Thread: Pokémon!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by TehTiny View Post
    This thread reminded me that my dog ate my copy of pokemon black. ULTRA SAD FACE!
    How much xp did it get? I mean sounds like it's Bite was Super Effective.

.... Sorry :P

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by TehTiny View Post
    This thread reminded me that my dog ate my copy of pokemon black. ULTRA SAD FACE!
    I can't say I've ever had a pet eat my games, that's certainly a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    How much xp did it get? I mean sounds like it's Bite was Super Effective.

.... Sorry :P
    You'd think the game would be electric type, not something bite would be super effective against.

10+ Year Old Account

Yep!
    Level 85 Illithid Mage.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh speaking of the classic "GEN 1 IS TEH REAL POKEMANZ!" debate... My girlfriend used to be one of those, until we started playing the TCG. As a matter of fact, she asked me earlier if she could play one of the newer generations because she kinda liked them.... BOOYA!

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 09:20 PM ----------

Now what I had expected... But awesome I guess. Can't beat that 'stache!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty well devestated. I had migrated tons of pokemon from the previous generation over and had also done some pretty heavy trading. All those hours lost, but my dog is too cute to stay mad at for any real length.

The GEN 1 IS TEH BEST people really bug me. It's funny, because those people often never even played the other Gens besides maybe 2, back in early 2000's when they were about 8 or something.

To be fair, every gen has there blunders, but you can't deny the gameplay has improved for the better in the newer gens.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    The GEN 1 IS TEH BEST people really bug me. It's funny, because those people often never even played the other Gens besides maybe 2, back in early 2000's when they were about 8 or something.

To be fair, every gen has there blunders, but you can't deny the gameplay has improved for the better in the newer gens.
    Quite true indeed. Take Gen 2 for example - while I really dislike that gen and Johto (I honestly don't know why!) I still think that Silver/Gold/Crystal was MUCH better than Blue/Red/Yellow/Green.... I'd wish they'd re-implement the idea of having more than one country per game though. Going to Kanto was kinda cool.
    Oh and beating Red - pretending he was Ash - was sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by skelington View Post

it puts the anime to shame.
    what the actual hell. I want this. Right now.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    what the actual hell. I want this. Right now.
    And welcome to our ranks.... Take a seat right over there, right next to all of the other persons who wants Nintendo to crucify Ash and give us this instead. Make want to move your chair though, we'll be needing more soon enough...

Deleted

Fuck yeah. P.S. I really need to play with my router and not fuck up the internet so I can go on Nintendo wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    It puts the anime to shame.
    Is this what pokemon would be like without Ash? I think I grew a few chest hairs just watching that.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Is this what pokemon would be like without Ash? I think I grew a few chest hairs just watching that.
    Indeed.... Indeed.

No Team Rocket, a set plot (something like B/W), a trainer who doesn't suck at everything he does. Yespls.

Well... hmm... fits me up to the giggling part.

That trailer... atleast it'd put up a challenge against the original Digimon anime with that. I normally don't dig animes at all, but that really blew me away. And please, I want the soundtrack for that trailer, that Team Plasma theme with electric guitar was fucking badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, everything about the trailer rocked. Shamelessly crushes years of anime over the course of a few minutes.
    And I am not afraid to say that I am on the front row of the get-rid-of-Ash band wagon!

Deleted
    I lost all respect for Ash when he gave away his Charizard. Seriously he was he best pokemon, oh and Lapras. Screw Ash. Also kill Pikachu. This is a bandwagon worth following.

Deleted
    Damnit...........watched the trailer again........ *Boards the bandwagon*

10+ Year Old Account
    Anime should have been like the manga imo. Follow the games storyline with a couple of fillers. At least like two seasons for each region/game.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

Both Flygon and Salamence were both amazing in 3rd gen - only issue is the 4x weakness to ice though. I'd dump Beautifly, just too many weaknesses as bug/flying. And I'd never use Tropius really. I'd suggest a Metagross in there somewhere. And of course some of the legendaries for obvious reasons.
    As good as metagross is, I really don't need a 3rd steel-type in there. As for legendaries, I am trying to beat it with 0 pokemon I have used before, so Kyogre is out of the question. While I have had both a Flygon and Salamence before, they were acquired after beating the Elite Four and were never on my main party(so I don't count that as "using" them.). The issue with 4X weakness is quite moot, as I would never use either of them against an ice type pokemon. Remember, this is for the sole reason of beating the elite four.

Not bad. I would say it figured me out pretty well. Though, I have never used either Weavil nor Sneasel.
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2012-07-09 at 06:28 AM.