Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I haven't battled, much less followed meta shifts or tier changes, in months. Trying to get back into battling some.
    Eh, to be fair, I looked it up. I don't know most pokemon's tiers from memory, outside of most popular ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    how...
    HOW COULD YOU LET BLASTOISE DIE?!
    YOU ARE NOT WORTHY TO TRAIN A BLASTOISE!
    SORRY I WASN'T EXPECTING FUTHERTRUCKING SHELL SMASH ROCK WRECKER CRUSTLE! PLUS IT WAS A CRIT! I got wrekt T_T

IF YOU HAD TRAINED IT BETTER ENOUGH IT WOULD HAVE SURVIVED THE CRIT TROUGH SHEER LOVE!

/you're forgiven

You know what? I let it die on purpose so i would have an excuse to not use it anymore because blastoise suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks! It would have survived it Blastoise was a half-decent pokemon!

#GrassStarterMasterRace
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2015-05-09 at 11:08 PM.

yugioh is meh, they made the cartoon too kiddy compared to the original
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yugioh is meh, they made the cartoon too kiddy compared to the original
    Kiddy? Like the part in Zexal where there was a huge war between Barrian and Astral world and a lot of characters actually died(they were revived at the end DBZ style)? Or maybe you meant Arc-V where it takes from multiverse theory. Not saying Yugioh is super duper serious, it never was in the first place, just like pokemon. The show is to sell the toys/cards.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was rabbit trailing my way through the interwebs and stumbled upon this gem. Never heard of the group before, but I love that they totally geek out.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Kiddy? Like the part in Zexal where there was a huge war between Barrian and Astral world and a lot of characters actually died(they were revived at the end DBZ style)? Or maybe you meant Arc-V where it takes from multiverse theory. Not saying Yugioh is super duper serious, it never was in the first place, just like pokemon. The show is to sell the toys/cards.
    manga was better before they turned it into a commercial for little kids with the anime
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

manga was better before they turned it into a commercial for little kids with the anime
    Because you were in Japan and read the manga before the anime came out? smh.

- - - Updated - - -

POKEMON X NUZLOCKE: COMPLETE

Final Team-

Hai(Altaria)
    Lancer(Escavalier)
    Kylie(Mr.Mime)
    Choji(Snorlax)
    Simba(Pyroar)
    Bucky(Chesnaught)

Overall, the Elite Four/Champion really put me through my paces and tested the limits of my pokemon(like whether or not Choji could survive a Brave Bird from Talonflame), and everyone got a chance to shine during the battles! The playthrough itself was a blast and I am more than satisfied with the team I had in the end. Although there were some casualties along the way(Fenix, Shellshock, and Irex) it was one of the less bloody lockes I have had. I love how I have never used any of the pokemon I ended with before except for Chesnaught and I couldn't be happier, that is partly the purpose of a nuzlocke after all. Coincidentally, the 3 pokemon that died were all pokemon I used in my original X playthrough 1.5 years ago.

Playthrough MVP: Bucky. He was more or less my check to everything and proved to be so bulky he wasn't even phased when hit by supposedly super effective attacks. He seriously took hits I had no idea he could take! Not to mention he put that Shell Smash-boosted Crustle in it's place and avenged his comrades.

Biggest surprise: Kylie. I learned that female Mr. Mime actually exist, and not only that, but they put in nothing but the finest of work. I never really cared for Mr. Mime before, it was just another forgettable gen 1 pokemon who I never really used or saw used. This playthrough though changed all of that. I was initially disappointed when I got her as my Reflection Cave encounter, but after Fenix died to the surprise Power Gem from Vespiquen, Kylie showed that she wouldn't only replace Fenix, but stand out herself. Not only did she basically counter the next gym, but she also basically countered all of Team Flare's pokemon as well! Seriously, they all have dark/poison/fighting types! When it came time to face them, Kylie was in front blowing them back as we charged through their base! Not to mention she single-handedly took down Siebold, 3/4ths of Drasna's team, and Diantha's might Goodra. Thanks to Kylie, I gained an all new respect for Mr. Mime.
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2015-05-10 at 02:31 AM.

Because you were in Japan and read the manga before the anime came out? smh.
    i saw the pokemon anime before i read pokemon special, and i saw the tmnt movie before i read the original comics. i fail to see how you have any sort of point.

and yeah, in this case i read the manga before i watched the anime, but which one is superior quality has nothing to do with which one i see first.

and yeah, in this case i read the manga before i watched the anime, but which one is superior quality has nothing to do with which one i see first.
    Yes, it does matter, you made it sound like you an original fan before they even made the anime like some kind of hipster. I have read the manga too, it was originally much different from the anime and Yugi's "King of Games" title wasn't just Duel Monsters. The original manga was pretty damn dark and I'm not sure it would have been suitable for kids. Yugi makes a bully stab his hand with a knife, gives another 3rd degree burns, and screws up the vision of another guy permanently. ALL WITHIN THE FIRST VOLUME! Not exactly Saturday morning cartoon material...Yes, the anime is very obviously a commercial for the card game, and it isn't exactly Code Geass, but it was fun to watch back then, and is fun to go back and watch now. Yes, it was/is stupid, but that is just fine imo, it along with Pokemon made my childhood.

Yes, it does matter, you made it sound like you an original fan before they even made the anime like some kind of hipster
    no it doesnt, i said it was better before they changed it and thats all that means. it doesnt matter when you first read or watch something

i say the same thing about the shitty 80s ninja turtles cartoon in comparison to the gritty daredevil spoofing original comics

Looks like Ash is going to catch a Noibat soon. Guess you need to replace an awesome dragon with another one.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Looks like Ash is going to catch a Noibat soon. Guess you need to replace an awesome dragon with another one.
    Noibat is kinda squisy.

Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Noibat is kinda squisy.

[IMG]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/959/403/6d2.png[/IG]
    That girl looks like she would be on The Magic School Bus.

I didn't mean Noibat is awesome, just that we had to get a dragon to replace one.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    it looks like Shauna trying to breastfeed and Espur
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Anyone happen to have a HA Poli-anything they wouldn't mind trading/giving a breeding reject of?

- - - Updated - - -

Just checking one more time. Need a HA Poli to get a Drizzle Politoed for maison doubles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Thank you good sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation