Thread: Pokémon!

mewtwo isnt a clone in the video games so theres no possible way for ditto to be a clone, mew gave birth to mewtwo after being experimented on in the games.

mewtwo is only a clone in the anime
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiggy View Post
    and being found in the laboratory on cinnabar island were the mew experiments were?
    Technically, Ditto is found in the burned down mansion, not the lab.

There's a bunch of similarities that support it. I mean, the coloring and all could be a coincidence, both learning Transform could also be a coincidence (note: Transform has never been a TM,) and saying that the locations you can meet them is a coincidence is in itself stretching it a little, but the fact that the weight is that same can't be a coincidence lining up with all the other things. It's most likely intentional the way I see it, it's not like it's more obscure than things we have in Gen V.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have a question about the newer generation games. Ive been playing Mystery Dungeon and some of the other spin-offs of recent years, but as far as the main series RPGs go I have not played past the Game Boy Advance games very in depth (I have dabbled in some of the DS ones but never completed them). My question is how are the new legendarys obtained in the series? I assume the box characters are integrated into the storyline, but for the other legendarys are they actually apart of the games code and can be accessed with a cheat device or are they all pretty much just DLC now a days?

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    So I have a question about the newer generation games. Ive been playing Mystery Dungeon and some of the other spin-offs of recent years, but as far as the main series RPGs go I have not played past the Game Boy Advance games very in depth (I have dabbled in some of the DS ones but never completed them). My question is how are the new legendarys obtained in the series? I assume the box characters are integrated into the storyline, but for the other legendarys are they actually apart of the games code and can be accessed with a cheat device or are they all pretty much just DLC now a days?
    that might be how they do them in the 3ds games but none of the other games really support dlc, anything downloaded onto the games through wifi have to be able to be made ingame even if they would require cheating (like say a pikachu that knows surf).

most legendarys are gotten by going to their lair and catching them but theres usually around 3 pokemon you cant get without cheating. i thin kthe 4th gen games diamond and pearl had the most non obtainable legendarys
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    that might be how they do them in the 3ds games but none of the other games really support dlc, anything downloaded onto the games through wifi have to be able to be made ingame even if they would require cheating (like say a pikachu that knows surf).

most legendarys are gotten by going to their lair and catching them but theres usually around 3 pokemon you cant get without cheating. i thin kthe 4th gen games diamond and pearl had the most non obtainable legendarys
    And by non-obtainale, he means event legendaries. All legendaries are obtainable, events don't cost money.

The only legendary I can think of that you can't get without paying, is Manaphy. Since you need Pokemon Ranger for that.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    And by non-obtainale, he means event legendaries. All legendaries are obtainable, events don't cost money.

The only legendary I can think of that you can't get without paying, is Manaphy. Since you need Pokemon Ranger for that.
    well dlc doesnt have to cost money.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    We all know there is only 1 real rape pokemon.

laughed so hard.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 07:23 PM ----------

On the subject of shinies (bragmode: on) I have so many flawless shiny pokemon, I am willing to give away any with almost and possibly any nature/moveset. If only my DS hadn't broke. I am w8ing for October to get a 3DS. Haven't played for a long time now :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post

yeah...imma do reseach so i know what pokemon arent shitty...i dont want ratata 2.0 who just sits there usless as ever because he doesnt bring enough to be useful...or bring it fast enough.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you kinda missed the whole point of that picture. When you were a kid and first played, did you care if Rattata was a pos?

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    I think you kinda missed the whole point of that picture. When you were a kid and first played, did you care if Rattata was a pos?
    Well yeah, but only because it didn't look cool.

Not-cool looking Pokemon are almost always P.O.S. (Note: Even as a college player, this is still how I rate most Pokemon)

15+ Year Old Account
    When you were a kid and first played, did you care if Rattata was a pos?
    Even as a kid i only used Pokemon that were strong enough to be worthwhile. It always bothered me when people still used Butterfree at level 50+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Even as a kid i only used Pokemon that were strong enough to be worthwhile. It always bothered me when people still used Butterfree at level 50+.
    as a kid, most people didn't know who was strong or not :P It's all based on looks. And Butterfree is still pretty nice. A lot better with that accuracy ability and sleep powder than it used to be but even back in the day it was still good enough. Pokemon shouldn't be about power unless you're doing competitive crap :P

@Shadow-cleave: I didn't care for rattatas either b/c they were rats lol

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just wondering about the legendary guys because I remember seeing all these Wi-Fi events and in-store download kiosks for the newer games and was wondering if that downloaded them into the game and they were previously not even in the game, thus added in like DLC. I much prefer for completions sake to just use a cheat device to collect the once i cant normally "catch" in game, like if I remember right didn't Deoxys in FireRed/LeafGreen require a E-Reader card to trigger the event? I just dont like to deal with having to wait for special real world events to unlock stuff in a game.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    as a kid, most people didn't know who was strong or not :P It's all based on looks.
    Exactly. And for in-game, it's almost all good anyways. Heck, I cleared my first playthrough of red with a Dewgong, because I liked Ice typing for some reason and didn't want to "cheat" with Articuno, plus I had a flying type already. My first team ever was pretty weak, but I had a blast because you could still take down the E4, plus it was all pokemon which I liked:

Charizard (pretty strong)
    Haunter (mid range...couldn't trade to get a Gengar at the time)
    Dewgong (weak)
    Pidgetto (weak - mid?)
    Raichu (weak)
    Graveler (mid...couldnt trade to a Golem)

Also used a Wigglytuff for one of the E4 clears ^.^ I loved the move Metronome at the time, if it sucked and I lost, I would just reset till I randomed a good move. Loved singing then spamming Metronome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    Also used a Wigglytuff for one of the E4 clears ^.^ I loved the move Metronome at the time, if it sucked and I lost, I would just reset till I randomed a good move. Loved singing then spamming Metronome.
    Haha yeah, Sometimes I come into threads like these and chuckle a bit. In offline, non competitive plays, you can clear the game with just about any set up at any time. We all proved that back in Red/Blue and kids are still proving it in the newer versions today. What's that? You whited out on a trainer? Take the exact same team into your nearest tall grass for an hour, get everyone 4 levels, come on back. Super hard stuff.

Anyone who was picking teams based on efficiency when they were 12... well, I wont get insulting. Different strokes and all. Whatever floats the ol boat.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

15+ Year Old Account
    as a kid, most people didn't know who was strong or not :P
    I disagree. The entire game works around stats. It didnt take a genius to know that certain Pokemon were throwaways, and others were end-gamers. Back then there was no strategy in the game besides typings. It was all about force.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2013-05-27 at 04:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I disagree. The entire game works around stats. It didnt take a genius to know that certain Pokemon were throwaways, and others were end-gamers. Back then there was no strategy in the game besides typings. It was all about force.
    Having Special Attack and Special Defense all in one stat helped a lot. It meant that you had to look at two stats for the vast majority of pokemon, but only one for the special-based ones.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Well, I am really torn as to what I will do for 6th gen. One plan is to give 6 flawless of my bred and favourite pokes @lvl10 on my X version from my BW2 and RP as a trainer who has come from another region. I've done that before, it's super fun. Then, it's a new gen and I can't forget the blast I had when I played my Gen4 from scratch (no flawless and had no idea of what that was anyway back then). I then remember my gen5 playthrough: while I did enjoy it, I wasn't catching pokemon for trying to complete my pokedex, because I was feeling that my "main" was my Diamond, and thus the experience was more of a rush.

So, now I am like: "Do it from scratch, at least including the Elite Four" or "Give 6 favourite pokemon and explore the new region etc".