Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    3) These better be fake.
    It's from Coro Coro, they're the ones who officially announce everything about the game. It's 100% official.

THIS IS CRAZY THIS IS CRAZY.

Found translations. Pick some alcohol up cause you are gonna need it.

Mega Mawile is Steel/Fairy. Its ability is Huge Power (+50% Atk).
    Mega Blaziken has no changes thus far from what we understand.
    Mega Lucario has Adaptability as its ability (STAB modifier becomes x2 from x1.5).
    Mega Absol has Magic Bounce.
    Mega Mewtwo: no additional details.
    Mega Ampharos: Electric/Dragon (yes, you read that right), and, HOLD ON, Mold Breaker!

The process is called "Mega Evolution", a Gym Leader "has the key in understanding how to mega evolve".

3 more new pokemon. Pre-evolution of gogoat (no surprise, just smaller), a rabbit and a cute rat.
    Last edited by Well; 2013-08-08 at 06:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    MARVELOUS EVOLUTION
    Why do i for some reason want this?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    I really hope it's just a temporary power-up thing, I'm not sure but I've heard some people say that's how Mewtwo treated it in the new movie. If they're just fleshed out new evolutions it's kind of a bummer though, I still want a reason to use the original Blaziken and Mewtwo.
    it hasnt been fully clarified whether its permanent or not. it mght not be permanent for mewtwo since hes a legendary but we know torchik uses an item called blaziken knight and a mega stone to evolve into mega blaziken.

- - - Updated - - -

good thing is theyve gotten alt better at worldwide news releases so it shouldnt be long before an english translation of all the news is officially revealed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    THIS IS CRAZY THIS IS CRAZY.

Found translations. Pick some alcohol up cause you are gonna need it.

Mega Mawile is Steel/Fairy. Its ability is Huge Power (+50% Atk).
    Mega Blaziken has no changes thus far from what we understand.
    Mega Lucario has Adaptability as its ability (STAB modifier becomes x2 from x1.5).
    Mega Absol has Magic Bounce.
    Mega Mewtwo: no additional details.
    Mega Ampharos: Electric/Dragon (yes, you read that right), and, HOLD ON, Mold Breaker!

The process is called "Mega Evolution", a Gym Leader "has the key in understanding how to mega evolve".

3 more new pokemon. Pre-evolution of gogoat (no surprise, just smaller), a rabbit and a cute rat.
    the rat is most likely the pikachu/pichu clone of this generation so its probably electric type. also i hope they all get new types
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

it hasnt been fully clarified whether its permanent or not. it mght not be permanent for mewtwo since hes a legendary but we know torchik uses an item called blaziken knight and a mega stone to evolve into mega blaziken.

- - - Updated - - -

good thing is theyve gotten alt better at worldwide news releases so it shouldnt be long before an english translation of all the news is officially revealed
    Yeah, just waiting for the english announcement, can't take long, and I really appreciate how fast they've become spreading the news, let alone releasing the game worldwide on the same date.

Either way, this thing is just becoming more and more Digimon by the hour. I'm not really feeling bad about the current ones, sure I don't like the Mewtwo one, but the Ampharos looks pretty cool, and I like what they're doing with them stat-wise. It's just the thought of it affecting my favorite Pokémons like Nidoking, Starmie, Garchomp, Sceptile and Venusaur, I still want a reason to use them instead of using the Mega Evolutions. And I like that they're giving Ampharos, Absol and Mawile some well deserved buffs, but Blaziken REALLY didn't need it.

Deleted
    From what I've seen so far I assume that those new branched evolutions turn most (all?) of those into a Fairy type as second type.
    They all seem to have the ribbony / flowy mane thing going on, just like the Gym Leader that's associated with Mega Evolutions.
    Blaziken Fire / Fairy
    Lucario Fight / Fairy
    Absol Dark / Fairy
    Mawile Steel / Fairy (Confirmed)
    Metwto Psychic / Fairy
    Ampharos Electric / [Edit: Dragon, apparently]

But just my guess.
    Also keep in mind that fairy doesn't mean it has to look cute or like the offspring of Legolas and Tinkerbell, Xerneas looks pretty intimidating and awesome without having rainbows coming out of his behind.
    Last edited by mmocf89e9482f3; 2013-08-08 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That rat looks like baby Raichu. When I first saw it I was like ".... if this is Raichu's megaderplution I'm gonna be SO MAD."
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    That rat looks like baby Raichu. When I first saw it I was like ".... if this is Raichu's megaderplution I'm gonna be SO MAD."
    They went with a Raichu knock-off for this generation instead of Pikachu, I don't see a problem with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

the rat is most likely the pikachu/pichu clone of this generation so its probably electric type. also i hope they all get new types
    Its electric/fairy. Also the mega evolution is a in battle thing only. Its now a chocs of mega elevation or a hold item. So yes it is temporarily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    They went with a Raichu knock-off for this generation instead of Pikachu, I don't see a problem with that.
    I think he looks a little too similar, though. Like, really, it looks JUST like him. Same color palette and everything. Before any translations were up, my thoughts were "Mega evolution? No way. Maybe it's like a little item you can put in a Pokebase if they bring them back? Or like... are they making a baby Raichu to compliment Pichu? How would that even work? Maybe it's a Pokedoll."

And then I took a moment and realized he was being showcased with 2 new Pokemon that actually were new, instead of given new hair in the case of the Mega evolutions. So I was just like "Ugh, the new Pikachu is just a Raichu. Dumb."

I was hoping they'd leave that adorable little lizard as the "new" Pikachu of this gen and knock it off with the mice.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Its electric/fairy. Also the mega evolution is a in battle thing only. Its now a chocs of mega elevation or a hold item. So yes it is temporarily.
    Where'd you get that from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Source?

Is that up on serebii or summat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Where'd you get that from?
    Oh hi Seelen, long time now see how are you? Also I got it form Bulbapieda FB page.

Deleted
    I think he looks a little too similar, though. Like, really, it looks JUST like him. Same color palette and everything. Before any translations were up, my thoughts were "Mega evolution? No way. Maybe it's like a little item you can put in a Pokebase if they bring them back? Or like... are they making a baby Raichu to compliment Pichu? How would that even work? Maybe it's a Pokedoll."

And then I took a moment and realized he was being showcased with 2 new Pokemon that actually were new, instead of given new hair in the case of the Mega evolutions. So I was just like "Ugh, the new Pikachu is just a Raichu. Dumb."

I was hoping they'd leave that adorable little lizard as the "new" Pikachu of this gen and knock it off with the mice.
    The mice thing is going to be continued just like the critter thing, the bird thing and the insect thing that every generation had so far.
    If it ain't broken don't fix it, as they say.
    But Dedenne looks just as much Raichu as Emolga looks Pikachu.
    It's obvious and honestly I'm happy they go with Raichu instead of Pikachu because I have enough of that little bugger.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh hi Seelen, long time now see how are you? Also I got it form Bulbapieda FB page.
    Don't trust FB, unless it's 100% their site and not a fansite.
    Plus I'd rather have confirmation from Serebii.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mice thing is going to be continued just like the critter thing, the bird thing and the insect thing that every generation had so far.
    If it ain't broken don't fix it, as they say.
    But Dedenne looks just as much Raichu as Emolga looks Pikachu.
    It's obvious and honestly I'm happy they go with Raichu instead of Pikachu because I have enough of that little bugger.
    True enough.

I do enjoy my low level birds every gen, though. <3 Flying types. And this gen he's Flying/Fire! Two of my favorites! :3

Deleted
    True enough.

I do enjoy my low level birds every gen, though. <3 Flying types. And this gen he's Flying/Fire! Two of my favorites! :3
    I expected to go for a Fire team this gen but MegaAbsol has so much want.
    If they do a MegaArcanine that's as badass as MegaAbsol I'll never stop fangasming.

Also the REAL important question:
    Is it
    a) Just Blaziken
    b) All Hoenn starters
    c) all starters
    that get a Mega Evolution?

Because if it's c) SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, I WANT MEGACHARIZARD

Deleted
    I really hope it's just a temporary power-up thing, I'm not sure but I've heard some people say that's how Mewtwo treated it in the new movie. If they're just fleshed out new evolutions it's kind of a bummer though, I still want a reason to use the original Blaziken and Mewtwo.
    Already confirmed that it's temporary only.

Did they just go Digimon on our asses? Burst Mode much.
    Burst Mode is from Season 4 though, so it doesn't exist! (Totally not hypocritical )

But seriously, I have no idea what to think of this. Is it only ofr certain pokemon? Or for all? Because that would probably give a completely new spin on battles.

Source?

Is that up on serebii or summat?
    brand new feature of the Pokémon X & Y games are Mega Evolutions. These are special features of Pokémon, different to evolutions and forms, that have your Pokémon Mega Evolve in battle into these appearances. Their abilities, stats and sometimes even types are different. The true method is not yet known, but Mega Stones have been mentioned.

this is on the serebii page for mega evolutions but the news page says they still dont know what caused it so it might just be flavor text. id wait for more updates before we jump to conclusions
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    brand new feature of the Pokémon X & Y games are Mega Evolutions. These are special features of Pokémon, different to evolutions and forms, that have your Pokémon Mega Evolve in battle into these appearances. Their abilities, stats and sometimes even types are different. The true method is not yet known, but Mega Stones have been mentioned.

this is on the serebii page for mega evolutions but the news page says they still dont know what caused it so it might just be flavor text. id wait for more updates before we jump to conclusions
    Well spank my ass and call me Suzie.
    It's on Serebii alright.
    This'll be VERY interesting for battles.
    Also time to start breeding a shiny Absol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: I derped!