Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yes all this information is coming from the demo at pokemon game show

- - - Updated - - -

hes not evil. hes just brutal and angry about them experimenting on his mother
    Damn, I was sure somewhere in one of the Pokedex entries or one of the Smash Brothers trophies it clearly included the word evil somewhere in them, but I cant seem to find it on bulbapedia. Well I dont care, I still stand by my opinion that Mewtwo should remain as one of the top end boss legendary bad asses in the series and should be allowed to do more damage instead of just sitting in a cave or being a secret opponent.

...That winged statue behind charmander?

...Why is the rival named green? I thought he was blue?

Also they showed "mysterious footage" of a battle between Lucario and Blaziken in graphics different from X and Y.

In my personal opinion it looked like Wii U graphics.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-08-17 at 04:55 AM.

hey now ash was an alright protaganist. they just kept reseting him and making him look like a doofus and never giving him any character development
    And it's sad, because they talk about his character development in interviews (and possibly bringing in his dad, if they ever feel the need to).
    And I'm like "What development?".

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post

Also they showed "mysterious footage" of a battle between Lucario and Blaziken in graphics different from X and Y.

Blue was the version of the American release. In Japan it was Red and Green, which later America adapted with the remakes of Red and Blue which was FireRed and LeafGreen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fennekin has Psybeam?

My faith is now restored in Game Freak. Please let that starter evolution be Fire/Psychic!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it october yet omggggggg

in japan the first games were pokemon red and pokemon green. however the sprites were so crappy they released a new version called blue with updated sprites.

when they brought the games over to america they just edited blue and called one red and one blue.

so technically we only ever got pokemon blue with some small changes passed off as two different games.

then pokemon yellow came out.

if they dub this they might change his name to blue like they did in hgss despite us getting leaf green instead of aqua blue or something

- - - Updated - - -

also OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG THAT TRAILERSAMAZNG @_@

- - - Updated - - -

unfortunately though it looks like its just going to be a movie not an actual series
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'm officially lost. Can someone explain what is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I'm officially lost. Can someone explain what is going on?
    they are making a movie based off red and green called pokemon origins for the release of pokemon x and pokemon y

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm i dont think we should jump to conclusions yet about the battle with different graphics. it may end up being some kind of cinematic or something.

although a pokemon game on the wiiu would boost sales and nintendo does need to boost wiiu sales.

if they DO make a wiiu game IT BETTER NOT BE THAT DAMN REVOLUTION BULLCRAP.

revolution was like pokemon stadium without all the fun stuff.

they either need to make a pokemon stadium 3. or a rpg. assuming its a normal pokemon game that is.

if its a spin off then i would like a new pokemon snap
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

OMG!! DO WANT!

Any further details other than the trailer? Do we have an ETA?

- - - Updated - - -

After years of MMOing and playing RPGs, I really do not want to see a pokemon RPG/mmo. Just add those factors:

a) Asian
    b) Hundrends (soon to be thousand) species.

Need I say more?

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, we already have the RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    OMG!! DO WANT!

Any further details other than the trailer? Do we have an ETA?

- - - Updated - - -

After years of MMOing and playing RPGs, I really do not want to see a pokemon RPG/mmo. Just add those factors:

a) Asian
    b) Hundrends (soon to be thousand) species.

Need I say more?

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, we already have the RPG.
    i think the closest we would get to an mmo is a high def online battle simulator for wiiu. it would be hard to put a good mmo on a console and nintendo would never go multiplat. the only thing theyve ever done pokemon wise on non nintendo systems was the pokedex that costs like 30 dollars for iphones.

and no as far as i know its just "around x and ys releas"

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Wait, wait, wait. Did I read it wrong or did you say the new professor has a captured Mewtwo which he then loans you for a tutorial? That will make me very sad to see if its true, like a famous celebrity forced to do late night infomercials. I hope for right now that's just a placeholder thing for the demo.
    It's most definitely just for the demo. Companies do this kind of thing for demos all the time, in this case they needed to show off the newly revealed Mega Evolutions mechanic, and since Mewtwo is like the mascot of that it's obvious that they choose him to be the one you could test it with.

Also, that Pokémon: Origins stuff actually looks pretty promising, I'm not usually into anime, especially not the Pokemon anime, but I'm sure I could give it a go.

Oh yeah, I guess we know why they re-trademarked Charizard and Blastoise now.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-08-17 at 02:27 PM.

they either need to make a pokemon stadium 3. or a rpg. assuming its a normal pokemon game that is.

if its a spin off then i would like a new pokemon snap
    I would actually consider buying a wii U for those.

Pikman 3 showed how beautiful the graphics of Wii U can be. I'm imagining an HD Pokemon Snap 2.
    For those who haven't seen Pikman 3. The environment looks amazing and the pikman still have their cartoony design but don't really look out of place in that world.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account

Just posting it here because it beats looking it up in a vid.

Deleted
    Ahahaha.

A guy is the luckiest guy, and the unluckiest guy in the world at the same time.

He got the first Shiny Syleveon ever, And it was in a demo so he can't keep it!

I'm loving it. I'm a sucker for Blue Shinies anyway.

Sylveon's nice on its shiny. A golden colour would be really nice as well.

IS IT OCTOBER YET?!

sigh

- - - Updated - - -

I can already imagine this:

"So, he brings out his Lucario now, but does not transform. I think he may be bluffing the Mega Stone. Or is he not? He switched."

OR

"Fuck, he has 4 candidates for a mega. Need to be careful".

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Ahahaha.

A guy is the luckiest guy, and the unluckiest guy in the world at the same time.

He got the first Shiny Syleveon ever, And it was in a demo so he can't keep it!

I'm loving it. I'm a sucker for Blue Shinies anyway.
    that looks AMAZINGS @_@

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post

Just posting it here because it beats looking it up in a vid.
    for some reason this looks alot to me like those arcade pokemon battles japan has that we are getting a 3ds port of.

still could be a wiiu game but the battle looks awkward from that screenshot

- - - Updated - - -

heres the vid if people wanna see it

- - - Updated - - -

also now that ive seen the video. they showed the tretta thing before that so whatever the mystery footage is its definitely not that.

still might be some form of cinematic and not actual game footage

I'm pretty confident that picture, is a teaser for a new game, and most likely for the Wii U.

The video it appeared in, was done in a chronological order recaping the past pokemon games as pikachu approaches the most recent.

We see X & Y and that Tetra game,... then a brief, almost teaser like look at whats to come after those...

The graphics of it do not resemble 3DS and the only other nintendo platform is Wii U.

Also the background art is very reminiscent of that of Colosseum, how you had battles in streets, roads, and towns.

It seems pointless to make a random few second cinematic for no reason on a rather pointless video to begin with, why would they show all the former games and systems... then here's a nice 2 second CGI cinematic. No they're sending a message, here's whats to come beyond what's coming.

okay im really surprised this isnt being mentioned more.

sometimes you can see the actual wild pokemon in the grass

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty confident that picture, is a teaser for a new game, and most likely for the Wii U.

The video it appeared in, was done in a chronological order recaping the past pokemon games as pikachu approaches the most recent.

We see X & Y and that Tetra game,... then a brief, almost teaser like look at whats to come after those...

The graphics of it do not resemble 3DS and the only other nintendo platform is Wii U.

Also the background art is very reminiscent of that of Colosseum, how you had battles in streets, roads, and towns.

It seems pointless to make a random few second cinematic for no reason on a rather pointless video to begin with, why would they show all the former games and systems... then here's a nice 2 second CGI cinematic. No they're sending a message, here's whats to come beyond what's coming.
    i know im just trying not to get my hopes up just incase it isnt an actual game.

okay im really surprised this isnt being mentioned more.

sometimes you can see the actual wild pokemon in the grass

This is so nice! Oh dear lord Arceus, bring October closer. I will sacrifise many patrats for it.