Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this was posted already. This is arguably my favorite music in Black/White along with N's battle music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRpSa...eature=related

BTW, is Pokemon Conquest any good?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Pokemon Conquest sounds like a really, really easy Fire Emblem combined with Poke-lite. Fun if you're really into Pokemon, not so much otherwise.

Pokemon Puzzle League was the best spin-off other than Snap but it was a clone of some other puzzle game, so doesn't really count

BTW, is Pokemon Conquest any good?
    It's a pretty fun if you're a fan of strategy games. The combat's quite similar to Fire Emblem, and the battlefields are all well designed. I only just finished the main story line, which didn't take too long, but there's quite a lot of extra content afterwards. It's been fairly easy so far, but I've heard some of the extra episodes are more challenging. Don't expect a very good story or much character development.

Probably the best spin off so far, besides Snap and maybe the Mystery Dungeon games.

I hear it's really good actually, been wanting to get it, but.. poor. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    It's a pretty fun if you're a fan of strategy games. The combat's quite similar to Fire Emblem, and the battlefields are all well designed. I only just finished the main story line, which didn't take too long, but there's quite a lot of extra content afterwards. It's been fairly easy so far, but I've heard some of the extra episodes are more challenging. Don't expect a very good story or much character development.
    I don't play Pokemon for character development :P
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    It seems most of us agree 4 was fairly weak.
    And that means what? Exactly it means nothing. Because it's an opinion. There are a lot of people (includng me ) that liked gen 4.

And honestly if I would have to list them (obviously Pokemon/Story wise) It would be 1=2=3=4=5 .

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    And that means what? Exactly it means nothing. Because it's an opinion. There are a lot of people (includng me ) that liked gen 4.

And honestly if I would have to list them (obviously Pokemon/Story wise) It would be 1=2=3=4=5 .
    Not sure why you're getting so up in arms, it was merely a general statement and that I noticed in most of our opinion 4 was the weakest.

Not sure why you're getting so up in arms, it was merely a general statement and that I noticed in most of our opinion 4 was the weakest.
    I dont know. The later half of Gen 5 seems really really weak : /

Started so strong with Black/White....

I don't think it was intended to mean anything more than a lot of people agree :/ Obviously everybody's got a varying opinion.

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I dont know. The later half of Gen 5 seems really really weak : /

Started so strong with Black/White....
    Example:

Like how I think the last half of Gen 5 is the best and it's endgame was better than all the rest.

10+ Year Old Account

Heh, if it makes you feel better, I think 3rd and 4th gen have the best overall pokemon. I just find their storylines lacking and replay value smaller than the others.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post

Example:

Like how I think the last half of Gen 5 is the best and it's endgame was better than all the rest.

Black2/white2 is one big cash in. Half the music is the same (The shit that isnt is just awful). Half the NPCs are the same. The PC's are just reskinned versions of Black/White. Majority of the Gym leaders are the same. Nintendos getting greedy. The reason they didnt want to put it on the 3DS is because it would have required them do some work.

Black2/white2 is one big cash in. Half the music is the same (The shit that isnt is just awful). Half the NPCs are the same. The PC's are just reskinned versions of Black/White. Majority of the Gym leaders are the same. Nintendos getting greedy. The reason they didnt want to put it on the 3DS is because it would have required them do some work.
    0/10

I did reply though, so there's that.

We agree on that.

The general opinion, at least from what I've read on 4chan, is that Black and White 2 are better than B/W. It's not fixing all of they're problems, but it's going in the right direction. They're not really getting lazier, they actually seem to be putting more effort into these games than Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum.

Also, it's probably not Nintendo's fault that it's on the DS. Pokemon is a huge system seller, why wouldn't they want it on the 3DS? Game Freak has always been late coming to the new consoles unfortunately.

0/10

I did reply though, so there's that.

Why? Just why....why do this. WHY DO THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    The general opinion, at least from what I've read on 4chan, is that Black and White 2 are better than B/W. It's not fixing all of they're problems, but it's going in the right direction. They're not really getting lazier, they actually seem to be putting more effort into these games than Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum.

Also, it's probably not Nintendo's fault that it's on the DS. Pokemon is a huge system seller, why wouldn't they want it on the 3DS? Game Freak has always been late coming to the new consoles unfortunately.
    Not to mention 3DS's launch time was sort of awkward around Pokemon, at least.

Why? Just why....why do this. WHY DO THIS
    I don't even play with music on.

I enjoyed b2/w2.
    Sure it didnt change that much but hey, guess what, it is technically a third version. People didnt complain half as much about platinum/emerald/crystal when they came out. They made improvements upon the game, as did b2/w2. The fact that there are 2 versions this time fooled people into believing a 100% different experience, when that is nowhere near the case.
    Do i believe that the second version was needed? No.
    Do i think it is a cash grab? Hell yes.
    Will people buy it? Yes to the highest meaning of the word.

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Not to mention 3DS's launch time was sort of awkward around Pokemon, at least.
    Its been a year since the 3DS laucnhed... Gamefreak could have done it for the 3DS. Im sure one of Nintendos biggest 2nd party Devs knew about the 3DS before it was officially announced. They have had plenty of time to make a game for the 3DS. Pokemon on the 3DS would move so many systems...It just doesnt make sense why they wouldnt.

---------- Post added 2012-07-10 at 02:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DerpderpHAMMA View Post
    I enjoyed b2/w2.
    Sure it didnt change that much but hey, guess what, it is technically a third version. People didnt complain half as much about platinum/emerald/crystal when they came out. They made improvements upon the game, as did b2/w2. The fact that there are 2 versions this time fooled people into believing a 100% different experience, when that is nowhere near the case.
    Do i believe that the second version was needed? No.
    Do i think it is a cash grab? Hell yes.
    Will people buy it? Yes to the highest meaning of the word.
    I would be fine with Black/White 2 if it was Grey or something.
    They have advertised it as a true sequel. But when its essentially the same game with a few new sprites and spawn locations...its just a cash grab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having never owned Black or White, I'm going to go ahead and buy Black 2 or White 2 (probably Black since I enjoyed that one more than White).
    Men!

Its been a year since the 3DS laucnhed... Gamefreak could have done it for the 3DS. Im sure one of Nintendos biggest 2nd party Devs knew about the 3DS before it was officially announced. They have had plenty of time to make a game for the 3DS. Pokemon on the 3DS would move so many systems...It just doesnt make sense why they wouldnt.
    Larger audience on the DS. That's not even trolling; that was their actual reason. They want to sell this game to more people. That they got to use the exact same engine and mostly equivalent art assets is just bonus money, really.

Also, this isn't some new outrage for me. I've despised third versions since I was smart enough to be aware of how exploitative they are and haven't ever bought one.
    Last edited by Caiada; 2012-07-10 at 02:50 AM.