Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    A leaker FINALLY got a sylveon.

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1381098931192.jpg

Confirmed evolution technique: You have to play with / feed it using poke-amie to raise it's affection to 5 hearts (max), which is different from friendship, then level it.
    Dat Sp.Def.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    if you are really sure with that then I won't discuss it any further ;-)
    trust me. if anyone had made any type of substantial progress on hacking the 3ds the news would be everywhere.

especially with pokemon coming out and every cheapskate in the world trying to find an emulator

- - - Updated - - -

A leaker FINALLY got a sylveon.

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1381098931192.jpg

Confirmed evolution technique: You have to play with / feed it using poke-amie to raise it's affection to 5 hearts (max), which is different from friendship, then level it.
    this is one of those things i hate about gamefreak. why cant they just have a pokemon evolve normally or through an old way like happiness being all the way up, why does it constantly need some new technique to evolve or some incense or herb or whatever the hell to make a new baby.

kids heads arent gonna explode because snorlax had a munchlax.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    this is one of those things i hate about gamefreak. why cant they just have a pokemon evolve normally or through an old way like happiness being all the way up, why does it constantly need some new technique to evolve or some incense or herb or whatever the hell to make a new baby.

kids heads arent gonna explode because snorlax had a munchlax.
    Must...Google phrase "Snorlax Lovin'"...

we seriously need a mega snorlax
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Ratatoskr!!

In Norse mythology, Ratatoskr (Old Norse, generally considered to mean "drill-tooth"[1] or "bore-tooth"[2]) is a squirrel who runs up and down the world tree Yggdrasil to carry messages between the unnamed eagle, perched atop Yggdrasil, and the wyrm Níðhöggr, who dwells beneath one of the three roots of the tree. Ratatoskr is attested in the Poetic Edda, compiled in the 13th century from earlier traditional sources, and the Prose Edda, written in the 13th century by Snorri Sturluson. Scholars have proposed theories about the implications of the squirrel.
    No confirmation on this though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Confirmed fake!
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-10-07 at 12:09 AM.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

well if the other guy is right and theres actually 90 pokemon does that mean 20 legendaries O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I really hope someone does eventually find a hack for the 3DS and X/Y and shows that all event Pokemon are in the game already. If someone wants to ruin the surprise and willingly goes to look up that stuff then fine, let them, but I despise the idea of never being able to go back and obtain all the mons in a game because some of them were released only as DLC from special event that took place years ago.

Then again I am not really a fan of the special events to begin with that you can only go back and access through cheat devices. I never liked the idea of having these events/mons you could only get by connecting to Wi-Fi or going to some event or having a special eReader card or sending your cartridge to Nintendo for. To me, special events and characters should be stuff always able to be triggered in the game by some action, like finding a rare, special item that only has a 1/1000 chance of being held by a wild Pokemon you could catch and would trigger some event chain, or having events open up if you fill up a certain percentage of the Pokedex or by capturing a certain trio of legendary mons.
    I definitely agree with you. I wouldn't be against events so much if all pokemon were technically obtainable in game, even if through some really rare in-game happening. Not being able to complete the pokedex without cheating devices because we didn't go to gamestop for an event, or because we didn't have a specific game when they were doing a specific mystery gift, or because we don't live in japan. It is frustrating to say the least. But at least with global trade we can get those pokemon without using cheating devices ourselves, even if the other player most likely did use a cheating device. The only problem with that is the people that seem to like to name them all "AAAAAAAA" and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    well if the other guy is right and theres actually 90 pokemon does that mean 20 legendaries O_o
    90 may be including the number of megas present in the game, but it's believed the Pokedex ends at #720.
    Zygarde is number 718.

PM if you add me!

Pardon the question from a total pokemon noob, but are X and Y two different styles of games (ala Oracle of Seasons/Ages from Zelda series) or just the same game split into 2 with pokemon divvied up between them both?

Thinking of picking up one for my daughter but not sure if the choice even matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
    Pardon the question from a total pokemon noob, but are X and Y two different styles of games (ala Oracle of Seasons/Ages from Zelda series) or just the same game split into 2 with pokemon divvied up between them both?

Thinking of picking up one for my daughter but not sure if the choice even matters.
    They're basically the same games with slight story differences and a couple of exclusive Pokemon/Formes.

PM if you add me!

theres usually differences between the two, not huge differences but some.

like in ruby and saphire if you picked ruby team magma was trying to raise up the land and in saphire team aqua was trying to raise the sea.

diamond and pearl were pretty much identicle i think

in black and white the final city was completely different depending on which game you got.

ultimately though it doesnt matter so get whichever one you think has the pokemon she would like most on the box art

- - - Updated - - -

also i wouldnt be surprised at all if the third/sequel game isnt called pokemon z.

not saying pokemon z isnt likely but i wouldnt put it past nintendo to name it with a z JUST so when the next game comes out we are like "whaaaAW?W?@?@"

just like when they announced black and white 2. then next gen go back to 3rd games just to mess with everyones minds :P lol

Doesn't really matter, just a few exclusive pokemon in each.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kame Guru View Post
    Dat Sp.Def.
    When the same leaker fought a Gym Leaders sylveon it took a Hydro-Pump from his mega-blastoise to the face like it was nothing, then it kicked the Blastoise's ass with a few shots of a move that is basically the fairy equivalent of ice-beam.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Doesn't really matter, just a few exclusive pokemon in each.

- - - Updated - - -

When the same leaker fought a Gym Leaders sylveon it took a Hydro-Pump from his mega-blastoise to the face like it was nothing, then it kicked the Blastoise's ass with a few shots of a move that is basically the fairy equivalent of ice-beam.
    QQ Really wish all the picture links that you post didn't lead to a 4chan 404 page...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

i've been grinding up pokemon to fight iris with, and it's sooooooooooo slow because i can only get to level 33 - 36 pokemon on route 10. there any place higher than that i can get to before i fight iris? in white, not white 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    QQ Really wish all the picture links that you post didn't lead to a 4chan 404 page...
    Sorry I try to replace them with imgur ones when I can but all the best leaks source from 4chan.

Sylveons stats:
    http://i.imgur.com/2LfqoIe.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've been grinding up pokemon to fight iris with, and it's sooooooooooo slow because i can only get to level 33 - 36 pokemon on route 10. there any place higher than that i can get to before i fight iris? in white, not white 2.
    How do you train? The most effective way is to fight audino.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-10-07 at 02:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so I've decided to venture into this thread, is it just me or does Gen IV just not as interesting as the other Generations? Not speaking in terms of Soul Silver and Heart Gold.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Okay so I've decided to venture into this thread, is it just me or does Gen IV just not as interesting as the other Generations? Not speaking in terms of Soul Silver and Heart Gold.
    Pokemon wise, yeah sorta. This gen is small but it has a few real winners IMO.

Game wise, this shit is going to be amazing.

-Longest story ever.
    -Megas
    -3D models
    -awesome attack animations
    -ability to catch every pokemon from all gens
    -ability to play with / feed pokemon

How do you train? The most effective way is to fight audino.
    i've only seen it pop up in lower level areas. is there a way to make it show up? i've just been killing every pokemon that pops up on route 10 :/

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've only seen it pop up in lower level areas. is there a way to make it show up? i've just been killing every pokemon that pops up on route 10 :/
    Best way to level is as follows:

Audino can be found pretty much everywhere, EVERYWHERE.
    They pop in shaking grass like ~80% of the time.

To fight audino run around in an area near some grass (but not in the grass) until some starts shaking, then enter the shaking to grass to fight an audino (most of time).

They give awesome amounts of XP compared to other pokemon.

You can do this on any route with grass but try not to do it near surfable water.

It's important to run around to trigger the grass shaking, if you stand still it won't spawn.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-10-07 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Gen IV (D/P/P) almost made me quit Pokemon altogether. It was the worst generation, in my opinion.
    I think Gen V makes up for it ten times over though.

PM if you add me!