Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bwaarg wins.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raenboe View Post
    In all honesty I was one of those people who just levelled up one main pokemon to really high and never bothered with keeping others at the same level. So i'd have one extremely OP pokemon and the rest would fall like flies. I understand the basic basics of water>lightning etc etc, I just get confused with flying pokemon and steel pokemon etc it just doesn't always seem that realistic.
    What?

Also i to was the guy who just trained my starter and only starter and recently I've been trying to get a team instead of just one pokemon.
    Black Lives Matter

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    What?

Also i to was the guy who just trained my starter and only starter and recently I've been trying to get a team instead of just one pokemon.
    Classic case of misusing the "> <" signs. And yeah, like I said - all you need is one overly buff starter, it doesn't even need the best moves if it's buff enough. Back in Ruby my Blaziken decimated the Elite Four with just Double Kick and Flamethrower - yes, even the dragon trainer - sure it took some time, but again I was way overpowered.

---------- Post added 2012-07-30 at 08:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    Slowbro is awesome - as is Slowking.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Made a new remix of unova gym leader music. Made it sound pretty much like it would be against Elesa or Roxie. Cause i love both their gym themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Goronfighter View Post
    I'm playing through Soul Silver again, I like my Krabby but his move pool is meh, Anyone know an alternative water pokemon for me?
    Starmie is excellent, get a Staryu with a Good Rod.

Hello, I've been trying to raise a Sceptile for competitive play. I breed one with the right move set, nature, characteristic, and highest iv(as checked by the guy in the battle tower). I gave it 10 Calcium and 10 Carbos but nothing seemed to change, its stats remained the same. So I went on to ev train it with Pokerus and Power Anklet, defeating 15 zubats, 2 slowpokes, and 30 psyducks. However, upon plugging my stats into an iv calculator, it came up with very poor ivs which shouldn't be the case. The man in the battle tower said it was above average and it's best stat(special attack) couldn't be better. Since it's characteristic is "mischievous" that means the iv for spec attack should be 31. After subtracting 100 evs from spec attack and speed since the vitamins seemingly did nothing, it came up with what seems to be more correct values, with my spec attack iv at 31. So my question is, what exactly happened? Using the ev vitamins should have increased my stats, but instead they did nothing. Trying to give it more calcium and carbos yields the message "It will have not effect."

Here are the stats:
    Grovyle
    Hasty nature
    "mischievous"
    Above average potential
    Special attack as best stat
    "Can't be better"
    Hidden Power Ice

Level 18
    hp: 50
    atk: 30
    def: 23
    Sp. atk: 48
    Sp. def: 30
    Spd: 56

Assuming I ev trained correctly, they should look like this: +4 hp, + 252 sp. atk, + 252 spd.

So what's wrong?

Deleted
    Just checking you know that 4 EV's = 1 stat point.

Deleted
    Just checking you know that 4 EV's = 1 stat point.
    And that is at lvl 100. At lvl 18 it's way less.

Yes, I know the basics of ev training, though this is my first time doing it. I did everything according to http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2012-08-01 at 12:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Yes, I know the basics of ev training, though this is my first time doing it. I did everything according to http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml
    Level it to 100 and look at the EV spread. Also I wouldn't bother too much about EV training. They are looking at it in a ultra competitive light.

Level it to 100 and look at the EV spread. Also I wouldn't bother too much about EV training. They are looking at it in a ultra competitive light.
    I thought ev training was a must if you want to do any battling online. Sort of like you need pvp gear to do well in pvp.

Deleted
    Ev training is useful at critical levels but unless you plan to play in competitions it is not needed. I personally EV train my Pokemon but I can say it doesn't make much difference when faced with RNG (Paralysis, confusion, critical hits etc.), Pokemon that counter yours and Pokemon with a stat boosting move. Granted, EV training can make a lot of difference but it is not essential.

Well, I want to be somewhat competitive, hence I came here and asked about it. If I didn't care as much, I would've just gone with my current sceptile without going through 60 eggs to get the perfect combo and training from level 1.

Does anyone happen to have a spare upgrade that they don't need\want? I'd like to evolve my porygon that I'm using in my white team. If anyone is willing to trade to help me evolve it, send me a pm

Deleted
    It's Battle Subway time for everyone now!

This energetic remix is made by me.

Oh god, N's voice is sooo bad in the dub.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Oh god, N's voice is sooo bad in the dub.

...Thats no where near how i imagined N sounding..also..isn't it stated he talks really fast?

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Well, I want to be somewhat competitive, hence I came here and asked about it. If I didn't care as much, I would've just gone with my current sceptile without going through 60 eggs to get the perfect combo and training from level 1.
    I find EV training to be pretty damn important, simply because of all the make/break moments. Moments like, if you outspeed their pokemon, if you can survive their attack, if they can survive yours, etc; things like that are when whether you EV trained or not really affects your game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear the Rival in that video is Sean Schemmel (Goku).
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    I swear the Rival in that video is Sean Schemmel (Goku).
    Yeah, and Cheren in that video is Adult Gohan. :P