Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Come on drilbur, don't make me go past 1000! You can do it!
    Where do you get that determination of yours, I usually give up after 200.

Deleted
    Sacrifice a gogoat to arceus?

Btw, beat garrosh yesterday \o/
    Something along those lines! One Pokémon would "die".

Also, congratulations!

Deleted
    The hardest part is 2000-2500. Before that I'm still quite positive-minded. After that I stop caring and am in zombiemode.

Edit: I don't do cloning/hacking/genning, you know that by now. Don't suggest it anymore please.

The hardest part is 2000-2500. Before that I'm still quite positive-minded. After that I stop caring and am in zombiemode.

Edit: I don't do cloning/hacking/genning, you know that by now. Don't suggest it anymore please.
    Zombiemode!

JUST LOL!

Deleted
    Is it faster to:
    a) cycle the day-care road, collect eggs as they appear and hatch them asap.
    or
    b) collect a bunch of eggs, store them in PC and go hatch them in Lumiose?

option a is how I've done it so far but I've started to doubt if it's the fastest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Is it faster to:
    or

option a is how I've done it so far but I've started to doubt if it's the fastest.
    I do option A and I'm fairly sure it's the quickest. Option B requires you to deposit/withdraw twice which is quite a good percentage of your egg hatching time. I think option B is viable if:
    1) You're doing 10k step eggs (like dratini, larvitar, etc). In this case both methods should be close in time effeciency.
    2) You got specific amounts of time where you can be slightly more focused, and then have something else to do while using a penny to put under your cursor for infinite cycling route. Again, doing this with low egg steps required per egg will probably not even prove worthy imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Is it faster to:
    or

I prefer option a, the back-to-back feels faster to me and is only restricted by going to the pc and releasing shit-mons and getting the new egg.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also prefer cycling on the daycare route. Having quicker turnaround makes the process feel faster (even though it's just a feeling and not backed by math.)

- - - Updated - - -

Unrelated: Boyfriend's doing the last of the battles he can in the tournament before it's over (in 30 minutes) and he just ran into a Happy Hour Inkay, I think. It's a Malamar that was in a cherish ball.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    Option A here. Collecting 5 eggs, then hitting the Hatching O-power if they are hatching slowly. Check IVs, release bad ones & deposit promising offspring, fly back to DayCare. Rinse, repeat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I also prefer cycling on the daycare route. Having quicker turnaround makes the process feel faster (even though it's just a feeling and not backed by math.)
    From a theoretical PoV, it's hard to see how having to use boxes twice would be faster. Although tbf, I'm not sure what the optimal way is to do the entire "get X eggs in boxes and then go cycling" thingie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Option A here. Collecting 5 eggs, then hitting the Hatching O-power if they are hatching slowly. Check IVs, release bad ones & deposit promising offspring, fly back to DayCare. Rinse, repeat.
    This too when I'm still in process of having to check IV's. Hatch/check them per 5. Sometimes I don't even fly to IV-checker if I see nothing nice popped up by going through their stats quick (HA, perfect lvl 1 stats, gender).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Unrelated: Boyfriend's doing the last of the battles he can in the tournament before it's over (in 30 minutes) and he just ran into a Happy Hour Inkay, I think. It's a Malamar that was in a cherish ball.
    Happy hour only works against trainers, so it's pretty much a money increase

Deleted
    Battery beat drilbur in turning red. Night all!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    No update within the hour, jez, anyone doing stuff?

How did it go Viscoe?

Score?

Haha^^ xkcd being in on the twitch-iness

Bought the Soul Silver game, looking forward to playing the remake^^

- - - Updated - - -

apparently it comes with the pokewalker, could anyone tell me what on earth this thing does?
    I've no idea what to write here.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    apparently it comes with the pokewalker, could anyone tell me what on earth this thing does?
    You put it one of your Pokemon on it, and then put it on your waist, and walk with it, I think it picks items up and gains friendship, can't remember, I lost mine.

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    Happy hour only works against trainers, so it's pretty much a money increase
    Yeah, I know, but the only way you can get Happy Hour is somehow someone was in Tokyo and got an Inkay that knew it and it came in a cherish ball. Then people could have sketched it onto Smeargles and sent them out through WT and whatnot (I have a Happy Hour Smeargle from someone on this board.) But he encountered a Malamar in a Cherish Ball, so it led me to believe it was the happy hour Inkay that was handed out in Tokyo.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    How did it go Viscoe?

Score?
    I think he ended up somewhere around 20-19 or something. Overall not bad. Didn't fight in as many battles as he could have though. Max was 60.

Overall the team worked well, but unfortunately near the end he ran into three teams abusing Mega Gengar/Arena Trap Dugtrio/Shadow Tag Wobuffet that were trapping him into Perish songs. So they'd perish song, then repeatedly swap the trapper Pokemon so it wouldn't fucking die, but he'd be trapped anyway, and he eventually lost to that one once (but beat the other two.) They also seemed to spam protect all the time. >.<

His Salamence has Dragon Pulse/Hydro Pump/Roost/Flamethrower, so we were saying that once he was able (the tourney won't let you change your battle box once you lock in) we'd swap Roost with Dragon Tail.

As far as I'm aware, he had a losing streak of like 6 battles where he just kept running into people who perfectly countered the team or something, but I wasn't present for those so I don't really know the details.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post

You put a pokemon in it from the game, and you can play minigames where you go looking for items or other pokemon. The steps you take charge up the "battery" for the minigames, and also will level your pokemon up (I believe 1 step = 1 exp.) Oh, and the more steps you have clocked, the rarer the pokemon and items you will find during the minigames.

Bulbapedia has a pretty comprehensive guide if you're interested in taking a look.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, so I should re re re rebuy Soul Silver (Ive managed to lose 3 copies during various moves and other general shenanigans) to get the ppokewalker right before I head to Disneyworld eh? SO MUCH WALKING!

Dear nintendo: You probably dont like ROMS, but the amount of money ive speant buying about 3 copies of every pokemon game you've ever made should hopefully make up for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Hmm, so I should re re re rebuy Soul Silver (Ive managed to lose 3 copies during various moves and other general shenanigans) to get the ppokewalker right before I head to Disneyworld eh? SO MUCH WALKING!

Dear nintendo: You probably dont like ROMS, but the amount of money ive speant buying about 3 copies of every pokemon game you've ever made should hopefully make up for it.
    If you have a 3DS and X/Y, I'd suggest just carrying that. I never, ever used my Pokewalker (it's in nearly mint condition right next to me) and I've never been hurt or upset by it. The rarest thing you can get from there iirc is a Surfing/Flyign Pikachu which you can't carry up to gen V or VI because you can't transfer HM moves between 4 and 5.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I know, but the only way you can get Happy Hour is somehow someone was in Tokyo and got an Inkay that knew it and it came in a cherish ball. Then people could have sketched it onto Smeargles and sent them out through WT and whatnot (I have a Happy Hour Smeargle from someone on this board.) But he encountered a Malamar in a Cherish Ball, so it led me to believe it was the happy hour Inkay that was handed out in Tokyo.

I think he ended up somewhere around 20-19 or something. Overall not bad. Didn't fight in as many battles as he could have though. Max was 60.

Overall the team worked well, but unfortunately near the end he ran into three teams abusing Mega Gengar/Arena Trap Dugtrio/Shadow Tag Wobuffet that were trapping him into Perish songs. So they'd perish song, then repeatedly swap the trapper Pokemon so it wouldn't fucking die, but he'd be trapped anyway, and he eventually lost to that one once (but beat the other two.) They also seemed to spam protect all the time. >.<

His Salamence has Dragon Pulse/Hydro Pump/Roost/Flamethrower, so we were saying that once he was able (the tourney won't let you change your battle box once you lock in) we'd swap Roost with Dragon Tail.

As far as I'm aware, he had a losing streak of like 6 battles where he just kept running into people who perfectly countered the team or something, but I wasn't present for those so I don't really know the details.

- - - Updated - - -

You put a pokemon in it from the game, and you can play minigames where you go looking for items or other pokemon. The steps you take charge up the "battery" for the minigames, and also will level your pokemon up (I believe 1 step = 1 exp.) Oh, and the more steps you have clocked, the rarer the pokemon and items you will find during the minigames.

Bulbapedia has a pretty comprehensive guide if you're interested in taking a look.
    Even though you live in the east coast, which state are you in??