Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Well Kingdra is a Weedy Sea Dragon, and Altaria is based off some Chinese bird dragon thing or something.

I never understood the "Ampharos is totally like a dragon!!!" thing. Its a damn sheep thats been sheared ...shorn? Is that the right word?
    Ampharos definitely doesn't look like a dragon, that I will agree with, but I definitely am not hating that type being added.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2013-08-09 at 09:38 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I love how its impossible not to somehow reference Digimon/the digivolve sequence when talking about Mega Evolution.

I love how its impossible not to somehow reference Digimon/the digivolve sequence when talking about Mega Evolution.
    I hummed the digimon theme to myself when watching that for a few times I'll admit.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Haha, definitely. I thought of Digivolution as soon as I saw Mega evolution.

Sad thing is, while Pokemon has some better games than Digimon, Digimon had a phenomenally better anime. And it's always had a better anime. I even liked it more as a little kid, and I was completely obsessed with Pokemon. (Well...still am.)

Also, I like how the Digimon games handle evolutions more than Pokemon. Multiple paths, different mechanics for evolution, devolution at will. Also, devolution increases all stats once evolved again. I remember having a DORUmon that I devolved so often, he could oneshot most of everything in his rookie stage. Digimon World Dusk/Dawn has more replay value for me than let's say D/P/P. (It had a LONG DIFFICULT STORY MODE. x.x; But at least the story mode was a bit simpler than that final boss in the first Digimon World DS game.)

However, I don't think I'd take Dusk/Dawn over Black/White/BW2 now.

Also doesn't that imply that they would have to give every single fully evolved pokemon a mega form. Also this does nothing to help close the gap for some of the weaker/useless pokemon.
    The classic God of Pokemon has always been one of the most fearsome combatants of Ubers, but BW has given Mewtwo a gift so great that even Arceus is jealous: Psystrike. This move strikes fear into old nemeses Blissey, Ho-Oh, and Kyogre, as it makes Mewtwo a fearsome mixed attacker with almost none of the previous downsides! Like many other Uber Pokemon, Mewtwo has the stats and movepool to do virtually anything it wants. With viable sets that range from a fearsome sweeper to a frustrating staller, its versatility ensures that there is absolutely nothing that can counter it. However, while it is by no means frail, Mewtwo is not the bulkiest Pokemon around, and with its susceptibility to entry hazards and priority attacks, its longevity is an issue in the hard hitting Uber metagame. Like other Pokemon with huge movepools, it is a pity that Mewtwo can only use four of them at the same time. These problems highlight its greatest flaw of all: Mewtwo is unable to run everything at once. You have to choose between bulk and power, and Mewtwo's typing is rather poor defensively. BW2 also introduced Genesect, which made Mewtwo a lot easier to check for offensive teams. It is otherwise perfect, as its flaws end here. Dr. Fuji's dream was to create the world's most powerful Pokemon, and he most definitely succeeded.
    BECAUSE LET'S MAKE IT EVEN BETTER, RIGHT? Mewtwo is underpowered QQ!
    Yeah, agreed completely. I wish they'd spend more time on making actually underpowered pokemon better, instead of continuing to improve uber tier pokemon. I wish Absol's megaevo was actually an evo. It doesn't even have an evolutionary line. There'd be no harm in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    I hummed the digimon theme to myself when watching that for a few times I'll admit.

TORCHIC WARP EVOLVE TO MEGA BLAZIKEN.
    Someone please make a video of that. I will pay money.
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-08-09 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted

Official trailer

-snop-

Official trailer
    *drool* GAME. COME OUT ALREADY. auskhjdnckjd
    I want my Alucard [the Absol] to megaevolve.

Holy shit this is spot on! So great.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    BECAUSE LET'S MAKE IT EVEN BETTER, RIGHT? Mewtwo is underpowered QQ!
    Yeah, agreed completely. I wish they'd spend more time on making actually underpowered pokemon better, instead of continuing to improve uber tier pokemon. I wish Absol's megaevo was actually an evo. It doesn't even have an evolutionary line. There'd be no harm in it.
    Not to mention that out of all starters they give the most overpowered one a Mega Evolution. Should have given it to Meganium or Emboar. But hey, whatever sells of course.

And am I relieved to see that the trailers says that its only usable during battle, I would have hated it so much if it was permanent.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-08-09 at 02:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That evolution looks amazing, but I was kinda hoping it wouldn't be the same colour for each type.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

15+ Year Old Account
    The more i watch that Ampharos gif, the more Mega Ampharos looks like Reshiram....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Not to mention that out of all starters they give the most overpowered one a Mega Evolution. Should have given it to Meganium or Emboar. But hey, whatever sells of course.
    I guess they'll give megas for every starter, would be weird if not.
    I can totally see charizard becoming Fire/Dragon with levitate.

Extremely likely but I highly doubt it for some reason.

I don't know what to expect and what not to expect, honestly.

This is madness.

Holy cow this is amazing!

I laughed so hard.

Do one for mawhile! (reminds me of gatomon digivole)

- - - Updated - - -

In the video it said blazikenknight held item is a megastone not available through other means.

Meaning I think mega blaziken is just a promotional thing. I don't think any other starters are going to have one.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    My question is, how's a li'l fox gonna punch anything?

Relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    So. Do I use Mega Blaziken as my avatar or Blaziken mega evolving in to Mega Blaziken as my avatar?
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-08-10 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    So. Do use Mega Blaziken as my avatar or Blaziken mega evolving in to Mega Blaziken as my avatar?
    Mega blaziken warp digivolving as your avatar.

Deleted
    That image is possibly the biggest XD, :P , lol and epicness in just 1 picture

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what a Mega Evolution Blastoise would look like?

Except, a tortoise.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I wonder what a Mega Evolution Blastoise would look like?

Except, a tortoise.