Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Also just to point out, I caught rayq with a ultraball, on the first throw, of the first turn, of the first encounter, without damaging him or putting any status effect xD think the odds of that is 1 in 6000 a friend told me, on the same file, I also picked up the pkrs which is 1 in 32000 or 36000 in emerald
    The catch rate for Rayquaza is 3, which means that there's a 0,4% chance of catching it at full health with a normal Poké Ball. Times that with 2, since an Ultra Ball is double as effective as a Poké Ball, and it becomes 0,8% chance of catching Rayquaza at full health with an Ultra Ball. Also, congrats on the PokéRus, that shit is insanely rare.

Also, I'm willing to bet 10 bucks that when the Panda's evolution is revealed everyone will hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    The catch rate for Rayquaza is 3, which means that there's a 0,4% chance of catching it at full health with a normal Poké Ball. Times that with 2, since an Ultra Ball is double as effective as a Poké Ball, and it becomes 0,8% chance of catching Rayquaza at full health with an Ultra Ball. Also, congrats on the PokéRus, that shit is insanely rare.

Also, I'm willing to bet 10 bucks that when the Panda's evolution is revealed everyone will hate it.
    i dont think so, unless they pull a dratini and have it be completely different gonna be kind of hard to mess up a panda with an attitude.

plus gamefreaks track record with bear pokemon seems good so far.
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-05-12 at 06:04 PM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont think so, unless they pull a dratini and have it be completely different gonna be kind of hard to mess up a panda with an attitude.

plus gamefreaks track record with bear pokemon seems good so far.
    Beartic bothers the shit out of me. He'd be absolutely fine if it wasn't for his, um... personalized physical attribute.

/shudder
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Beartic bothers the shit out of me. He'd be absolutely fine if it wasn't for his, um... personalized physical attribute.

/shudder
    lol it doesnt look as bad in the show

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have no idea how Beartic is pronounced. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking at it like Bear + tick. It looks like it's a fusion of bear and artic.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    I still have no idea how Beartic is pronounced. :/
    i just pronounce it bear tic

So I recently started playing white two after a few months hiatus, and went straight to the PWT. After my eeveelution team lost incredibly easily in the Kanto leader tournament, I made a completely new team, which includes Togekiss, Infernape, Milotic, Raikou, Latios, and Steelix.

I got to say, Togekiss is a beast. That ability after a thunder wave and a brightpowder Air Slash is just OP. I mean, when I battled Morty in the Johto region, I screwed up and it was just my Togekiss vs Morty's entrie team, and he swept them with ease.

Also, is it just me, or are the Kanto leaders way tougher than the other regions? I don't even want to remember how many times Misty/Janine/Sabrina murdered me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    Also, is it just me, or are the Kanto leaders way tougher than the other regions? I don't even want to remember how many times Misty/Janine/Sabrina murdered me.
    I had that experience as well. Unova leaders being the easiest followed by Johto, with Kanto and Sinnoh leaders being the hardest. Also I find it very dissapointing that one of the easiest champs is red.

ive facerolled most o the leaders johto was a bit difficult, but a lucario/latias combo facerolled every leader...this was basically the same for kanto leaders but i brought in a landorus for the extra muscle.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Deleted
    Looks like the english names of the new pokemon have been confirmed.

What is interesting is that they have been previously leaked on Pokebeach, by the same guy with this information.
    http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/suppose...er-information

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    ive facerolled most o the leaders johto was a bit difficult, but a lucario/latias combo facerolled every leader...this was basically the same for kanto leaders but i brought in a landorus for the extra muscle.
    Back in Black, I used to run a special sweeper Lucario in wifi matches (back when my wifi was the only kind that words with the old DS). It worked out rather well. Nasty Plot + Life Orb into an aura sphere or dark pulse OHKO anything, or Vacuum Punch to revenge kill. Especially since most expect a Lucario to be a physical sweeper.

And I find it funny you say you use Latias, as I prefer to use Latios. Dragon Gem Draco Meteor is downright OP.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Deleted
    Oh and I forgot to mention. THere's a new trailer.

Every Pokemon fan obviously instantly notices the new amazing feature!
    YOU CAN SIT DOWN!

Pancham whoops butt @_@

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 11:06 AM ----------

also i love that boxart i think its my favorite of all time, and kalos is a cool region name

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 11:29 AM ----------

according to serebii we can change the clothes and add accessories to our trainer. and zigzagoon is in the pokedex one of the early ones.

it will be like leveling up in ruby and sapphire!

15+ Year Old Account
    Gogoat...

Something about that name is just...ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Gogoat...

Something about that name is just...ugh.
    i think its a nice name, he may even end up on my team the way things are going

10+ Year Old Account
    Zigzagoon? Confirm?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Looks like the english names of the new pokemon have been confirmed.

What is interesting is that they have been previously leaked on Pokebeach, by the same guy with this information.
    http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/suppose...er-information
    Eh, some of the info sounds a bit fishy. I suppose it could all be true, but I'll wait for some more "solid" evidence or sources.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

it doesnt look like they put as much effort into the evvee 3ds

i guess its fine i love my pikachu 3ds xl

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 11:51 AM ----------

ARGH I WANTS IT NAO @_@ Y U NO GIVE POKEMON GAMEFREAK Y U NO GIVE!!!

Deleted
    Also very interesting is that they split the Pokedex into 3.
    Central Karos, Mountain Karos and Coastside Karos. This could mean that there are many pokemon in the Regional dex. (Kinda like B2 and W2)

And the official Pokemon site confirmed that helioptile (the lizard) is not only Electric, but it's electric/normal .

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 05:58 PM ----------

Also I just noticed this on the official site.

Stab move at level 5? I hope not, that would make the first fight against the rival pretty damn hard.

They also wrote this.
    At certain points you'll be able to get new outfits and accessories for your Trainer!
    Last edited by mmocb372ace37b; 2013-05-14 at 04:01 PM.