Thread: Pokémon!

Why do people characterise a whole of series by a single pokemon like Vanilluxe? It's design isn't the most inspired, but you can't really ignore the very good story and of course all other pokemon introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its trying to be 3 things at once and failing at it, you cant be an airplane a shark and a dragon all at the same time and look like that
    You're dead to me.

To me Garchomp is one out of five or so 4th Gen Pokémon I actually like, and it's one of my absolute favorite Pokémons. I'm not expecting them to create a Pokémon I like as much again honestly, that mostly has to do with how much I love my land shark, but also that I have a hard time liking many of the concepts that they come up with these days. There's not really a single Pokémon in 6th Gen where I've really went "Wow, that's awesome!" and there only were 3 Pokémon that made me feel like that in 5th Gen, Hydreigon, Gigalith and Zekrom, and even them I don't rank anywhere near Garchomp. That's not to say that 6th Gen is shaping up to be bad or anything, it's shaping up decently, but it's probably gonna end up like 5th Gen for me, which was cool and all, but nothing exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by well View Post
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu-41387494

your favourite, zito :d

from me, to you with bug/flying love!
    buttterrfreeee

butterfree owns stfu people
    Last edited by zito; 2013-07-27 at 11:43 PM.

Some of my favorite Pokemon came from Gen 4. Darkrai is one of my favorites, if not my favorite overall (tied with Groudon), Torterra is fucking awesome, Giratina is pretty cool too.

Most of my favorite Pokemon are either Ground/Steel (Groudon, Steelix, Tyranitar) or Psychic/Dark/Ghost (Darkrai, Giratina, Alakazam, etc) types, so Gen 4 is well liked by me (I like all Gens, just some more than others).

Ground team from B2: http://i.imgur.com/eyL3AD3.png
    Dark/Psychic/Ghost team from B2: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...57929827_n.jpg
    Last edited by Sal the Shieldhog; 2013-07-28 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    You're dead to me.

To me Garchomp is one out of five or so 4th Gen Pokémon I actually like, and it's one of my absolute favorite Pokémons. I'm not expecting them to create a Pokémon I like as much again honestly, that mostly has to do with how much I love my land shark, but also that I have a hard time liking many of the concepts that they come up with these days. There's not really a single Pokémon in 6th Gen where I've really went "Wow, that's awesome!" and there only were 3 Pokémon that made me feel like that in 5th Gen, Hydreigon, Gigalith and Zekrom, and even them I don't rank anywhere near Garchomp. That's not to say that 6th Gen is shaping up to be bad or anything, it's shaping up decently, but it's probably gonna end up like 5th Gen for me, which was cool and all, but nothing exceptional.
    different tastes i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont get the vannilux hate, sure its not the best design in the world but its not that bad either. its a cute little ice cream cone whats bad about a pokemon based off icecream?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    And there's a Scizor (and Tyranitar) on your ground team because...?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadev View Post
    And there's a Scizor (and Tyranitar) on your ground team because...?
    Most of my favorite Pokemon are either Ground/Steel (Groudon, Steelix, Tyranitar) or Psychic/Dark/Ghost (Darkrai, Giratina, Alakazam, etc) types,
    Ground/Steel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ground/Steel.
    That still doesn't answer Tyranitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    He's also a Dark type, his pre-evolutions are also Ground type (which is replaced with his Dark typing upon evolving), and his movepool contains many Ground type moves (Not to mention his's Ability, Sand Stream (which also used to be only his, until Gen 4)). He's a powerful addition to the team, especially since all of them cannot be hurt by it, and Garchomp's evasion stat is increased while the Sandstorm is happening (I do not have the ability to get Garchomp's Hidden Ability).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    A ground, steel or rock team without Tyranitar isn't a real team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    A ground, steel or rock team without Tyranitar isn't a real team.
    He can use Tyranitar. But then he can't call it a ground/steel team. He can use Hippowdon for Sandstorm.

Why is everyone jumping on that fact? It's a Ground/Steel team, and Tyranitar fits that thematically (if not with his abilities and moves). I said Ground/Steel types were some of my favorites and showed everyone my favorite team because it's my first time in this thread. So why all the hate?

I don't like Hippodon anyways, he stole Tyranitar's ability =/

Deleted
    Why is everyone jumping on that fact? It's a Ground/Steel team, and Tyranitar fits that thematically (if not with his abilities and moves). I said Ground/Steel types were some of my favorites and showed everyone my favorite team because it's my first time in this thread. So why all the hate?
    I'm not hating all I'm saying is that it's not a Ground/Steel team if you ghave a Pokemon in there that is neither.

Deleted
    If the naming is such a big deal, remove the Groudon (because legendary, ewww) and call it a sandstorm team!

Someone make me a team that supports butterfree and choice scarf azumaril

gogogogo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Someone make me a team that supports butterfree

Impossible task.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Impossible task.
    Don't lie, whenever you face a butterfree you leave

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Someone make me a team that supports butterfree and choice scarf azumaril

This team fits the general theme of the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, holz, I laughed way too hard at that! ^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    This team fits the general theme of the two.
    I was actually curious of a moveset for Magikarp. So I went to Smogon and was greeted by a very nice guide.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/magikarp

Well worth a read.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1