Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we talking the black 3ds with the gold borders and a gold Royal Crest on it?

That thang would be sick as a 3dsXL
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes the Black 3ds with royal crest on it
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I made a really goofball team for that Dragon contest I can't get into lol. Just all basic whatever mons I'm pretty sure since I suck at Nature, IV, etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Im confused (and a noob)

I caught several Feebas's, around 10 with 3 stars. But most IV's i got was 3 maxed. How does one get 5-6? Luck, or is it cause of breeding? 3 from male + 3 from female = 6?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you breed Pokemon while one of them is holding a Destiny 5 IVs out of the twelve that both parents have will be passed down to the child. So the only way to get a guaranteed 5-6 IV Pokemon is by having two 6 IV parents. All in all it boils down to a whole lot of luck.

Deleted
    But it is possible then to get a 5-6 IV wild pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    But it is possible then to get a 5-6 IV wild pokemon?
    nawh, you catch 1-2 with 2-3 perfect ivs. then breed them onto the offspring with destiny knot untill you get a better one with 3-4 Ivs
    keep doing so untill you're left with one with the desired IVs you want.

its time consuming and annoying, because you can end up passing down Ivs you don't want etc.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is possible to get a wild 6 IV Pokemon, but hugely improbable.

Deleted

if you wanna get serious at breeding you better get yourself a 6iv ditto (there are some people that give them away in this thread), it makes breeding A LOT easier

And the chances of catching a wild 6iv poke are like 1/31^6 so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayFrost View Post
    if you wanna get serious at breeding you better get yourself a 6iv ditto (there are some people that give them away in this thread), it makes breeding A LOT easier

And the chances of catching a wild 6iv poke are like 1/31^6 so...
    Ohh..I'd really like one of those Ditto's. Anyone willing to trade me one?

- - - Updated - - -

Just gotten a Riolu from wondertrade.. 99.9% chance of it being hacked.. Shiny, with 6 IV's

15+ Year Old Account
    Ohh..I'd really like one of those Ditto's. Anyone willing to trade me one?

- - - Updated - - -

Just gotten a Riolu from wondertrade.. 99.9% chance of it being hacked.. Shiny, with 6 IV's
    If I were able to clone, I'd give you one. However, I can't clone...

On the Riolu, you can't know if it's hacked. Some people like breeding, and it is not unlikely that a 6IV pokemon hatched shiny. Unless it wasn't from an egg, you cannot ever say it is a hack or not (unless the OT/ID is a known hacker combination).
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurenburger View Post
    If I were able to clone, I'd give you one. However, I can't clone...

On the Riolu, you can't know if it's hacked. Some people like breeding, and it is not unlikely that a 6IV pokemon hatched shiny. Unless it wasn't from an egg, you cannot ever say it is a hack or not (unless the OT/ID is a known hacker combination).
    Is Lucario a decent pokemon to have, with the stats it has now? Thinking of using it

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Lucario a decent pokemon to have, with the stats it has now? Thinking of using it
    Hell yeah it is. Mega Lucario is borderline broken with how powerful it is. Although the physical variant is more popular and more powerful, it can also run special VERY efficiently (while also catching your opponents, if they're actual people, off-guard). In Smogon terms, it is all the way up in Ubers. However, if you're not playing by their rules, you can use it on anything you want. Even regular Lucario, if you're using your Mega slot on something else, can be very dangerous.

Of course, don't forget that even the most broken pokemon have their weaknesses. Sending in Lucario against something like a Fire Blast is really asking for death to knock on your pokeball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Hell yeah it is. Mega Lucario is borderline broken with how powerful it is. Although the physical variant is more popular and more powerful, it can also run special VERY efficiently (while also catching your opponents, if they're actual people, off-guard). In Smogon terms, it is all the way up in Ubers. However, if you're not playing by their rules, you can use it on anything you want. Even regular Lucario, if you're using your Mega slot on something else, can be very dangerous.

Of course, don't forget that even the most broken pokemon have their weaknesses. Sending in Lucario against something like a Fire Blast is really asking for death to knock on your pokeball.

Sounds great. How should i train its EV's? atm im not sure whats it nature is, but what would be the best? (no acess to my game atm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds great. How should i train its EV's? atm im not sure whats it nature is, but what would be the best? (no acess to my game atm)
    Adamant or Jolly for physical, Modest or Timid for special. Evs into speed and either attack or special attack, depending on your type of Lucario.

I see Jolly/Timid used more often, I'm just mentioning the others because, you know... they're an option. Pokemon sites such as Serebii and Bulbapedia usually have a table with natures and what stats they affect, you can use that to help you.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Adamant or Jolly for physical, Modest or Timid for special. Evs into speed and either attack or special attack, depending on your type of Lucario.

I see Jolly/Timid used more often, I'm just mentioning the others because, you know... they're an option. Pokemon sites such as Serebii and Bulbapedia usually have a table with natures and what stats they affect, you can use that to help you.
    Just checked.. Mine's naughty. Is that the reason why someone wondertraded it to me? Shitty nature? I guess i still need a 6IV ditto, and start breeding?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just checked.. Mine's naughty. Is that the reason why someone wondertraded it to me? Shitty nature? I guess i still need a 6IV ditto, and start breeding?
    Seems like a good reason. 6 IV shiny... awesome, but for people looking into breeding a competitive pokemon, having a bad nature ruins everything.

Honestly, if I already had shiny Riolu/Lucario registered, I'd release such a pokemon into WT as well. You know, if I had the damn game and console <.<

Also, if your Riolu is 6IV, you don't necessarily need a Ditto. Just slap the Destiny Knot on the Riolu (or rather, Lucario, since Riolu is considered a baby pokemon, so you gotta evolve it first), and get any random Ditto. Your chances won't be as good as with a 6 IV Ditto, but it is a great start. If the Ditto has the nature you want, slap an Everstone on it as well. In case you're not aware yet, Desnity Knot causes a number of IVs from both parents at random to be inherited by the generated egg, while the Everstone causes it to inherit the wielder's nature.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2015-03-14 at 11:57 AM.