostalgia factor keeps people engaged in the series.
    The game has as much innovations as it needs. For singleplayer the story gets better with every single game. And for singleplayer the new generations always introduce new moves, new abilities, new items and therefor new strategies.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks. I tried saying something to the same effect, but couldn't phrase my thoughts properly, so I hoped someone else would say it :P

To be honest, this is why I still like the Pokemon franchise: They keep the winning formula in the main series, and use spin-offs for innovation. In my mind, several companies should have done the same -.-
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    why they didn't stop at 250 Pokemon ? Those new one doesn't make any sens and look very ugly..
    Without Pokemon 493 we wouldn't even have Pokemon or even Humans in the game.

my top favorite grass types are roserade, and serperior, liligant,whimsicott,septile,cherrim..during sunny weather, and ferrothorn...the rest...just suck.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Perhaps you should form a "battered housewives of Nintendo" club, with your own private forum, instead of telling others what they can and can not like? You will "like" anything Nintendo spews out and irons the "Pokemon" name onto. Others are going to see it as yet another cash grab using the fame of the original games.

On the bright side, fan boys like yourself will ultimately be the death of the franchise. As there's no real innovation, it will gradually lose all appeal to the remainder of the market, and new consumers will see it as boring and outdated on release.
    yeah yeah ok people have been saying this for years whats next? you gonna tell me nintendo is going to stop making hardware and shift to only making games to?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    my top favorite grass types are roserade, and serperior, liligant,whimsicott,septile,cherrim..during sunny weather, and ferrothorn...the rest...just suck.
    Does no one love sweet Meganium? While speaking of Meganium does anyone always try to get a female Chikorita when choosing grass as the Gen II starter? A male Chikorita just seems weird.

This is exactly why it'll die quietly with time unless it adapts. For the moment, the blindly loyal fanbase will continue to buy anything Nintendo shits out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah yeah ok people have been saying this for years whats next? you gonna tell me nintendo is going to stop making hardware and shift to only making games to?
    What kind of a stupid comment is that? "So you're saying that one game franchise under Nintendo is going to fail with time? Clearly you're suggesting Nintendo will go the way of SEGA." Please, don't try to put words in my mouth if you're too busy choking on your own tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    Without Pokemon 493 we wouldn't even have Pokemon or even Humans in the game.
    Honestly, what kind of a stupid argument is that? It's very much likely 493 hadn't even been thought of when Gold and Silver were released. Retconed relevance is the base of your argument?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I just dislike Voltorb, Electrode, Weedle's line, Grimer/Muk, Jolten, Farfetch'd, Fearow's line, Drowzee, and the Hitmon- pokemon I think most other Gen 1s are pretty good. Gen 2 was my favourite all together
    How can you not like Beedrill, Farfetch´d and Hotmonchan? They look quite good, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Frankly, many of the old Pokémon look hideous, nostalgia simply blinds that. Granted that a lot of the newer ones are also ugly as hell, there are some cool Pokémon in those generations.
    I'm quite a fan of looks. It's quite hard to get a usefull AND good looking team in B&W, imo.

Does no one love sweet Meganium? While speaking of Meganium does anyone always try to get a female Chikorita when choosing grass as the Gen II starter? A male Chikorita just seems weird.
    Haha, this! And then I gave up chose a Cindaquil and got a female... fml
    Last edited by Taurenburger; 2013-03-03 at 10:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    You thought Murk was ugly?

Anyway, I am liking the look of the new legendaries; especially the stag looking one (can't remember the name).

10+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly why it'll die quietly with time unless it adapts. For the moment, the blindly loyal fanbase will continue to buy anything Nintendo shits out for them.

What kind of a stupid comment is that? "So you're saying that one game franchise under Nintendo is going to fail with time? Clearly you're suggesting Nintendo will go the way of SEGA." Please, don't try to put words in my mouth if you're too busy choking on your own tongue.

Honestly, what kind of a stupid argument is that? It's very much likely 493 hadn't even been thought of when Gold and Silver were released. Retconed relevance is the base of your argument?
    Someone sounds like they're a Sony pony or an Msoft fanboy Seriously, though, you do. I've never heard such hatred for Nintendo unless it's spoken from either of those parties. Or maybe you're one of those "old Nintendo fans" that feel like Nintendo betrayed you b/c you grew up and Nintendo didn't. Either way, Nintendo is still selling plenty of games and hardware and I'm sure it's not just b/c of the fanbase. Then again, the same could be said for Msoft/Sony that they're also surviving b/c of a blindly loyal fanbase that will buy anything they shit out *cough*genericmilitaryshooter5*cough* (though Sony does actually have other games)

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Dunno if anyone has posted but PokeMMO http://pokemmo.eu/ good done up mmo pokemon world based on fire red, requires pokemmo client and fire red rom ( heart gold or soul silver optional for small perks/ pokemon combat enchaned). ~Snip~ for fire red and heart gold. Playing it atm and really feeds the pokemon hunger

~Linking to ROM sites isn't allowed~
    Last edited by ghostkitteh; 2013-03-03 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gen II Pokemon Ho-Oh was in the first episode of the anime. It's clear the creator planned all things out. When he would release the God of Pokemon was up to when he felt Arceus was needed. The entire Pokemon universe had it's story already fleshed out. He just needed to add the who and when. Mew was the great connector in this sense. Mew contains all DNA of every Pokemon past, present, and future. Arceus being the God of Pokemon created Mew so that it would be this way. It was pretty obvious they were going a supreme deity route if you actually pay attention to the details in the story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helrizen View Post
    Dunno if anyone has posted but PokeMMO http://pokemmo.eu/ good done up mmo pokemon world based on fire red, requires pokemmo client and fire red rom ( heart gold or soul silver optional for small perks/ pokemon combat enchaned). for fire red and heart gold. Playing it atm and really feeds the pokemon hunger

No, no, that's what the M stands for. Learn your initialisms, game devs.
    Last edited by Splenda; 2013-03-06 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    Gen II Pokemon Ho-Oh was in the first episode of the anime. It's clear the creator planned all things out. When he would release the God of Pokemon was up to when he felt Arceus was needed. The entire Pokemon universe had it's story already fleshed out. He just needed to add the who and when. Mew was the great connector in this sense. Mew contains all DNA of every Pokemon past, present, and future. Arceus being the God of Pokemon created Mew so that it would be this way. It was pretty obvious they were going a supreme deity route if you actually pay attention to the details in the story.
    Actually that's not true. They had thought of gen 1 and 2 from the very beginning. But not of 3-5

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Someone sounds like they're a Sony pony or an Msoft fanboy Seriously, though, you do. I've never heard such hatred for Nintendo unless it's spoken from either of those parties. Or maybe you're one of those "old Nintendo fans" that feel like Nintendo betrayed you b/c you grew up and Nintendo didn't. Either way, Nintendo is still selling plenty of games and hardware and I'm sure it's not just b/c of the fanbase. Then again, the same could be said for Msoft/Sony that they're also surviving b/c of a blindly loyal fanbase that will buy anything they shit out *cough*genericmilitaryshooter5*cough* (though Sony does actually have other games)
    Do you even think before you post, or does the shit just dribble out? What hatred for Nintendo? What love of MS/Sony? Actually, I just remembered I've seen you post before, and it was of similar "quality". Don't bother trying to explain yourself.

Err... That Ho-Oh didn't even look like the finished product. It was just "a legendary bird". Something thrown in that they'd cover much later, if the series survived that long. You're giving the story writers far too much credit. Another poster states they'd planned out the first 251. Even that I'd doubt. It's an industry where a series can easily be axed mid run. It's a bit like saying Munna was designed years in advance, and not that it was a joke by the creators who finally decided "let's actually do that".

Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post

No, no, that's what the M stands for. Learn your initialisms, game devs.
    That's actually what the second M stands for...

15+ Year Old Account
    Err... That Ho-Oh didn't even look like the finished product. It was just "a legendary bird". Something thrown in that they'd cover much later, if the series survived that long.
    Erm.

Deleted
    That's actually what the second M stands for...
    I know, that's why I said "that's what the M stands for." Don't get all ellipsis on me, boy.

Deleted
    Erm.

Just ignore the idiot and he'll go away...

Infracted. Flaming is not tolerated here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-03-04 at 01:27 AM.

Err... That Ho-Oh didn't even look like the finished product. It was just "a legendary bird". Something thrown in that they'd cover much later, if the series survived that long. You're giving the story writers far too much credit. Another poster states they'd planned out the first 251. Even that I'd doubt. It's an industry where a series can easily be axed mid run. It's a bit like saying Munna was designed years in advance, and not that it was a joke by the creators who finally decided "let's actually do that".
    Except they did. Most of the generation 2 pokemon and features were cut from the original and saved for later.
    But do please go on. You're absolutely right about and clearly know everything.