Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    Planning to Breed an Adamant Tyrunt with Outrage to wondertrade/give away here, this morning i caught a Ditto for the purpose of planning, apparently it has 31 IV in Attack and Speed and 25 IV in both Def and sDef. Now to get those IV's on a ''prime subject''

Actually, i might use it for a Trick Room/Sandstorm team, since Tyrantrum is Rock/Dragon anyway.
    Oh, I don't have such luxury. Had to take any possible Japanese ditto I could get my hands on. Well, at least I already have seen effects.
    Is Aggron part of your Trick Room team?

Edit: Managed to breed a female copy of my prime Aron. Will trade now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Oh, I don't have such luxury. Had to take any possible Japanese ditto I could get my hands on. Well, at least I already have seen effects.
    Is Aggron part of your Trick Room team?

Edit: Managed to breed a female copy of my prime Aron. Will trade now.
    It's still in the planning. Like i mentioned a few pages back, been out of the running for a while, and a trick room team is something i haven't tried yet. If Trick Room isn't used, probably a Sandstorm team.
    Also, all these rereading breeding mechanics is a bit overwhelming for me, so i have to start somewhere i reckon.

Nice, caught a protean rash Frogadier. Saves me a ton of time breeding it

Thanks Mega Gengar/Naren XD
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2013-10-19 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, apparently people in Japan classify as Passerby's?

o.O I guess it's only a hop, skip, and a jet away.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Umm. What happens if I breed my shiny Aron with Japanese ditto? Shinies all over the place?
    In generation II, when you bred with a shiny, the offspring had a 1/50 (maybe even more, don't remember exactly) to be shiny as well. I actually had most of the 251 Pokémon as shiny since I got my hands on a shiny Ditto. Gen III changed this so it no longer works. Since then, shinies are in my opinion a lot more exciting and awesome ;-)

Deleted
    Don't ever make my heart jump again, Tahuun
    ''Is that idiot really trading me a Shiny Aron?'' D:

I need more Dittos and i need them now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Awwwww. I just got.... whatever that snail in the shell that turns into Escavalier is, in a Wonder Trade.

I thought it would evolve, but apparently not. D:
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I traded a spritzee on the GTS for a bulbasaur

gonna list one for a squirtle next lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Awwwww. I just got.... whatever that snail in the shell that turns into Escavalier is, in a Wonder Trade.

I thought it would evolve, but apparently not. D:
    You have to trade it with a certain pokemon
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Anyone got a bulletproof chespin to trade? Ive been breeding for a perfect clauncher all day and I got several that have 31 IVs in Hp, Satt, Sdef and Speed. They all all modest natured too.

091 - 8286 - 2221 Aman Add me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Anyone got a bulletproof chespin to trade? Ive been breeding for a perfect clauncher all day and I got several that have 31 IVs in Hp, Satt, Sdef and Speed. They all all modest natured too.
    If it helps, my Friend Safari has Quilladin.

If it helps, my Friend Safari has Quilladin.
    OMG THAT WOULD BE PERFECT. Can you add my friend code?
    Mine is
    1091 - 8286 - 2221 Aman

Edit: I forgot the 1 in front of my friend code. Edited it.

Deleted
    Don't ever make my heart jump again, Tahuun
    ''Is that idiot really trading me a Shiny Aron?'' D:

I need more Dittos and i need them now!
    One can dream.
    Shiny Aron will serve my counter-trolling campaign against all these Japanese Yveltal/Xerneas spammers. :P
    Also, you don't need just dittos. You need JPN dittos!

Deleted
    Okay, so what if i want to breed a perfect IV'd Pokémon, what Pok''es/items do i need foremostly? I am pretty much clueless lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    OMG THAT WOULD BE PERFECT. Can you add my friend code?
    Mine is
    1091 - 8286 - 2221 Aman

Edit: I forgot the 1 in front of my friend code. Edited it.
    Mine is in my sig. :-)

Deleted
    Everstone for passing nature and IVs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destiny Knot passes IVs

Deleted
    I thought Everstone was only for Natures?
    Farming BP's for Power items now. I need more ''good IV'' Dittos Perhaps even buy a Notepad to write down breeding chains and keep track of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Destiny Knot passes IVs
    My bad. Mixed Everstone with Destiny Knot for IV passing.

Deleted
    Destiny Knot passes IVs
    I'm happy enough if i can a single pokémon with my desired stats..two would be lovely Since the odds of a Pokémon inheriting perfect IV's without any of them overriding eachother are still a little small, right?

Okay, so what if i want to breed a perfect IV'd Pokémon, what Pok''es/items do i need foremostly? I am pretty much clueless lol
    Ive been breeding pokemon for several gens now. If you are smart, you can have a perfectly natured, 4 IVed pokemon within the day.

Lets say you want as perfect of an honedge as you can get, from your avatar.
    Get a talonflame or Volcanora with flame body ability and teach it fly <--- This is your only pokemon to carry around when breeding. You need fly to quickly switch between the IV judge and the day care. Flame body makes your eggs hatch twice as fast.

0) If you have a ditto with the nature you want, you can start here and it saves you time on step 1. If you have an adamant ditto, you can put an everstone on it and its nature will be passed down 100%, you can breed it with a honedge. Do this until you have a female honedge with the nature you want.

1) First find a female honedge, find any egg moves you would like and find the male pokemon in honedge's egg group. Breed the 2 until you get a female honedge and a male honedge with the moves and the nature you want. If you do not need egg moves, skip this step.

2) With the advent of gen 6, friend safari has pokemon that have 2 perfectly IVed pokemon every time. THIS MAKES IT MASSIVELY EASIER THAN OTHER GENS. Honedge does not show up there, to my knowledge, but you can circumvent it by catching a pokemon in its egg group and breeding it with it.

When you breed 2 pokemon. Theres a total of 12 stats to be passed down, 6 from the mother and 6 from the father. Only 3 stats, or 25% of the Ivs from both parents get passed down. You can offset this by having a "power item, such as power weight or anklet. If held by any parent, just one not both or it wont work, it will 100% pass down that parent's particular IV.

So catch a male pokemon compatible with honedge in the friend safari. For honedge, I would assume you want something like 31 Ivs in 31 and HP or something along those lines, so catch a pokemon in the mineral egg group that is male with 31 IVs in Att and Hp, it will take like 10 or so captures. Check the IVs of each one in the town you unlock post game. In the pokemon center there is a guy in purple that tells you which IVs are perfect, go to him and find which of your male pokemon have the desired IVs.

3) Once you have your male pokemon with IVs, attach a power item corresponding to the IV you want to pass down. For attack its the power bracer I think. Make the pokemon + your female honedge from step 1 breed. Attach the everstone to the female honedge to pass down the nature you want, power item on your friend safari pokemon to make it easier to pass down its IVs.

Make the 2 breed until you have a female honedge, with the nature you want + the 2 perfect IVs from the friend safari pokemon. This should take at most, 10 eggs because you only need 1 IV passed down (the other is guaranteed cause of power item.)

4) Remember the male honedge with the needed egg moves and nature you bred in the first step? Yeah, bring him out, and move the everstone from the female in step 3 to the male honedge. Natures can be passed down from any parent, just need an everstone. Attach the cooresponding power item on the female to get the nature you want passed down 100%, so you have less natures to RNG for. Now comes the RNG part.

Make the two breed, breed like no tomorrow. You have a 100% chance to get a perfectly natured honedge with perfect Attack every time, but you still need HP, Def, Special defense and I guess Speed. Thats 4 IVs to breed for. It may seem daunting, but in the span of 2 or so hours, you can actually attain it by doing this.

Check every single honedge you breed with the IV judge. Replace the parents in the day care when you find something with more perfect IVS. If you find a female with not only a perfect Att and HP, but defense as well, then replace the mother with this new baby, and attach the power item on it. This lowers the RNG over time because it gives a more perfect pool of IVs to for the game to choose from. Same goes for the male. Repeat until you get desired pokemon. You know you did great when the IV judge in the end says "This pokemon's potential is outstanding." That means it is pretty flawless except for 1 or so stats.

Steps 1-3: Takes About an hour if you do everything in the order I typed. Make sure to have your talonflame with flame body to half the egg time. This leads to your desired nature, with 1 perfect desired IV on your desired pokemon on both 1 male and 1 female.

Step 4: Takes longer the more perfect you want your pokemon to be.
    Total time for 3 perfect IVs: ~30 minutes after step 3. 15 eggs.
    Total time for 4 perfect IVs: ~5 hours after step 3. Around 100 or so eggs
    Total time for 5 perfect IVs: ~Estimates of 30 hours. I have never gotten it. At this point, getting it is purely based on the RNG gods. Usually most people stop when they have a stat greater than 25 in the last 5th stat, ending up with a spread of 31 Ivs in 4 stats, and 25+ in the last stat.

The beauty of step 4 is that it becomes shorter once you have the base parents. So If I bred 2 honeges with 4 perfect IVs, 1 male and 1 female, then breeding another 4 Ived one would take an hour at most (which is why I have several now after breeding for 5 perfect IVs for 2 hours) Getting 3 perfectly Ived pokemon becomes 5 minutes at most if you already have 2 3 perfectly Ived pokemon in the day care.

It may seem like alot, but its straightforward. It is just using the game's tools to reduce RNG from a 1:100000000 chance to a 1 in 20 chance.

Seems I ended up writing a full length guide on the subject lol.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2013-10-19 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    Destiny Knot passes IVs
    So does EV training items.

Also I just heard that pokemons in friend safari have 2 perfect IV's?