Thread: Pokémon!

So something that made me laugh the first day I played Pokemon X. I was in that town where someone is looking for a pokemon under 12". I was like, I TOTALLY know one, because the 3D animation was so funny. Here it is:

Turns out, he's 2'4" (.71 meters)

I looked at a luvdisc because it made me wonder how big that thing would be, then.

(well, the gif isn't on the website but here is an image: )

The luvdisc? Actually 2 feet tall. so... I am confused how that is possible!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Vivillon's pattern is dependant on your 3DS'es region settings. I'm not sure which one affects Masuda Method, 3DS region or the cartridge language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Vivillon's pattern is dependant on your 3DS'es region settings. I'm not sure which one affects Masuda Method, 3DS region or the cartridge language.
    Yeah, once I finish my Y I was going to run a series of tests.

First I was going to set region to Okinawa (for the monsoon vivi) and run the game in English and see if that changed the region tag of the pokemon.

Next, if it didn't work, I was going to change region back to my real one, and run the game in a foreign language to see if that changed it.

If THAT failed, then I was going to double up the region and language being foreign. If none of it worked, then it probably operates on the region lock of the 3DS and/or cartridge (because I dunno if cartridges are region locked, but I'm fairly sure 3DS systems are.)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Oh, is this true? I don't have anybody with a Togepi safari so I'd have to do some looking around
    My safari is with Togepi. But their IV's are terrible aside from the guaranteed ones, and I'm already a good way into breeding one. I have a 5IV one already, just lacks Sp.Defense, so working on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Yeah, once I finish my Y I was going to run a series of tests.

First I was going to set region to Okinawa (for the monsoon vivi) and run the game in English and see if that changed the region tag of the pokemon.

Next, if it didn't work, I was going to change region back to my real one, and run the game in a foreign language to see if that changed it.

If THAT failed, then I was going to double up the region and language being foreign. If none of it worked, then it probably operates on the region lock of the 3DS and/or cartridge (because I dunno if cartridges are region locked, but I'm fairly sure 3DS systems are.)
    I think the patterns atleast depend on the region you have set for your 3DS in the settings menu before you start the game. AFAIK, the whole EU is one 3DS regionlock (all 3DS'es sold here have the same lock), but there are multiple Vivillon patterns available within Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the patterns atleast depend on the region you have set for your 3DS in the settings menu before you start the game. AFAIK, the whole EU is one 3DS regionlock (all 3DS'es sold here have the same lock), but there are multiple Vivillon patterns available within Europe.
    Yes. You have to set your region before you start it. But that actually works. Like, I'm in the USA, and my system is therefore a NA locked system, but if I set my region to Okinawa I will get a monsoon scatterbug (assuming I restart the cartridge.)

So I want to test how it's determined, "it" being the foreign tag of a pokemon. By language, by region setting, or by region locking of the system. Or even region locking of the cartridges, though I don't think that cartridges are region locked.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    Speaking of Vivillons I just found my second shiny a few days ago:

Found it from a berry tree as Spewpa
    By the way I'm also currently looking for someone to help me trade evolve my Onix into Steelix

oh wow okay how did you manage that so fast? I love you for doing this x
    What did you want in return?
    You had those 5IV Eevees right? Would do nicely for a Sylveon I think. :3 Really want a shiny of those...

I have a 5 IV Bold Eevee that has Wish ready, same as my Sylveon wall, it's male, if that's a problem I'm still breeding but the female chance is pretty low so I don't know how long it'll take for me to get one

edit: It has the hidden ability as well so it's probably better suited for a hydration vaporeon
    That's ok, I can use it for both Vaporeon and Sylveon. Pixelate Sylveon for CM Sweep is neat.

Btw, want a nickname or something for the Togepi when I get a proper one hatched? Need to do some roundabout breeding now for the last IV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been breeding Eevees like mad myself as of late. Trying to get a team of them. Eventually I will pretty much be giving away high IV males. Trying to get shinies/perfect females for my team. A bunch of them are going to be dw ability as well.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Eevee (F) - Modest, Adaptability, 31\31\31\31\31\31
    bread that couple of days ago got it shiny
    <3 glaceon
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

And second 6 IV Ralts. This time a male with Telepathy.

If I only could swap his nature...

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    How many eggs you at Lahis?
    Also how do MM-breeding people go about with their non-shinies? I started putting them in boxes but still have to release hundreds of various species (and almost all boxes full). Just started release them as they hatch now once I have my final parents in daycare.
    I just release them all. I fill up a box, go to check the ivs. If I get any 5ivs keep em for trading fodder. Well, depending on the pokemon. Some pokemon are worth more. Especially popular ones, ones with good natures, and ones with egg moves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I doubt you'd be able to get a shiny unless it was one caught from chain fishing. I don't think 5 IV pokemon are worth that much. Unless you have a 5 IV foreign ditto of course which would be worth pretty much any shiny you want.
    I browse serebiis chat. Ive gotten tons of shinies for a 5iv pokemon. Mostly for 5iv naive play rough absols. One of those got me a shiny greninja. I was like :O. I do get fished shinies because I like em. But that greninja is the best shiny ive gotten by far.

I wonder if my pokemon miss me. Exam prep week comes first sadly.

While I keep breeding Togepi, Anyone with some suggestions for sweepers on a team with Klefki (entry hazards/support) and Mega Aggron as tank?

Was thinking of Talonflame with Tailwind and U-turn to help set up slower sweepers and/or scouting.

Zoroark is also on the list, along with normal Blaziken with Speed Boost, Sylveon, Aerodactyl, a little secret, Sableye shenanigans maybe, ChoiceChomp, Scolipede, Carracosta, Clawitzer, Furfrou, Greninja, Pangoro, Doublade, Carbink, Noivern, Reuniclus...Technician Breloom?
    Last edited by Halyon; 2013-12-05 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    ...Furfrou...
    Does that thing have actually any uses besides the trimming gimmick?
    Last edited by Lahis; 2013-12-05 at 10:27 AM.

Deleted
    Does that thing have actually any uses besides the trimming gimmick?
    It is a strong physical wall but I think that is its only speciality

Really? It does have some strong +def and -atk moves, but it base stats look terrible for a wall. And it's only recovery is Rest.

Deleted
    Really? It does have some strong +def and -atk moves, but it base stats look terrible for a wall. And it's only recovery is Rest.
    Yep, but it has Fur Coat ability which reduces all physical damage by 50%

Oh right, forgot the ability.
    So effectively it has 120 defence, I can see that working.