Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    -turns around and looks at original 150 sans Mew poster I've had since I was like 6-

Holz, if you super oversimplify things... every single original Pokemon is stupidly uncreative.

"We take some eggs and give them faces - BRILLIANT!"
    "We take a mouse and make it evolve into a rat! BRILLIANT!"
    "Cats. BRILLIANT!"
    "A venus fly trap from a different angle 3 times! BRILLIANT!"
    "Exotic dancer. BRILLIANT!"

I think Magneton makes sense, because it's just supposed to be a bunch of Magnemites that fused together to be come more powerful. Beldum > Metang > Metagross does it to amplify their brain count, too.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot my personal favourite, Viscoe:

"A snake named Ekans, evolves into a cobra named Arbok! GIVE US A DESIGN AWARD!"

And let's not forget the gas pokemon whose names are pronounced just like "coughing" and "wheezing" xP

But, man, I still love dat gen ^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Serebii, Fennekin learns a move called Glow Punch. lolFireFighting?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    -turns around and looks at original 150 sans Mew poster I've had since I was like 6-

Holz, if you super oversimplify things... every single original Pokemon is stupidly uncreative.

"We take some eggs and give them faces - BRILLIANT!"
    "We take a mouse and make it evolve into a rat! BRILLIANT!"
    "Cats. BRILLIANT!"
    "A venus fly trap from a different angle 3 times! BRILLIANT!"
    "Exotic dancer. BRILLIANT!"

I think Magneton makes sense, because it's just supposed to be a bunch of Magnemites that fused together to be come more powerful. Beldum > Metang > Metagross does it to amplify their brain count, too.
    Not a single evolution is as lazy and uncreative as Magneton and Dugtrio though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadev View Post
    According to Serebii, Fennekin learns a move called Glow Punch. lolFireFighting?
    People still find that Joke funny?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Said it a million times, will say it again.

Voltorb, it is literally the worst designed pokemon out there. I have no idea what kind of drugs the designers took when they came up with it.

I hate that piece of shit, and it would do only good if they would just delete it from all future Pokemon games permanently. (All of the above goes for electrode as well)

From this video for those interested.

Why is voltorb a poor design?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Not a single evolution is as lazy and uncreative as Magneton and Dugtrio though.
    I dunno, man. Electrode is just Voltorb flipped upside down. I think that takes the cake. Because at least for Magneton/Dugtrio, they explain that it's not a brand new dude, it's a bunch of dudes that came together and work in unison. (That's why I feel like they're acceptable evolutions.)

Also: Ambipom. :T TWO HANDS ARE BETTER THAN ONE
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Patrat. I mean, really? What does patrat have that is going for it? I always thought that it's just a rat to pat (more like SPLAT!) on.
    It's very convenient to EV train for Attack!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadev View Post
    Cause anything with the word punch means the move is a fighting type. So shadow punch and ice punch are fighting type moves!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Cause anything with the word punch means the move is a fighting type. So shadow punch and ice punch are fighting type moves!
    My question is, how's a li'l fox gonna punch anything?

That's like asking how does quilfish use poison jab

It could punch with it's tail or since it's possibly a physic move it creates a illusion punch? Seriously people no imagination in you guys...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That's like asking how does quilfish use poison jab
    That is to say, being silly for the sake of it? Yes.

And to be fair poison jab doesn't necessarily have to be an arm, it's just a stabbing motion

That is to say, being silly for the sake of it? Yes.

And to be fair poison jab doesn't necessarily have to be an arm, it's just a stabbing motion
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jab

A jab is a type of punch used in the martial arts. Several variations of the jab exist, but every jab shares these characteristics: while in a fighting stance, the lead fist is thrown straight ahead and the arm is fully extended. It is an overhand punch; at the moment of impact, the pronated fist is generally held in a horizontal orientation with the palm facing the ground.
    But yes to be silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2013-07-31 at 06:16 PM.

But you can jab with spears and stuff D:
    That's not a jab that's stabbing :/

Point is a lot of moves don't make sense for some pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Magnezone, but that's more or less out of personal despise since I used Magneton regularly, and then suddenly this ugly UFO butthead shows up and ruins the evolution line. I still don't get how they managed to come up with a UFO concept for Magneton's evolution, Magnemite and Magneton's concepts are based around magnetism obviously, but then suddenly it becomes a UFO because fuck you. They could just have given Magneton Levitate and it wouldn't have needed a stat-boost either way, but nope, gotta make a UFO which doesn't levitate either. I actually despise the majority of the new evolutions to old Pokémons that were introduced in Gen IV, I really don't like Rhyperior or Mamoswine either.

I also really hate Mr. Mime, what a stupid stupid concept.

Oh, and the tree Pokémon looks... bad.
    the way i imagine it is that magnezone is basically all the magnemites finally were pulled together to make one being or something

- - - Updated - - -

WITH ITS FACE!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Oh, that's simple!
    Last edited by Amirila; 2013-07-31 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Moved the text

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    Why is voltorb a poor design?

It's just a fucking ball. That's it, there is NOTHING interesting, or creative about it, it is the most unimaginative, uncreative, boring piece of shit that was ever called a Pokemon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Oh, that's simple!
    PFFFAHAAHHAHAHA

oh god

that

yes

are there any raccoon pokemon? they should make a raccoon pokemon
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I believe there is a raccoon Pokémon..somewhere
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013