Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Btw, it seems that not only is Zygarde and Mewtwo obtainable post-game, but the Kanto birds will also begin roaming Kalos much in same fashion as in Platinum. That makes all Kanto legendaries except for Mew obtainable.
    Well

That we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Well

That we know so far
    I doubt it'll be in-game as such (maybe we can get it with a glitch again ), but color me surprised if it isn't distributed as an event Pokémon at some point. This generation seems to really love cattering towards the Kanto fans, and I can't say I'm displeased.

also now that we cant hack them and find them early maybe they will go back to having events that actually do stuff in the game like the never released azure flute event for arceus and shaymin event, and celebi event, the mew event from ruby and saphire ect ect
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    also now that we cant hack them and find them early maybe they will go back to having events that actually do stuff in the game like the never released azure flute event for arceus and shaymin event, and celebi event, the mew event from ruby and saphire ect ect
    Given the fact that 3DS games can receive downloadable content and can be patched they could always release such events along with distributions, so they wouldn't even have to initially be in the game. Though iirc Masuda didn't really seem to be in favor of DLC (or it was just paid DLC, can't remember,) which is a bit sad, considering it's only a matter of time until the 3DS is cracked open for real and people will retrieve the data in streams, ruining the surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Given the fact that 3DS games can receive downloadable content and can be patched they could always release such events along with distributions, so they wouldn't even have to initially be in the game. Though iirc Masuda didn't really seem to be in favor of DLC (or it was just paid DLC, can't remember,) which is a bit sad, considering it's only a matter of time until the 3DS is cracked open for real and people will retrieve the data in streams, ruining the surprises.
    im hoping since the games can be patched that maybe any forms/mega evos can be patched into the games after new games come out (still need to trade the item over though)
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Mega Evos leave room for literally thousands of new Pokemon Megas for events, assuming they all get an X & Y form. Trading over the Internet with Pokemon Global could become a massive thing if Game Freak release megas, never to be released ever again.

If what Immitis says about the 3DS being unhackable is true, imagine NEVER being able to get an event mega without trading your soul to a kid over Pokemon global.

3DS is hackable to a certain degree atm

Im still hoping for a new celebi event. I managed to snag a Jirachi and a Mew from the GTS. The guy wasn't expecting there to be a real level 1 Giratina who put up the mew.

Speaking of, is there a way to tell if a pokemon is legit? I got a few other pokemon from the GTS that are shiny that I want to check on.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can usually tell by the ball they're in or the location in which they were "caught."

Shinies are almost always fake. The only legit shinies I've ever found are ones Ive caught myself. :/

I don't know any other methods to check, since I've never hacked any Pokemon in and don't really know the mechanics of it. The most effective way to see would most likely be "can I, or can I not, upload it to PokeBank?" xD
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

It's currently unknown how many (if any) non gen-6 pokemon are version exclusives.

Damn near every non-event/legendary/starter can be caught in the wild in this game.

Game Freak wasn't joking when they said you could literally catch-em-all this time.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    3DS is hackable to a certain degree atm
    not really. theres no homebrew, nobody knows how to datamine the roms yet, nobody knows how to emulate it yet.

none of the hacked sd cards work on 3ds only dsi.

one hacker released an image of the 3ds with the touch screen edited but never followed up with anything after that and the image was likely photoshopped.

Does anybody know if i can buy one of the new Pokemon games in the Nintendo eShop on the 3DS?

I HOPE SO

Quote Originally Posted by Roquila View Post
    Does anybody know if i can buy one of the new Pokemon games in the Nintendo eShop on the 3DS?

I HOPE SO
    Yes, midnight release.

I HOPE SO
    yes. you can buy them on the eshop as soon as midnight i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Yes, midnight release.
    Thank you sir, you just made my night <3.

Thank you sir, you just made my night <3.
    But.. Then you're missing out on the lovely box for X/Y. :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope someone does eventually find a hack for the 3DS and X/Y and shows that all event Pokemon are in the game already. If someone wants to ruin the surprise and willingly goes to look up that stuff then fine, let them, but I despise the idea of never being able to go back and obtain all the mons in a game because some of them were released only as DLC from special event that took place years ago.

Then again I am not really a fan of the special events to begin with that you can only go back and access through cheat devices. I never liked the idea of having these events/mons you could only get by connecting to Wi-Fi or going to some event or having a special eReader card or sending your cartridge to Nintendo for. To me, special events and characters should be stuff always able to be triggered in the game by some action, like finding a rare, special item that only has a 1/1000 chance of being held by a wild Pokemon you could catch and would trigger some event chain, or having events open up if you fill up a certain percentage of the Pokedex or by capturing a certain trio of legendary mons.

Anyway, beside that rant, I am guessing no, but has it been shown if there is some kind of official "hard" mode setting for the game? My only reason for thinking it could be a possibility is the fact they added the Hero mode setting into Wind Waker HD (though Skyward Sword had somewhat same thing). Just made me think that maybe Nintendo was going to start adding more features like that to their games for the more long-term/veteran fans of their series.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-10-06 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    not really. theres no homebrew, nobody knows how to datamine the roms yet, nobody knows how to emulate it yet.

none of the hacked sd cards work on 3ds only dsi.

one hacker released an image of the 3ds with the touch screen edited but never followed up with anything after that and the image was likely photoshopped.
    if you are really sure with that then I won't discuss it any further ;-)

I HOPE SO

Yep, they're on there right now but you can't purchase them until the tenth.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

A leaker FINALLY got a sylveon.

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1381098931192.jpg

Confirmed evolution technique: You have to play with / feed it using poke-amie to raise it's affection to 5 hearts (max), which is different from friendship, then level it.