Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    brb just going to kill myself....spent all day catching magikarp and breeding them to get a perfect adamant splash machine QQ
    lol , i can breed you a jolly perfect one w/rattled-> moxie

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there no item clause on Pokemon Showdown?

Edit: What the hell? Somehow my post is now above yours? o_O
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

So I don't have Y yet (or a 3DS for that matter), so I've turned to using Pokemon Showdown until I can get mine. They have most of the new Pokemon up and running, including megas (though the sprites don't move like the others do).

Been messing around with a team in OU. Here it is, if you guys wanna see it, maybe give a few pointers or something. It's a bit heavy on the Dragon-type, but they're my favorites and I've been doing fairly well competitively:

1. Dragonite, with Muscle Band
    Ability: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Fire Punch
    - Waterfall
    - Outrage

2. Garchomp, with Muscle Band
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Claw
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Rush
    - Stone Edge

3. Hydreigon, with Wise Glasses
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Fire Blast
    - Surf
    - Focus Blast

4. Metagross, with Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Meteor Mash
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Brick Break
    - Frustration

5. Tyranitar, with Muscle Band
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake

6. Venusaur, with Venusaurite
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Energy Ball
    - Giga Drain
    - Grass Knot
    - Growth

Most of them are physical or special sweepers. Don't really feel the need to have any tanks or someone to do shit like Spikes and all that (don't like that playstyle). Was thinking of getting rid of a few moves (Tyranitar's Stealth Rock, few others). It seems to be a solid enough team from what it's been up against.

And Mega Venusaur is just a complete tank. So much so, it's almost not even fair. Took a few Ice Beams straight to the face from a Vaporeon and was like, "Fuck you, Giga Drain." Definitely gonna be the one I mega evolve when I get Y.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Is there no item clause on Pokemon Showdown?
    Nope. 3 of my team have a Muscle Band, so there isn't (at least in the OU class).

There are a few things though. Garchomp can't have the Sand Veil ability (raises Evasion in a Sandstorm), etc. But no item clause so far as I know, but I just started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you have 3 dragon type abilities on Garchomp and no Earthquake? Same with Venusaur. I'd replace Grass Knot with Sludge Bomb.

Can you only get one Shiny Stone in the game? I can't decide between evolving my Roselia or my Floette.

Deleted
    Doesn't choice scarf ice beam with a high SpAtt or stab oneshot 4/6 of your team?

Do you think Pokemon feel any kind of ma/paternal attachment/longing to the eggs I hatch and then send instantly to the four corners of the globe?

Nothing that a few minutes worth of yarnball catch and stuffing them full of cupcakes won't fix!

hey guys i just got my jaw fossil is it safe to save before i bring it to life or do the natures stay with the fossil?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    hey guys i just got my jaw fossil is it safe to save before i bring it to life or do the natures stay with the fossil?
    i dont believe the nature does, i didnt try because thats what breedings for :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Why do you have 3 dragon type abilities on Garchomp and no Earthquake? Same with Venusaur. I'd replace Grass Knot with Sludge Bomb.
    Yeah he really should fix the moves in general.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Can you only get one Shiny Stone in the game? I can't decide between evolving my Roselia or my Floette.
    You can farm shiny stones out of the secret super training levels. You obtain those levels by clearing regimens up to level 3 and then clearing any regimen with a fully EV trained Pokemon.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing says animal cruelty more than forcing a gold fish and a giant floating water dragon to breed with each other 0o

So, here's a hairsplitting question: If I give Eviolite to a MALE combee, does he still get the bonus from it? (Not saying that I'm going to, just something worth wondering about) because TECHNICALLY, he's at his final form...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    I'm not too sure about Naughty Absol, does Absol even use any Special Attacks? If it does, then it's alright, otherwise go Adamant with it. Scizor is doing good as Adamant, so keep it at that, either that or Jolly if you want a Speed Scizor. I'm not sure why you'd want an Impish Pinsir to begin with though, I'd prefer an Adamant one over that personally, but no big deal.
    Naughty ups Attack and lowers Sp.Defense according to Bulbapedia. That's why Naughty. Since its defense and Sp.Defense are its lowes stats. Its Sp.Attack is quite high. However, I get what you are saying. Don't lower Sp.Defense if I can lower Sp.Attack.

Still not sure on how to create a move set though. Darn smogon for not having a guide! Im also guessing pinsirs Sp.Attack is worth while? It is his absolute worst stat in mega form so I figured I would lower that and up his Defense since his base attack is already at 155.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Naughty ups Attack and lowers Sp.Defense according to Bulbapedia. That's why Naughty. Since its defense and Sp.Defense are its lowes stats. Its Sp.Attack is quite high. However, I get what you are saying. Don't lower Sp.Defense if I can lower Sp.Attack.

Still not sure on how to create a move set though. Darn smogon for not having a guide! Im also guessing pinsirs Sp.Attack is worth while? It is his absolute worst stat in mega form so I figured I would lower that and up his Defense since his base attack is already at 155.
    they make movesets for ya and explain in detail
    what are you confused on ill try to help you out

Quote Originally Posted by Apolaan View Post
    they make movesets for ya and explain in detail
    what are you confused on ill try to help you out
    As far as I can tell, they still only have the B/W stuff up. Im unable to find anything concerning X & Y. So I guess the part I am confused on is where on smogon I find the info for X & Y

As far as I can tell, they still only have the B/W stuff up. Im unable to find anything concerning X & Y. So I guess the part I am confused on is where on smogon I find the info for X & Y
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/...?prefix_id=107

Your sir Sylveon, I thank.

Your sir Sylveon, I thank.
    no problem! its all "theorying" but then again all their other stuff is theoried too. its just a little more rough, but itll give you a general idea. some of there B/w stuff is fine, but im sure some pokemon will completley change with females being able to pass egg moves now

and sweet mother of god, i just made a next to ungodly perfect honedge, 5 31's and 1 speed IV WHY GAME WHY, just 1 less speed and id be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Apolaan View Post
    no problem! its all "theorying" but then again all their other stuff is theoried too. its just a little more rough, but itll give you a general idea. some of there B/w stuff is fine, but im sure some pokemon will completley change with females being able to pass egg moves now

and sweet mother of god, i just made a next to ungodly perfect honedge, 5 31's and 1 speed IV WHY GAME WHY, just 1 less speed and id be happy
    That 1 speed won't really matter you just want to always attack second on Aegislash, correct?

I don't think I've seen anyone carry Gyroball Aegislash either.
    Hi Sephurik