Thread: Pokémon!

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Mega stone naming conventions will follow the "-nite" pattern developing so far in Blazikenite, Lucarionite and Mewtwonite X/Y.

Charizardnite?

Dragonitenite?

Deleted
    Main site updated with new stuff again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rating Battle Etiquette
    After receiving many requests from players who enjoyed battling online with Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, and Pokémon White Version 2, we have responded by ruling that any Trainer who disconnects from the server in the middle of battle, regardless of reason or circumstance, will have the battle recorded as a loss, and accordingly experience a drop in rating. When you are battling online, please be sure that you have a reliable Internet connection, and play fairly and with consideration for your fellow Trainers!

Looks like everyone assuming Fennekin's evo "Braixen" being a witch might be right. She uses the stick in her tail as a wand.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I wonder if Mega stone naming conventions will follow the "-nite" pattern developing so far in Blazikenite, Lucarionite and Mewtwonite X/Y.

Charizardnite?

Dragonitenite?
    Just like digimon?

agumon
    birdramon
    palmon
    patamon

Sorry I couldn't resist but it's so lol cause of the similarities

Deleted

Charizardnite?

Dragonitenite?
    Most likely, they're stones and almost all rocks have "-nite" or "-ite" ending in their names.

I'm glad that pic is fake, every fully evolved should get a Mevo. How they could seriously argue Garchomp and Mewtwo need another stage of power and NOT give one to Pidgeot and Beedrill is beyond me.

Female Pyroar looks awesome.

I still remember battling friends in the red and blue days. When that stupid link cable actually worked, most battles involved people switching out endlessly for a type/speed/power advantage until one person eventually gave in and tried to attack anyway.
    Yeap, that's exactly the point. It would come down to boredom or a crit.

Except for mega-evos I really like everything else I see. I suddenly like Mewtwo X too now, LOL!
    Last edited by Well; 2013-09-13 at 02:41 PM.

I can't believe they're giving a hidden ability torchic for the event when it begins! I've been EV training my OU team. EV training is totally a lot easier than I once thought. I can't wait, though, for the 3DS pokemon!

The latest thing I did in black 2 was get my ticket so I can go to the nature preserve and catch the shiny haxorus. I'm planning on saving right before it and making sure it has the ability and nature I want.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    I'm glad that pic is fake, every fully evolved should get a Mevo. How they could seriously argue Garchomp and Mewtwo need another stage of power and NOT give one to Pidgeot and Beedrill is beyond me.

I'm definitely getting a female Pyroar. The male looks like a circus act.
    And Furfrou. <3 It's a poodle pokemon! If it's any good, I'm definitely having one on my team, but I'd feel bad making it look rediculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mega Dunsparce and Mega Shuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    So it seems fairy has a weakness to Poison and Steel, but is good against Fighting, Dark, and Dragon.
    It's also weak against fire types (while fire does neutral damage to it.). And Bug, Fighting, and Dark types aren't effective against it.
    We've known this for awhile, but it's immune to Dragon. I'll probably have a Fairy type for competitive.
    Probably Xerneas, since it's the only Fairy legendary we know of/

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post

They did say they'd like to see how every Pokémon looks with Mega Evolutions. However, only the fan favorites will get it here at first most likely, but they can easily make new Mega Evos throughout the generation just like they gave forms to Giratina, Shaymin, Kyurem etc in the middle of generations.

I don't really care if fairy moves only do half damage to fire.

What I care about is why. Not because of balance I meant story wise WHY. Why is it super effective against dragon, dark and fighting and does half damage to fire? I want a backstory or something.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

What I care about is why. Not because of balance I meant story wise WHY. Why is it super effective against dragon, dark and fighting and does half damage to fire? I want a backstory or something.
    Fairies have flammable wings?

eh...um magic? I have no idea either.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Fairies are nature-ey, fire destroys nature.

Mega-Garchomp loses some Speed to gain big amounts of Atk & Sp.Atk.

It seems like the concept of Mega-Evolutions was forced upon them as a mean to keep Dream World abilities. On another note, I am really wondering the way we are going to obtain each and every Mega Stone exclusive for every type of Pokemon. This can only be 2 ways I believe: it will either be an extremely long grind, or a breeze; essentially freebies.
    Last edited by Well; 2013-09-13 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Secondly what is the logic fairy is super effective against fighting and not effective to fire?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Mega-Garchomp loses some Speed to gain big amounts of Atk & Sp.Atk.
    That's terrible. The Attack buff is great, but Sp. Attack is just useless for Garchomp. Losing his Speed is the big nerf though, since that's essentially what made him better than the other Pseudo-Legendaries. If it wasn't for his new ability it wouldn't have been more than a stat switch.