Thread: Pokémon!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I, for some reason, love it when the starters are just a pure type instead of dual type, can't put a finger on why, but that's probably the reason I love Typhlosion and Feraligatr so much.

Yeah, grass has too many weaknesses sadly, atleast Ice shouldn't be very effective against it. Poor Venusaur is even weak against Psychic attacks.

Also, Charizard is a lizard.
    I prefer the starters having some wonky combos, like water/steel, grass/ground makes them seem that much more unique (granted three generations of fire/fight kinda ruins that). And aye Venusaur is indeed weak against Psychic and ground as well, it does though lose it's bug and poison weaknesses.

And Charizard is a dragon! (visually) :P

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Since my friends all went with Squirtle or Charmander because their evolutions were the version mascots, I went for Bulbasaur. Ever since then, I'm still the only one of my friends who take the grass starter. While grass may have plenty of weaknesses, I found grass starters are generally very strong when fighting trainers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    I had an absol with that perk that increased crit damage, a crit item, and 4 high crit attacks.

She was always the first one to die.
    Heh, I had a Honchkrow with something similar, but he always seemed to tear through anything slower than him.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Since my friends all went with Squirtle or Charmander because their evolutions were the version mascots, I went for Bulbasaur. Ever since then, I'm still the only one of my friends who take the grass starter. While grass may have plenty of weaknesses, I found grass starters are generally very strong when fighting trainers in general.
    To be fair, starters haven't been version mascots since gen 1 . But, in my first playthroughs at least, I've always chosen the water starter. They've never really been below average for the story, and I could always count on them having a strong water move with surf.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Heh, I had a Honchkrow with something similar, but he always seemed to tear through anything slower than him.

To be fair, starters haven't been version mascots since gen 1 . But, in my first playthroughs at least, I've always chosen the water starter. They've never really been below average for the story, and I could always count on them having a strong water move with surf.
    He didn't say that either, he just said that he uses the grass starter because everyone else chose the mascots back in gen 1 and it's stuck with him ever since.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

rayquazas a badass mofocker

So the Keldeo Gamestop(US) event has started today and my local Gamestop apparently isn't participating in it, tempted to call them and see if any of the other stores nearby might be participating(next closest being about 15 miles away). Anyone been able to get theirs yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    So much Pokemon player Feraligatr haters in here! He's the best. I want a life size plush Feraligatr someday (all 7'7" of him).

I just finished up Pokemon XD and I actually liked it better than Coliseum. There was a much larger selection of Shadow Pokemon (nearly twice as many) and they weren't all bad ones from G/S. Started with an Eevee that I made a Vaporeon (my fave), which I regretted since it kind of forced me to sideline other good water types (Seel, Spheal, Poliwrath, etc.)

The last bosses, though, are a pain in the ass unless your team is stacked with Shadow Pokemon. Since in this game, Shadow is super effective against everything but Shadow, in which it's not very effective.

I've also recently started a White Nuzlocke run. Burned through a lot of friends, but here's my team so far (Twist Mountain)

LV 37 Tynamo
    LV 37 Audino (This thing is a beast!)
    LV 37 Seismitoad
    LV 39 Leavanny
    LV 40 Emboar

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    So the Keldeo Gamestop(US) event has started today and my local Gamestop apparently isn't participating in it, tempted to call them and see if any of the other stores nearby might be participating(next closest being about 15 miles away). Anyone been able to get theirs yet?
    I'm not quite bold enough to stroll into Gamestop and get a Unicorn pokemon. Gotta find a friend who would go with me
    Last edited by Nadev; 2012-08-28 at 05:19 AM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

I'm not quite bold enough to stroll into Gamestop and get a Unicorn pokemon. Gotta find a friend who would go with me
    You should be able to grab it from right outside the store, or in the parking lot. Worked for me.

Deleted
    After I spend a couple of hours on Pokemmo I decided to look into my Black version again, and I fixed all 3 starters. Got obsessed by breeding them. I wanted the correct nature, saw an egg ability I thought seemed nice. I don't really like the starters that much, but I thought it would be fun to have them.
    I haven't even played that far into the game, only have 4 badges, but I like to optimize even if I will never play competitively. I won't bother with EV training though, not until I complete the game... I think.

Pokemon is addictive!

Quote Originally Posted by Juubo View Post
    After I spend a couple of hours on Pokemmo I decided to look into my Black version again, and I fixed all 3 starters. Got obsessed by breeding them. I wanted the correct nature, saw an egg ability I thought seemed nice. I don't really like the starters that much, but I thought it would be fun to have them.
    I haven't even played that far into the game, only have 4 badges, but I like to optimize even if I will never play competitively. I won't bother with EV training though, not until I complete the game... I think.

Pokemon is addictive!
    I'm currently obsessed with completing the pokedex but since bw2 are relasing in few days, I might have to catch few patrats to transfer em all to my new white 2 then

10+ Year Old Account
    So B2/W2 are out in the states one week from today. What's your team gonna be?

I torn between the starters. Tepig is my favorite, but I want to give Oshawott another chance (didn't like it first time). The sad thing is there are lots of good/cool Fire, Fighting, Water and Ice types I'd basically give up on one of those two. Then again, I've never gotten far with a Snivy and it's easier to give up a Grass slot than Fire or Water.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2012-09-30 at 11:37 PM.
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Skelington is upset that he doesn't have B2 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1DOJ0.png[IMG]
    Skelington is upset that he doesn't have B2 yet.
    You are not missing much, it feels kind of underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I'm enjoying it so far. It's definitely an improvement over B/W, and it seems to have added a lot more than the previous third versions. I'm only up to the third gym, but with the exception of Castelia City looking the same it's pretty much entirely different from the first games.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    What did you play like 2 seconds of it?

Deleted
    No B/W2 for me until Friday, god damnit Europe

Forgot all about B/W2, guess it's because I'm not really hyped for it. While B/W was a fine game I'm just not really interested in a sequel to it, the main Pokémon games' stories never really do so good that they're worth a sequel, Black and White is no exception. Might aswell be a sequel to Pearl and Diamond, only difference in the antagonist gang is that they have different intentions, but they're doing the same thing though, both over the top none sense stories.

Only reason to buy the game for me is the new coliseum thing where you can take on previous gym leaders and champions. Wake me up when the next Mystery Dungeon is here.

I'm awaiting a Pokemon game that covers all regions and all Pokemon. It shall be glorious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully, I'll get it with my next paycheck. Blew my fun money on Pandaland this week.
    Men!