Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Looks like an event is coming to NA for a Shiny Dialga, Palkia & Giratina. Totally gonna go get em since they are not available in the game other wise at all in any legitimate manner.
    they arent? im pretty sure you can soft reset the gen 4s. i thought it was zekrom and reshiram that cant be shiny?

either way WOO HOO!!!

even though gamestop are douchebags most of the time atleast they use their sacks of money to do things like this to get more sales.

i remember the dark times when the only way to get the new pokemon was to either live in japan or drive miles to some event that they only have like once a year or somethin

- - - Updated - - -

man i didnt realize how badarse giratinas shiny form was

- - - Updated - - -

although i kinda wish they would do more wifi events though, everytime i go to gamestop they are like "you wanna buy somethin? oh.... just here for the pokemon... okaiz..." lol
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Poor guy..

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu-41998809

owned by a kingler

Shows how important luck is.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Shows how important luck is.
    Since the game has always been Highly RNG I don't think luck is a great argument. We have to take it as it is, just like life.

Deleted
    Since the game has always been Highly RNG I don't think luck is a great argument. We have to take it as it is, just like life.
    Oh, luck is a great argument. Without luck, that Kingler would have been hit by thunder.

Just because "it is like it is" doesn't mean you can't complain about it.

I recently had a battle where my Ice beam froze two Pokemon in a row, and my opponent complained about it, and he had all right to do it. RNG is a bitch.

I recently had a battle where my Ice beam froze two Pokemon in a row, and my opponent complained about it, and he had all right to do it. RNG is a bitch.
    OMG I watched that one. Didn't he heal bell? lol

Oh, luck is a great argument. Without luck, that Kingler would have been hit by thunder.
    I know but since the game revolves around it complaining about it is kinda moot

Deleted
    OMG I watched that one. Didn't he heal bell? lol
    No, he forfeited after I froze his second Pokemon.

Deleted

Apparently these pics were found on some chinese gaming site, sadly they're kinda blurry but that's Oorotto.

15+ Year Old Account
    The tuft on its head really needs to be bigger/not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they arent? im pretty sure you can soft reset the gen 4s. i thought it was zekrom and reshiram that cant be shiny?

i remember the dark times when the only way to get the new pokemon was to either live in japan or drive miles to some event that they only have like once a year or somethin

although i kinda wish they would do more wifi events though, everytime i go to gamestop they are like "you wanna buy somethin? oh.... just here for the pokemon... okaiz..." lol
    Im with ya here. From what I can tell, they do a lot more pokemon wise over in Japan. I believe they just had an event type deal going on for a genesect relating to the movie. Im still waiting for a way to get a celebi. I got lucky and nabbed a mew because someone put it up for a level 1 Giratina without realizing that you can get a level 1 Giratina. Or at least, I think he didn't realize it since people like to put rare pokemon up with some ridiculous pokemon wanted in return.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB1_unaNUM4

The tree pokemon revealed.

Note: It's uploaded from shofu (at least I found it there first) and not the pokemon channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB1_unaNUM4

The tree pokemon revealed.

Note: It's uploaded from shofu (at least I found it there first) and not the pokemon channel.
    It looks fucking horrid. I know what pokemon I'm definitely not using or ever catching.
    Every new gen I choose one pokemon to absolutely hate on.
    Before gen5, it was Oddish. I've always hated Oddish. I hated Oddish's design, all it's attacks and evolutions. Just argh.
    Gen5, I hated the goth line. The stupid goth pokemon. Ugh, so fucking horrible.
    Now, I've found my new victim. This pokemon will die in glorious fire every time I see that disgusting tuft on it's head. Yesss...

Anyways, is there any Pokemon you guys can't stand? What do you dislike about it?
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-07-31 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post

Anyways, is there any Pokemon you guys can't stand? What do you dislike about it?

Its everywhere in gen4, and by that i mean EVERYWHERE. it looks retarded, it gives no xp and isn't worth using as anything but an HM slave. At least Raticate has decent signature moves (Super/Hyper Fang) and Furret looks cool. That thing has absolutly nothing for it.

I already dislike the derpy looking lightning pokemon in Gen 6 though.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-07-31 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/f/f5/399Bidoof.png/200px-399Bidoof.png

Its everywhere in gen4, and by that i mean EVERYWHERE. it looks retarded, it gives no xp and isn't worth using as anything but an HM slave.
    But, what about Moody? :3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    The perennial Zubat! Evil evil evil evil! And if you're not running, well they're using Supersonic and Confuse Ray.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Patrat. I mean, really? What does patrat have that is going for it? I always thought that it's just a rat to pat (more like SPLAT!) on.

actually doesnt look that bad to me, and the fact that its smaller makes the puffball not look that bad, i expect it will evolve since its so small

- - - Updated - - -

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Said it a million times, will say it again.

Voltorb, it is literally the worst designed pokemon out there. I have no idea what kind of drugs the designers took when they came up with it.

I hate that piece of shit, and it would do only good if they would just delete it from all future Pokemon games permanently. (All of the above goes for electrode as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    From this video for those interested.

Magnezone, but that's more or less out of personal despise since I used Magneton regularly, and then suddenly this ugly UFO butthead shows up and ruins the evolution line. I still don't get how they managed to come up with a UFO concept for Magneton's evolution, Magnemite and Magneton's concepts are based around magnetism obviously, but then suddenly it becomes a UFO because fuck you. They could just have given Magneton Levitate and it wouldn't have needed a stat-boost either way, but nope, gotta make a UFO which doesn't levitate either. I actually despise the majority of the new evolutions to old Pokémons that were introduced in Gen IV, I really don't like Rhyperior or Mamoswine either.

I also really hate Mr. Mime, what a stupid stupid concept.

Oh, and the tree Pokémon looks... bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Magnemite and Magneton's concepts are based around magnetism obviously,
    Actually Magneton is based on Gamefreak being lazy as fuck and saying "We multiply it by 3 and it's a new Pokemon, BRILLIANT!"