Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    During todays episode of Pokémon Get☆TV, the serial code for the Contrary Serperior was revealed. This serial code is a shared code which can be used by multiple people rather than the one-time use serial codes of other events. This code cannot be redeemed until January 9th 2015 but can then be redeemed all the way up to November 30th 2015. The code is POKEMON497.

Deleted
    Hopefully for all people and not only JPN. If so, yay for legit HA gen 5 starters.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by mmoc8ded9ea3f2; 2014-12-27 at 11:37 PM.

Poor Samurott. Serperior and Emboar get their HAs that may make them a bit more potent, awesome in the case of Serperior. Samurott gets to stay in NU forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    During todays episode of Pokémon Get☆TV, the serial code for the Contrary Serperior was revealed. This serial code is a shared code which can be used by multiple people rather than the one-time use serial codes of other events. This code cannot be redeemed until January 9th 2015 but can then be redeemed all the way up to November 30th 2015. The code is POKEMON497.
    So I guess that also gives us the codes for Emboar and Samurott. I mean... it's Serperior's Dex number, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    So I guess that also gives us the codes for Emboar and Samurott. I mean... it's Serperior's Dex number, so...
    There still is a limit when you can claim them though, so changes almost nothing. Good observation anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    There still is a limit when you can claim them though, so changes almost nothing. Good observation anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

http://imgwiz.com/images/2014/12/27/UZWBl.jpg
    Yeah that's what I mean. You can't redeem them at all until they enable it, but we already know the codes beforehand if they're like Serperior's
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted

I thought it was interesting that emboar was the only starter of gen 5 to get a dual type.

Too bad it ended up being fire/fighting and that combo should just die already
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I thought it was interesting that emboar was the only starter of gen 5 to get a dual type.

Too bad it ended up being fire/fighting and that combo should just die already
    Why its great for Blaziken.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Why its great for Blaziken.
    we've had 3 of them

Blaziken was the original and he's amazing, as always.
    Infernape was also amazing.

Emboar is fat and stupid. his only use is to have a good shiny form. And by the time you've got a third Fire/Fighting Pokemon as a starter (IN A ROW - 6 years of it) it gets tired.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    IT BEAT ME IN A PASSERBY BATTLE?!?

BAN IT TO UBERS!!!!

Please understand

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    What the standard player thinks smogon bans are. You know, not like they put on a 2 week long testing period on showdown and allow only the highest ranked battlers to democratically vote on it.....or anything...

...baka.
    Quoting myself for context

So instead of banning it to ubers right away, someone decides "WE NEED TO HAVE A SUSPECT TEST". Who's this person? What brings up the suspect test in the first place? "ERMEHGEWD I GOT BEATED BY A KLEFKI THAT JUST SWAGGERED AND FOUL PLAYED ME TO DEATH ITS NOT FAIR WE NEED TO SUSPECT TEST IT NOW"

This is why we can't have nice things
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account

So instead of banning it to ubers right away, someone decides "WE NEED TO HAVE A SUSPECT TEST". Who's this person? What brings up the suspect test in the first place? "ERMEHGEWD I GOT BEATED BY A KLEFKI THAT JUST SWAGGERED AND FOUL PLAYED ME TO DEATH ITS NOT FAIR WE NEED TO SUSPECT TEST IT NOW"

I'm not saying this is how Smogon works, but...

Imagine you have a program that simulates battles that thousands of people use.

You can use this program to collect data.

The data points show that 80% of teams with Greninjas win. That's a very weird, skewed number - most statistics, when fair, tend to fall right on the 50/50 line.

Wouldn't you investigate it?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, they don't ban Pokemon to ubers because they don't like them (and they are consistently testing old pokemon to make sure their placement is fair.

Here's a direct quote-

Offensive Characteristic
    A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it is capable of sweeping through a significant portion of teams in the metagame with little effort.

Defensive Characteristic
    A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it is able to wall and stall out a significant portion of the metagame.

Support Characteristic
    A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it can consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep.
    They're trying to make an environment that is conducive to fair and enjoyable competitive play on their own website and within their own program. These are rules you need to follow if you want to be a part of Smogon's club. In any other circumstance you don't need to give a shit about them. They don't influence Game Freak's decisions, they don't influence passerby battles, they don't influence the VGC tournament - they're just a group of theorycrafters who want fair and equal play on their own simulator.

I just can't fathom why that's worthy of such vitriol and hate.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

They decide to when they notice something is up with the usage stats. If the pokemon is overly centralizing, it isn't good for the meta, and they ban it. If you want to bitch about it, ladder on showdown, get a high enough ranking, and make your case. The people making the decisions are much more expereineced than skilled than you or I are, and know what they are doing. I trust them if they deem something banworthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, not pokemon, but I made a thing after our 2nd kill on heroic kargath this week:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
    gona leave this here
    Pencilchu?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Whatisidonteven?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

Whatisidonteven?

10+ Year Old Account
    Y r ther so meny bug catchers on route 119?!

10+ Year Old Account

Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Suicune dethroned Ho-Oh in terms of SR dickery.

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to get out that .hack//sign collection I bought last year and watch it.
    Read the blurb, apparently the creator of Evangelion had something to do with it. So I though, yeh this should be decent at least.

No. Evangelion made more sense than this. 2 episodes in, and I'm so fucking confused. Heck, even the "real life" part at the end of episode 1 confuses me because I thought the main character was a guy, but the person in the real life part was wearing a cliche Japanese school girl skirt.