Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Holy shit! Best Mega pokemon!
    During the VGC Opening Ceremony, Junichi Masuda revealed a new Mega Pokémon, Mega Kangaskhan. It has the ability Parental Bond that allows its attacks to hit twice in one turn.

Is this for real? For the mega Kangashkan? WHY NOT GIVE IT AN EVO? WHY!

With the official Japanese site update, a small note came out regarding further clarification on the Mega Evolutions. Within this site, it details that with Mega Evolutions, you can only have one Mega Evolution Pokémon in battle. It's not known whether it's talking about all of the battle, or just within your team. This is presumably to allow for a specific balance in the Pokémon. It also clarifies that the Pokémon will revert after the battle has ended, not within it itself when the battle finishes. We're still not 100% on the specifics of this new process, but we'll keep you updated as more information comes
    Well shit, I wanted both mega mawhile and mega absol on my team.

I wonder how you will access Kangaskhan's Mega Evo. Would be kind of silly if it required a stone to get the little guy out of the belly pouch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was about to mention + post a picture of Mega Kangaskhan, but honestly, when I saw it on serebii, I kinda facepalmed, why not make it evolve, normally, not mega evolve o.O
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    I wonder how you will access Kangaskhan's Mega Evo. Would be kind of silly if it required a stone to get the little guy out of the belly pouch.
    The way I understood it is that you actually use the stone on the little guy. So the little guy can defend himself, alloowing Kangashkan to fight more recklessly.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Was about to mention + post a picture of Mega Kangaskhan, but honestly, when I saw it on serebii, I kinda facepalmed, why not make it evolve, normally, not mega evolve o.O
    Because then kangaskhan will gain evolite which would make it too strong. It would need to go into OUOU. That is overused for the overused pokemon.

And mega evo is an evolution as they gain power, it's just highly restricted.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-08-11 at 01:16 AM.

Megaskan? Well, that ability has the potential to be OP as shit. o.o;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Megaskan? Well, that ability has the potential to be OP as shit. o.o;
    Your attacks hit twice. Two earthquakes. In a row. It's not even potential to be OP, it's basically an I.W.I.N. button and one that works.

From what we are gathering, I highly doubt that any mega evolution will be OU. Everything will be in Ubers. Attacking twice in a turn? What will live that?

Maybe the extra one only does like half the damage of the first one or something? There has to be a catch somewhere here.

If not, Megaskan all day, every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its a baby, theres no conceivable way itll do the same damage as Kangaskan. It'll be a small %.

Well, I thought the same to be honest, but what about mega lucario etc? Their stats will be monstrous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that thinks absol went full emo on us with it's mega-evolution...

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Its a baby, theres no conceivable way itll do the same damage as Kangaskan. It'll be a small %.
    They showed a video of it at some convention.

It was the same damage. It one shot the fighting pokemon that uses cinderblocks (forgot his name) with a double hitting mega punch :/

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They showed a video of it at some convention.

It was the same damage. It one shot the fighting pokemon that uses cinderblocks (forgot his name) with a double hitting mega punch :/
    Ugh, wow. If they don't nerf the damage, everyone will be using Megaskhan. There's nothing it can't do, seriously. It's got decent typing, a good movepool, best ability in the game. Seriously. Wow.
    Kangaskan is already good in the NU/RU tiers with it's Scrappy ability.
    However, I think this particular mega evo is going to be banned in tournaments. It's almost too perfect now.
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-08-11 at 03:39 PM.

Dear lord, smogon will run amoc with banning everything

Am I the only one hoping for Mega Feraligatr or Empoleon >.>

Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    Am I the only one hoping for Mega Feraligatr or Empoleon >.>
    Personally, I'm hoping for a mega Samurott. I would really like to have it viable for higher tiers. Plus, Samurott looks awesome.

Mega farfetched

Would be interesting.