Thread: Pokémon!

Typhlosion is the best Pokemon ever made.

Love the name hate its gen5 back sprite it looks so strange
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    Typhlosion is the best Pokemon ever made.

-snip-
    He was one of my favorite starters ever. (Not saying much though, seeing as I've skipped gen 3-4, plus every re-make so far >.>)

I'm thinking about starting a new save file on white. Dunno if I actually wanna do it though. I've beat the elite 4, though I never went and tracked down all the sages or whatever(it's been a few months since I've played actually, don't exactly remember). Do you guys ever do that? I've been thinking about it for a while, dunno if I wanna loose all of that though. Wish they'd just give us several save files >.>

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    He was one of my favorite starters ever. (Not saying much though, seeing as I've skipped gen 3-4, plus every re-make so far >.>)

I'm thinking about starting a new save file on white. Dunno if I actually wanna do it though. I've beat the elite 4, though I never went and tracked down all the sages or whatever(it's been a few months since I've played actually, don't exactly remember). Do you guys ever do that? I've been thinking about it for a while, dunno if I wanna loose all of that though. Wish they'd just give us several save files >.>
    No never, to much hard work, the only time my game got restarted was my Emerald version, my Mom let my little cousin play it, and he started a new game and saved over it. My level 100 team, my over 100 wins against the Elite Four, over 500 hours, no cheats at all, all gone. It took me a long time before I was over it, and then it got stolen at school a few years later...

Whenever I want to start a new one, I just don't save and then leave my DS on. When I want all the stuff on my original file back, just turn it off and it's still there We've come a long way since the days of AA batteries, lol.

Did that with Black just recently. I can't bear to ever save over files.

No never, to much hard work, the only time my game got restarted was my Emerald version, my Mom let my little cousin play it, and he started a new game and saved over it. My level 100 team, my over 100 wins against the Elite Four, over 500 hours, no cheats at all, all gone. It took me a long time before I was over it, and then it got stolen at school a few years later...
    That reminds me when I finally caught Latias or Latios.. don't remember which, anyway, I let me nephew play my game and he saved over my file. Not as bad as yours though, if someone saved over my file in White I'd go on a murder rampage. I think that's what killed Gen 3 for me personally, I was so mad I never even played it ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Whenever I want to start a new one, I just don't save and then leave my DS on. When I want all the stuff on my original file back, just turn it off and it's still there We've come a long way since the days of AA batteries, lol.

Did that with Black just recently. I can't bear to ever save over files.
    I really wish that there was a feature that allowed you to have up to atleast 3 saves. And yeah, it's funny how we used to have to use AA batteries, I've been playing since Red, Blue, and Yellow.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 05:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    That reminds me when I finally caught Latias or Latios.. don't remember which, anyway, I let me nephew play my game and he saved over my file. Not as bad as yours though, if someone saved over my file in White I'd go on a murder rampage. I think that's what killed Gen 3 for me personally, I was so mad I never even played it ever again.
    Yeah, nowadays I'm a lot more impatient and etc. and I don't think I could handle if someone did that to me. Atleast it wasn't my Gold version, my whole team is level 100, with over 1000 hours, completed Pokedex (Even Mew), no cheats, and 3 losses (Screw you Whitney and your stupid Miltank) the other two being from the Elite Four when I got unlucky, and when I had to battle my rival before entering the Elite Four.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 05:36 AM ----------

Oh yeah, what is a great feat. for you? More recently, I beat the Unova region League with only my Togekiss

Was kinda hoping for a togetic

10+ Year Old Account
    Feraligatr > Typhlosion

Also Shiny Mew ftw.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Feraligatr > Typhlosion

Also Shiny Mew ftw.
    Typhlosion can learn Wild Charge, which at the cost of a recoil, will decimate a Feraligatr. Speaking of Feraligatr, do you think that they made it like that because they ran out of space on names?

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Feraligatr > Typhlosion

Also Shiny Mew ftw.
    Mews
    W/B sprite looks so wrong what were they thinking. Looks like mews trying to penetrated his anus with his tail
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the same sprite as from Gen 4.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

What 6 Pokemon would you bring on a journey? Mine would be:

Typhlosion - Male

Ampharos - Female

Mienshao - Female

Togekiss - Female

Scizor - Male

Lopunny - Female or Breloom - Male
    Last edited by Karthorn; 2012-07-11 at 07:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What 6 Pokemon would you bring on a journey? Mine would be:

Typhlosion - Male

Ampharos - Female

Mienshao - Female

Togekiss - Female

Scizor - Male

Breloom - Male

how would you go about choosing their gender? Is that just the team you wound up with in a game?

If this were real life I'd probably get too attached to my first few pokemon and that'd be my team. However I'm also very tactical and would have different types (but not as tactical as in the game, fun/usefulness would factor in)

Venusaur (my starter is always grass because there are few decent grass types)
    Gyarados (every game I use gyarados as one of my main strikers, plus I could ride it in the ocean)
    Pidgeot (Probably would be my first catch, so I'd be sentimental and keep it as my flying mount)
    Kadabra/alakazam (Was my most powerful pokemon in blue, always did like psychic types, plus teleport would be great in a pinch)
    Arcanine (I'd need I fire type and I've always been partial to dogs)
    Hitmonlee (Just seems like it would be a good fighter)

Of course it would all depend on what region I start in too.

Gyardos and Alakazam are pretty much the only pokemon I consistently used throughout the games.
    Last edited by Zapgreen; 2012-07-11 at 07:29 AM.

Dragonite
    Dragonite
    Dragonite
    Dragonite
    Dragonite

Oh, and a Dragonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    how would you go about choosing their gender? Is that just the team you wound up with in a game?
    Pretty much, though I'm always thinking when I see a Pokemon what gender I want it to be, like when it took me awhile to find a Female Feebas, a female Buneary, a female Ralts, or a male Axew, and ugh, don't even mention the time when I reset so many times to get a female Chimchar. I also have to name every Pokemon I catch though and that gets tricky at times :P

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 07:16 AM ----------

Dragonite
    Dragonite
    Dragonite
    Dragonite
    Dragonite

Oh, and a Dragonite.
    I have 6 level 100 Dragonites on my Gold version
    Last edited by Karthorn; 2012-07-11 at 07:16 AM.

Wow totally spot on, with people I meet in face to face comments. On the internet, you are possibly a robot and I have no interest in you or your feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonite
    Dragonite
    Dragonite
    Dragonite
    Dragonite

Oh, and a Dragonite.
    That was my favorite one in Gen 1. Always wanted to get one in the other games, don't have one now but I want one :\

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much, though I'm always thinking when I see a Pokemon what gender I want it to be, like when it took me awhile to find a Female Feebas, a female Buneary, a female Ralts, or a male Axew, and ugh, don't even mention the time when I reset so many times to get a female Chimchar. I also have to name every Pokemon I catch though and that gets tricky at times :P

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 07:16 AM ----------

I have 6 level 100 Dragonites on my Gold version
    I loved my infernape, I don't usually name my pokemon but when I do it means I relaly like them. Sometimes I'd name my starter, and maybe 2-3 others per game. If It was that region I'd have to take chimchar over turtwig.

My Alakazam was named Beef Jerky and Gyarados is usually Ragnarok (or some apocalyptic-esque name). Infernape was named Scorch. I don't really remember the others' names. I guess I was hungry when I first named my Abra and the name stuck.

-----

Actually, another of my favorites is my super mutant Porygon-Z (I only raised Porygon-Z's special attack and speed to deadly levels) use Tri attack and annihilate everything. It could oneshot anything except ghost's (which are immune to normal)

His name was Godslayer because my cousin had a full legendary team and he kept referring to himself as the PokeGod. So I battled him with Godslayer and Put him in his place (I had leveled up the EVs and he hadn't. It was almost unfair how fast all 6 legendaries got wiped out)
    Last edited by Zapgreen; 2012-07-11 at 07:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

Id say that's fairly close surprisingly.