Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    I think you're a little too upset over a game save.

It's happened to me, yeah it was a little disappointing, but I wasn't mad at them about it.

It's just a game dude.
    not true at all. ive completed the pokedex, i have over a thousand hours worth of playtime throughout all my game saves.

if someone deleted my save file, somebodys getting stabbed :P

- - - Updated - - -

also a druddgidon stone was found.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Never seen a shinny myself, else tough I done quit abit off grass grinding, but guess the chance is still way to little.

Shinny pokemons truely are rare. I read people with the shinny luck increasing item still make like 1.5k egg's and no shinny.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Never seen a shinny myself, else tough I done quit abit off grass grinding, but guess the chance is still way to little.

Shinny pokemons truely are rare. I read people with the shinny luck increasing item still make like 1.5k egg's and no shinny.
    You can use the Masuda method. Trade a foreign language pokemon and breed it with one of your own (I don't think Ditto's count though) and the chance for a shiny will increase dramatically. ^^

Having it hold an Everstone cancels the effect though, so if you want a specific nature, you're out of luck there.

I've had 2 shinies using that method, others aside from that as well, but that's just because I got lucky really.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    You can use the Masuda method. Trade a foreign language pokemon and breed it with one of your own (I don't think Ditto's count though) and the chance for a shiny will increase dramatically. ^^

Having it hold an Everstone cancels the effect though, so if you want a specific nature, you're out of luck there.

I've had 2 shinies using that method, others aside from that as well, but that's just because I got lucky really.
    In Gen V, everstone doesn't affect the Masuda method. Dittos count too. I've gotten a few shinys this way, but my luck it's never the right nature or ability. Looking at you shiny Sassy Scyther... Forcing me to make a TR team.

Quote Originally Posted by UnkLegacy View Post
    In Gen V, everstone doesn't affect the Masuda method. Dittos count too. I've gotten a few shinys this way, but my luck it's never the right nature or ability. Looking at you shiny Sassy Scyther... Forcing me to make a TR team.
    It isn't the exact same for B/W and B/W2 so I was unsure what to say about Ditto/Everstone.

I've had a shiny Solosis, and it only had Overcoat and Quiet nature. The Quiet nature's ok I guess, unsure if it helps Trick Room or not though, I gifted it away to a friend, so didn't test it. The other Shiny I got from breeding was an Axew. Modest nature and really crappy stats. Q_Q

The rest of my shinies have been wild pokemon oddly enough. Female Nidoran in Crystal, Sandshrew in Sapphire, a Rayquaza that made me shit my pants to catch it (decent stats and modest nature, so yai it was usable) in Heartgold.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2013-10-08 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only two shinies I've caught were a Shiny Hoothoot and a Shiny Dunsparce... A. Shiny. Dunsparce. And of course a Shiny Suicune from the Nintendo event a year ago or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    The only two shinies I've caught were a Shiny Hoothoot and a Shiny Dunsparce... A. Shiny. Dunsparce. And of course a Shiny Suicune from the Nintendo event a year ago or so.
    But a shiny Dunsparce is so cool! D: You can use the ParaStun set with ..~~style~~..!!

Deleted
    I've encountered shiny ditto, sandshrew, voltorb and dratini. The only one I wasn't able to catch was dratini because it appeared in Safari

they should make it so if you have a shiny pokemon it becomes like 50% chance to have a shiny hatch if you breed it.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Met a Shiny Abra once... Yeah you can all guess what happened next.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Met a Shiny Abra once... Yeah you can all guess what happened next.
    You threw a master ball and it failed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    You threw a master ball and it failed?
    This is exactly why I never use my masterball, not even on legendaries.
    Just in case.

True story, I've never thrown a masterball.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    True story, my first masterball was used on a slowpoke.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    This is exactly why I never use my masterball, not even on legendaries.
    Just in case.

True story, I've never thrown a masterball.
    Me either. I haven't used any since R&B with Missing No. glitch. Just too worried I'll waste it.

It's the same with WoW. I'm a terrible tank because I never use cooldowns because I might need them later.

Quote Originally Posted by UnkLegacy View Post
    Me either. I haven't used any since R&B with Missing No. glitch. Just too worried I'll waste it.

It's the same with WoW. I'm a terrible tank because I never use cooldowns because I might need them later.
    In Yellow I thought you could encounter mew randomly, and that the Masterball was your only hope of catching him. So I caught Mewtwo and the birds the hard way.

i once used a masterball on a wobbufett on silver because my friend lied to me and told me if you release a pokemon you get the ball back

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i once used a masterball on a wobbufett on silver because my friend lied to me and told me if you release a pokemon you get the ball back
    and you never spoke to him again, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    and you never spoke to him again, right?
    nah at this point ruby and saphire had come out. for some reason me and my friends still mostly played gen 2 back when gen 3 was out for like half of that gen

Same problem here. I never use my master ball since there is really no pokemon legendary or not rare enough to justify it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forget, in Gen 1 when you went into the safari zone; you used safari balls right?

- - - Updated - - -

I will forever save my master ball for the obnoxious obligatory Geodude that pretty much always shows up on the route south of Blackthorn City. Dem Self-Destructs.

Disclaimer: Some descriptions of Shiny Geodude rarity may be exaggerated. I've seen 2 Shiny Geodudes on that route between SS and HG.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.