Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    http://instagram.com/p/fI1PFNN2e1/

If this is true...I-I....
    If it's true it must be the world's greatest troll EVER. I almost want it to be true

Deleted
    I would like it to be true if only because the grass type starte looks hideous, especially the final form.

I'll eat my fabulous hat if it's true.

- - - Updated - - -

So apparently heracross is getting a mega-evo

I'm getting this info second hand, instead of directly from a leaker like I normally do so take that with a grain of salt.

But apparently somebody found his stone, no screens because they didn't find heracross yet.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way that's true, as much as I want it to be true because I haven't seen a fire/water type yet and I still need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    best gens

from best to worst in my opinion.

Going by designs.

Can't rank 6 yet since I haven't made an attachment to them yet, but as it stands right now nudge it in between 4 and 2.

New information, certain types are picking up interesting traits:

Electric Pokemon can no longer be paralyzed
    Fire Pokemon can no longer be burned
    Grass types can no longer be leach-seeded
    Ghost pokemon can always leave battle (flee / swap)

unknown what others atm.
    But i'm guessing ice/freeze and poison/poison is obvious and maybe fairies can't be charmed? (all charm moves are fairy type now).

I think it's cool but, unless they give normals something neat all this does is make them THAT MUCH WORSE.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-10-07 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    New information, certain types are picking up interesting traits:

Electric Pokemon can no longer be paralyzed
    Fire Pokemon can no longer be burned
    Grass types can no longer be leach-seeded
    Ghost pokemon can always leave battle (flee / swap)

unknown what others atm.
    But i'm guessing ice/freeze and poison/poison is obvious and maybe fairies can't be charmed? (all charm moves are fairy type now).

I think it's cool but, unless they give normals something neat all this does is make them THAT MUCH WORSE.
    This info was announced by them officially when they gave the type chart.

That would just leave them at being normal

Also, seeing how most old pokemon (clefairy, chansey lines) are getting the new type, I'd say that it is mostly a gimmick now.

- - - Updated - - -

5 days left!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dayum, I hope they do heracross justice if its real.
    Also, do we have a list of all the Mega stones yet? Or are most of them presumed to be well hidden or hard to get?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

i kinda think pokemon are getting a little too alien looking. almost all of the legendaries since diamond and pearl have looked like animal shaped space crafts :/

i don't hate them, i just prefer everything to look more natural is all.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i kinda think pokemon are getting a little too alien looking. almost all of the legendaries since diamond and pearl have looked like animal shaped space crafts :/

i don't hate them, i just prefer everything to look more natural is all.
    Well I think mew and mewtwo are designed to look alien but I know what you mean, they don't look natural and most are way over designed.

now that they've gotten most of these pokemon world creation deities out of the way, hopefully they'll start to get a little less mysterious and more "this critter is a huge badass, and this team is gonna use it to fuck things up, go get them".

anyway though, can someone tell me how white 2 will work when i get it? will it be a complete start over? or will i have my pokederpz and my accomplishments known?

Complete start over. Your trainer is not the same as the trainer in the white 1 game. It's someone else living the events of 2 years after white 1.

well, that's... weak. like, do i at least get something for having a completed white save file on my ds? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Sorry.

Deleted
    Getting so close to release now. Something tells me this is going to be one of the most long and boring work weeks of my life.

hmm, well, i was kinda thinking of not getting. but it's still a different story, so i might i guess. do you see other region's pokemon sooner in white 2? and the levels seem a little wonky looking on the wiki, is it harder than the first one or something?

sorry for noobing it up here... just curious and wanna know some stuff before i spend money on it.

there is a memory link from your past save(white to w2), serebii has lots of info on all this kind of stuff if you want specific details.

Deleted
    hmm, well, i was kinda thinking of not getting. but it's still a different story, so i might i guess. do you see other region's pokemon sooner in white 2? and the levels seem a little wonky looking on the wiki, is it harder than the first one or something?

sorry for noobing it up here... just curious and wanna know some stuff before i spend money on it.
    You can encounter other region Pokémon right from the start. The levels might seem wonky but that's because you don't start at Route 1, you start in a new town.

10+ Year Old Account

Theres a ranch which is like 2 routes and a town from where you start. You go there for the first part of the story. It has mareep, azuril, and rarely riolu's. I think some gen 5 pokemon too.

well then, i guess i'll be getting white 2. i just hope i can still buy a 2ds and x or y after i get it >.<