Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    Negatives:

It's a bit on the long side, looking around I see the avarage time for a playthrough ep is about 30 mins but thats prolly why i stopped watching them I like my youtube vids to be 15-20 mins so I can easily squeeze them in between doing something.

Positives:
    You seem to have your own style of playing thru not relying to heavily on "copying" lets say shofu/NWTB/Kingnappy, which is impressive since its easy to default into using their catchphrases

Nidoran starter!
    1. The length honestly wasn't planned. I actually was afraid it would be too short, until I stopped recording and actually got a look at the length. I didn't realize it was 30mins long when I was recording it

2. By copying their commentating styles you mean talking about shit completely unrelated to the game or pokemon? Ya, I really hate that. My style of commentating is just what I do in my head when I am playing, but I am vocalizing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    animationwise. I like it
    storywise: ash is still an idiot
    Sure, he released Goodra, but in his battles, Ash is really showing great strategy and battle prowess. Much more so than BW where he once brought only 1 pokemon to a gym battle because he thought it was all he would need.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Eh, all up to you, I can't draw for shiz ere... So how can I tell? I can make good stories but I think I might happen to bore my audience if I did so...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you got the time and will, sure go for it

15+ Year Old Account
    So I've begun working on my living dex, but I've decided to go through it game by game starting with Fire red, and then trading/moving each completed up to the next game. Almost done with the original 150, saving Mewtwo for the last, but I'm looking for a good way to level those mons that have high level evolves. Been running 3 mons in daycare and using the Viridian gym arrows for infinite walking. This method is good for going from 1-20 with mons, but is horrid for 30+ like most of my remainders need. So, anyone have any good VS seeker spots in fire red to grind for XP?

I'm kinda excited, I never completed the original 150 back in the day without cheating in some way.

So I started a Soul Silver Nuzlocke yesterday and I never thought I'd say this, but Sentret has been putting in nothing but the finest of work! After my Onix died to Bugsy's Scyther, Sentret came in and pull through, winning me the gym battle. Shortly after, against Silver, she single handedly took on his entire team! I hve gained a lot of respect for a pokemon which I was even hesitant to catch in the first place!

How can an Onix die to a Scyther? O______________________________O

How can an Onix die to a Scyther? O______________________________O
    Uturn did a clean 50%...somehow. He went out to Metapod, which I used to get to +6 with Harden. Then he used Focus Energy on Scyther after I killed Metapod and Scyther survived Rock Throw. The next Uturn crit and killed Onix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Disclaimer: This is an opinion.

I feel like she is a bit too humanised especially with the stockings and the hairband which is on a pokemon who is waifu-d to death a bit too much for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    Disclaimer: This is an opinion.

I feel like she is a bit too humanised especially with the stockings and the hairband which is on a pokemon who is waifu-d to death a bit too much for me.
    I agree. I feel like Diantha's Gardevoir looks much better than Wendy does. I dunno, I feel like the whole humanizing Wendy makes it feel like I'm not looking at a Gardevoir anymore.
    This is not to say I don't like the art. I do. But I feel like she's way too human-like, to the point where I don't see it as a pokemon anymore. Don't remove every custom addition, though. Just... I think my big issue with it is that her face looks too much like a human's, and her skirt-thing seems to be on the way to mini skirt land. I feel like the pokemon's features should be kept like those of any Gardevoir, and then adding customization like lipstick, clothing, etc. But like Demon said, this is just an opinion. The art's still great, so if you like how Wendy looks, don't let these opinions sway you into changing her

On the bright side, you didn't give Wendy a pair of gigantic tits like a lot of people do.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2015-05-20 at 07:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Valid criticisms, but her looking and acting more human than rest of her kind are both part of her character arc. Diantha's Gar is there to show other Gardevoir look in the universe. (Though the design is still evolving, not quite sure about the skirt yet for example).

Wendy is a special specimen in my story. She is the only known Pokémon that is able to speak human language, in my story Pokémon don't just decide to start speaking Human to impress ladies. While she can understand what other Pokémon from the Ralts -line are "saying", their "speech" sounds crude and unintelligent to her. Like how you would hear a toddler speaking. This leaves her in an unique spot because she's not quite human nor a Pokémon.

Aaaaand now I'm inspired to draw another pic... Wish I didn't have exams...

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    On the bright side, you didn't give Wendy a pair of gigantic tits like a lot of people do.
    Yeah, not gonna go there with her

Valid criticisms, but her looking and acting more human than rest of her kind are both part of her character arc. Diantha's Gar is there to show other Gardevoir look in the universe. (Though the design is still evolving, not quite sure about the skirt yet for example).

Wendy is a special specimen in my story. She is the only known Pokémon that is able to speak human language
    Sounds a little Mary Sue-ish to be honest :/

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Sounds a little Mary Sue-ish to be honest :/
    Propably made it sound worse than it is. Wendy is first documented case of a Pokémon capable of speech. Psychich types are known to comprehend human speech and even communicating with their trainers telepathically (though not quite like in the anime, speaking sentences into your brain, but more like transferring thoughts and ideas over).

Needles to say, she has been to subject to scientific curioisity around the globe and isn't too fond of Professors who would like to constantly study her. Some like Sycamore she tolerates, but other like Rowan se absolutely hates.

And when it comes to her battlign ability, she is strong, like one would except from a League Tournament Winner, but she is not some sort of overpowered god. Diantha and Gardevoir (damn NPCs should have nicknames for their signature mons >.< ) have remained insurmountable wall for her and Lana.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idc what you do, but it's your art and story lol

But if i have artistic talents like you (mine is shit atm) I would create a character that would be more heroic like, but have forms like Kirby or have a power suit and armor like samus or master chief, that would be different, but more complicated to draw a Pokemon with that stuff on an infernape, but that can happen in the future, or when I have a story to tell, but that's my thought

Also my birthday is comming along nicely
    Last edited by king of lag; 2015-05-21 at 01:36 AM.

Propably made it sound worse than it is. Wendy is first documented case of a Pokémon capable of speech. Psychich types are known to comprehend human speech and even communicating with their trainers telepathically (though not quite like in the anime, speaking sentences into your brain, but more like transferring thoughts and ideas over).

Needles to say, she has been to subject to scientific curioisity around the globe and isn't too fond of Professors who would like to constantly study her. Some like Sycamore she tolerates, but other like Rowan se absolutely hates.

And when it comes to her battlign ability, she is strong, like one would except from a League Tournament Winner, but she is not some sort of overpowered god. Diantha and Gardevoir (damn NPCs should have nicknames for their signature mons >.< ) have remained insurmountable wall for her and Lana.
    Khaz is right, that's encroaching on sue territory. I say make her a subject of telepathy research and have her be telepathic. (After all, Gardevoir's HA is Telepathy!) Maybe she wants to be more like humans and doesn't quite understand them well, but expresses her desire to be more like (maybe her trainer in specific) by mimicking her clothing. However, you should probably continue drawing her more like a traditional Gardevoir. She's already a shiny, so she stands out enough.

What makes a character a sue is traits that may not seem sueish on their own but add up. When the 'specialness' of your character outweighs the more interesting flaws that really "make" the story, that's when you become a 'sue (or more accurately, a special snowflake. Which is quite boring, imo.). What makes her special aren't these 'abilities' she's been given, but her weaknesses and the trials she faces to overcome them. I've read some of your fanfictions, and they're decent, but I really feel kinda "nope" on giving her too many 'special' traits. She's a little boring, because she needs something for the reader to relate with. ( I think she needs more some more palpable flaws, to make both her and her trainer's struggles seem more relate-able to the reader.) In my honest opinion, you need to tone down her human aspect a lot so there's some kind of disconnect between her and her trainer. They need have differences and struggles as a team to overcome otherwise their arc isn't that interesting. (I'm aware that you said Diantha is a problem, but you need to focus on why. If you've managed to overcome every other League, why would you fail at this one?)

Even the most human Pokemon still don't quite understand humanity. Perhaps make that part of her character and story rather than having her as a shiny-talking-Poke'waifu. (No offense!)
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2015-05-21 at 02:54 AM.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Deleted
    So, picked up Omega Ruby again since a while of not touching DS, and decided to complete pokedex, making it a living one at that.. Painful, think I'm tormenting myself with making a living one aswell. I really should keep that for a later date :P

58.7% done, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Feline Grace View Post
    So, picked up Omega Ruby again since a while of not touching DS, and decided to complete pokedex, making it a living one at that.. Painful, think I'm tormenting myself with making a living one aswell. I really should keep that for a later date :P

58.7% done, lol.
    Good luck, sounds like quite a daunting task. If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask on here, there are plenty of people around that will be more than willing to lend a hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, screw the (awesome) fact that I got 4 shinies from wondertrade, I also got a freaking typhlosion, in a freaking luxury ball, a little disappointed that it's male though. But that's fine, can't do much about it.

For those of who did not know it could be done: http://www.marriland.com/forums/poke...luxury-ball-or
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!