original 151 and the 100 added after that or get the fuck out
    Gen 5 > Gen 1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Gen 5 > Gen 1
    dear god there is a 5th 1!

Deleted
    Where's the mushroom love? :d

Imo they both awesome, especially when there's underrated but beastly deck in pokemon tcg revolved around these and Leafeon

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    dear god there is a 5th 1!
    And it's the best one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Rather have Grey Version than Gen 3 Remakes. :/

Gen 3 is.. meh.
    I liked Gen 3, but I'd rather see a Grey version

---------- Post added 2012-02-21 at 09:17 PM ----------

Oh, so you're one of the people that say " ONLY ZE ORIGINAL 151 POKEMANZ ARE ZE REEL ONEZ AND THE ONEZ AFTER ZAT ARE CHILDISH AND STOOPID"?

1st gen fans are the worst fans. I loved 1st Gen too, but all the others are great too. Are there stupid Pokemon in 5th Gen? yes. Were there just as many stupid Pokemon in 1st Gen? Yes.

4th Gen was the overall worst IMO, but it still had some pretty cool designs. 2nd was my favourite, but 5th was close.

Rather have Grey Version than Gen 3 Remakes. :/

Gen 3 is.. meh.
    I want both, but I'd prefer R/S remakes. It'd be nice to have current versions of the games, since they're 10 years old now and really outdated.

One thing I would really love for whatever game they come out with though, is multiple save files. As much as I want to play Black again, I can't just delete all my Pokemon. That's the only reason I want Gray. If I could make another game, I wouldn't bother buying it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    4th Gen was the overall worst IMO, but it still had some pretty cool designs.
    I agree so much. As much as I love Gen 5, and defend it to death (it has the best gameplay overall), 4th Gen was just.. ugh.

Hai, what's this thread about?

Edit: stupid spelling mistake
    Last edited by Riverness; 2012-02-21 at 08:37 PM.

Deleted
    5th gen is my favorite nowadays, since i love funny looking pokemons aka Vanilluxe, Garbodor, Basculin, Stunfisk and the mushrooms. (Yes haters gonna hate me on this.) Even got some fierce looking cool ones like Excadrill, Hydreigon and some others.

The most badassest pokemon for me ever is Charizard.

Because that Charizard is the Charmender that saved Ash and his pokemon's life in that storm. He also won the match against Magmar with the seismic toss attack. He was tough, but not as tough as the other Charizards in Charicific Valley, so Ash left him there to train (I remember shedding a teardrop there). How good 5th gen ever is, Hydreigon can't beat MY Charizard, the Charmender that evolved into it while I grew up to be the man who I am right now.

My point is:

Everyone have their points of views, just shut up with the "AMAGAD 1ST GEN IS THE BEST GEN!!!!!!11111" or "NUUU 5th GEN FTWWW" and let everyone go with their preferences! I'm sure they have a valid reason for believing it.

My reason is that it was the generation I grew up with, it's been a great experience for me while I was a child and it certainly had effect on me to become the man I am right now.

I have nostalgia for gen 1, but it seems like people who don't even play Pokemon anymore act like the ones after aren't good at all, which is untrue, the gameplay has been improved so much, that Gen 1 is pretty unplayable, even the remake feels dated.

That's silly. You're silly.

I would rather have G3 remakes myself. I never beat Sapphire because my cartridge broke, and i probably wouldn't buy gray version anyway.

4th Gen was the overall worst IMO, but it still had some pretty cool designs.
    G4 is definitely the worst of the series. The pokemon were all ugly, the gameplay was awful....

Quote Originally Posted by Meysvindu View Post

Everyone have their points of views, just shut up with the "AMAGAD 1ST GEN IS THE BEST GEN!!!!!!11111" or "NUUU 5th GEN FTWWW" and let everyone go with their preferences! I'm sure they have a valid reason for believing it.

My reason is that it was the generation I grew up with, it's been a great experience for me while I was a child and it certainly had effect on me to become the man I am right now.
    Nostalgia is a poor reason to prefer a game. If you compare gameplay of any current game to that of R/B, you'll realize that it was absolutely awful. And really, that's more fact than opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I agree so much, I tried to play Soul Silver recently and after having finished Pokemon White I couldn't play it -- the battles without all the camera movements and little animations were so flat.

They have really improved battles with the little dances the pokemon all seem to do.
    I still think HG/SS are the best games. The battle animations aren't as good, but the interface is way better than B/W's. I think Heartgold was the Pokemon game I played the most, and Black was the one I played the least (I just started playing it a couple weeks ago, the first time since I beat the Elite Four).

Going back to the Gameboy games, or even D/P/P, is hard though.

Going back to the Gameboy games, or even D/P/P, is hard though.
    Yeah, Pokemon is just one of those series that makes older games unplayable as the series progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Nostalgia is a poor reason to prefer a game. If you compare gameplay of any current game to that of R/B, you'll realize that it was absolutely awful. And really, that's more fact than opinion.
    So the shitstorm was about the game? Silly me

Quote Originally Posted by Meysvindu View Post
    So the shitstorm was about the game? Silly me
    There was no shitstorm. :P

It's not the first person to come in here just to say "LOLGEN1 IS DA BESTEST EVAR AND ALL GENS AFTER R TEH SUCKZ0RZ" it gets old. :I

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    ^ My entire group of friends at school.
    They are very big on nostalgia.
    Yeah, pretty much anyone will give you that response. I can admit my love for Gen 1 is completely nostalgic, I don't even wanna try to go back and play it now because I know for sure it's not going to end well, and I won't even be able to play it, and that will tarnish my memories.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a Pokemon game to come out that I can catch EVERY Pokemon in. I don't like trading lol