Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    5th gen wasn't revealed, it was leaked. And only like 3 days before the release of Black and White, not 2 months.
    Well, then it's just my memory which is extremely fuzzy.

Either way, I wouldn't mind a full reveal, I'm the kind of guy who likes to plan a team beforehand. Plus, I want to see at least one or two Pokémons that I'll absolutely love.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    How do you guys feel about a potential full reveal? I am kind of torn

Check everything and have a wonderful 3 days or wonder in the open world when the games are released?

On the other hand I cannot seriously wait for the 12th of August
    i really doubt they will reveal the whole pokedex i dont think they have ever officially done that before pre release.

i think its going to be the starter evos since thats whats most important to a large portion of pokemon players since almost everyone keeps their starter in their teams
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

This was an interesting out come

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-43572383

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    This was an interesting out come

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-43572383
    Baddies, lol

On the competetive topic, do you guys really think that fairy type will matter all that much? If what has been leaked is true about the type (weaknesses and resistances), then... I don't really see people using them.

OH WOW! Now that I think of it, what if corocoro reveals which ones are the fairy types of the old gens!

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Baddies, lol

On the competetive topic, do you guys really think that fairy type will matter all that much? If what has been leaked is true about the type (weaknesses and resistances), then... I don't really see people using them.

OH WOW! Now that I think of it, what if corocoro reveals which ones are the fairy types of the old gens!
    i dont think types matter that much when it comes to individual pokemon. even if a type matchup is good if a pokemon isnt very good the type combination isnt gonna help it that much
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    New info on Serebii, with some new Pokemon.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

OMG NEW FORMS FOR BLASIKEN? NEW LUCARIO EVO? NEW ABSOL @_@ OMG OMG OMG

- - - Updated - - -

16:18: First event for Pokémon X & Y. Torchic to be distributed from October 12th to January 15th. Hold a new item called Blaziken Knight. Can eventually become MegaBlaziken. It's also mentioned to utilise something called a Mega Stone

WHAT THE FUCK @_@ 4TH EVO OR NEW FORM? MEGAA BLaziken @_@ MY LIEF HAS NO MEANING

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

WHAT IS GOING ON !?!?! @_@

- - - Updated - - -

WHY DOES AMPHOROUS HAVE OLD MAN HAIR @_@ I AM FREAKING OUT @_@

- - - Updated - - -

seriously mega blaziken? whats next metal blaziken? war blaziken? omnimon blaziken? im not dissing it i think its cool but come on they couldve thought of a better name then mega blaziken

- - - Updated - - -

okay so if im reading the information right. you can use a mega stone to make a pokemon evolve into their mega evolution.

this is cool and crazy

As much as mega evolutions seem pretty dumb I am still hyped for it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    As much as mega evolutions seem pretty dumb I am still hyped for it.
    nicktoons is currently replaying the original episodes of digimon and they just like a couple days ago got to the episode where tai and matt got their mega level digivolutions.

LUCARIO DIGIVOLVE TO MEGA LEVEL!

- - - Updated - - -

wait guys O_O what if all the starters have mega evos @_@

I am hyped for it, but somehow dissapointed... hm

Is that the best they could do? MEGA EVOLUTIONS? Seriously? This is not digimon /rant.

You beat me to it, Immitis

On the other hand. OMG. PEGASUS ABSOL MY LOVE. I LOVE YOU. BE FAIRY TYPE, MY LOVE, AND WE WILL CONQUER THE WORLD! YES!

I am at a loss for words. New Blaziken and Lucario...look amazing.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are they ruining my favorite fire starter.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Did they just go Digimon on our asses? Burst Mode much.

Ampharos and Blaziken look kind of cool, and it's a surprisingly fitting evo for Mawile too. I'm kind of neutral to the Lucario one, they kind of made him look like a clusterfuck though. Mewtwo still looks awful though, and Absol became a pony princess.

Definitely not a fan of this though. Just you guys wait, it'll eventually reach Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise and probably Raichu too, since it has crazy merchandising potential, and that's when a real shit-storm will brew up. I'm also really worried about Sceptile and Swampert seeing that Blaziken was targetted, and there's still a potential 3rd gen remake coming up.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-08-08 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Why are they ruining my favorite fire starter.
    ruining? mega blaziken looks awesome. it also means if you have wifi you can use him as soon as the games come out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Did they just go Digimon on our asses? Burst Mode much.

Ampharos and Blaziken look kind of cool, and it's a surprisingly fitting evo for Mawile too. I'm kind of neutral to the Lucario one, they kind of made him look like a clusterfuck though. Mewtwo still looks awful though, and Absol became a pony princess.

Definitely not a fan of this though. Just you guys wait, it'll eventually reach Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise and probably Raichu too, since it has crazy merchandising potential, and that's when a real shit-storm will brew up. I'm also really worried about Sceptile and Swampert seeing that Blaziken was targetted, and there's still a potential 3rd gen remake coming up.
    i think it has good potiential if it becomes a somewhat common thing. once you run out of evolutions the storyline gets a little boring, this means they can extend that feeling of leveling up and getting stronger

What about competetive battles though? How will this play out?

EXCITEMENT!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think it has good potiential if it becomes a somewhat common thing. once you run out of evolutions the storyline gets a little boring, this means they can extend that feeling of leveling up and getting stronger
    I'd agree with this. When all of my pokemon reach their final evolution during the story I just sort of get left with a "Well...now what?" feeling.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

15+ Year Old Account
    1) New form designs are fucking sweeeet.

2) Mega form is the stupidest idea i have heard of (not including pokemon fusion - kyurem doesnt count).

3) These better be fake.

Mawile, (and to a lesser degree) Absol, and Lucario i'll accept, but Pokemon with a 2 step evolution already? Ehhhhh.

Also, yay another generic cutesy pikachu incarnation.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2013-08-08 at 06:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ruining? mega blaziken looks awesome. it also means if you have wifi you can use him as soon as the games come out
    They're ruining him for me, personally. I think Blazicorn looks stupid. And yes, Blazicorn - what the hell is with his unicorn horn on his head?

Further: It's a new Gen. I love the hell out my multiple playthrough Blazikens, but I don't want to use him again in a new gen. I wanna use the punchy-fox. When new gens come out, I try to use only Pokemon from the new gen.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

I really hope it's just a temporary power-up thing, I'm not sure but I've heard some people say that's how Mewtwo treated it in the new movie. If they're just fleshed out new evolutions it's kind of a bummer though, I still want a reason to use the original Blaziken and Mewtwo.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    1) New form designs are fucking sweeeet.

2) Mega form is the stupidest idea i have heard of (not including pokemon fusion - kyurem doesnt count).

3) These better be fake.
    they arent fake they are confirmed as real. and maybe the english name will be different, although it could always be worse

MARVELOUS EVOLUTION

EXPERIEMT EVOLUTION

DNAVOLUTION

lol