Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    wait.. status effects lower stats? O_o since when?
    Only fire lowers the attack.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Only fire lowers the attack.
    Paralysis is a speed cut as well. Only poison has no extra effect, but Toxic will deal more damage over time than a burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that a part of what makes para and burn(and toxic although i dont mind that one to much) so infuriating for me is that they're permanent unlike sleep or freeze.
    And that they do more then one thing permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    I feel that a part of what makes para and burn(and toxic although i dont mind that one to much) so infuriating for me is that they're permanent unlike sleep or freeze.
    I feel like Toxic is at least balanced out a bit more. The damage ramps up considerably but you can make intelligent swaps to work around it.

Paralysis is just perma RNG and the speed drop, but at least if you have a mon that's afraid of it, you can pack something with Lightning Rod along with things like Aromatherapy. Getting burned on a physical attacker is basically GG for that mon unless you have Aromatherapy support.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-08-22 at 07:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    Yeah. I feel that if they changed it to "After two turns that the pokemon is fully paralysed, it will cure its paralysis". That way, it retains its value and stops being completely broken, plus if the enemy gets lucky and does not get the parahax, he still suffers from the reduced speed. Burn needs no changes. It's a static DoT and a drop to just Atk. Swaping, Flash Firing, Burning special attackers... these are all strategies. People need to start understanding that playing for victory undermines their fun at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zoroark setup works well:
    Aegislash was scared
    Charizard + Lucario + Aegislash
    NMUW-WWWW-WWW9-9U3L
    Shiny + Shiny + Lucario
    MB8G-WWWW-WWW9-9U3H

However i realy need to put some pp up in sucker punch.

Deleted
    Just got a master ball from lottery... Why is the jackpot prize so useless comapred to PP Max and PP Up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    Just got a master ball from lottery... Why is the jackpot prize so useless comapred to PP Max and PP Up?
    I always wanted to win the Master Ball from that, just cuz reasons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post

Its not: Perfect for shiny hunting when you dont want to fail (shiny metang for example).

So far i only got PP max and rare candy.

Btw, need some info on destiny knot for breeding. Ive read that the pokemon holding it passes down 5IV to its child, so how is it possible to not get perfect 6iv pokes when breeding a 6IV ditto and a 5 or 4IV pokemon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Destiny Knot transfers 5 random IV's from the 12 IV's to pick from the parents it cant pick the same stat twice though but worst case scenario. 6IV Ditto + 5 IV parent lacking HP. The Destiny Knot picks the random IV in Speed and takes the other 5 from the HP lacking parent = 4IV's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayFrost View Post
    Btw, need some info on destiny knot for breeding. Ive read that the pokemon holding it passes down 5IV to its child, so how is it possible to not get perfect 6iv pokes when breeding a 6IV ditto and a 5 or 4IV pokemon?
    You can get them...they are just rare.

The best way is to change a 5 iv parent after a few breeds.
    Just be sure what the npc says:
    It's definitely got some good stats. That's how I judge it. ---breed till you get this:
    This Pokémon has some fantastic stats. That's how I judge it. Then put this pokemon into breeding.
    You should have a 6 iv from araund every 100eggs.

Deleted
    It picks the 5 IV randomly from both parents, so if you breed 6IV with 4IV it might give the two nonperfect IVs from that 4IV parent, possibly making it only 3IV because the last random stat is probably not going to be perfect 31.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn I was so slow

You have 2 parents. Not one. The IVs passed down are random. In total, you have 12 ivs. 6 from the mom, and 6 from the dad. The destiny knot chooses, at random, 5 of those to pass down. The final IV will be random between 0-31. That is how its not possible. The final IV is random.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the matter of breeding, I am looking for a male Ttar/pre-evo with Dragon Dance. I have Adamant already on my Ditto so nature is irrelevant. 5-4 IVs would be preferable but I would make do with less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, Destiny Knot picks 5 out of 12? I thought it was something like 2 or 3 out of the 6 from whoever's holding the Knot. That's actually awesome when you have two high IV parents... that explains why you guys have such an easy time breeding good stuff

By the way, Ðemon, that friend of mine you helped evolve his Seadra was abusing the hell out of your Normal safari for Eevees. The lucky bastard got a bunch of females (which, as we all know, have a low as hell rate) and has all IVs covered after something like 3 or 4 captures, all of them with HA. Since he lacks a Ditto safari, he's slowly getting good IVs like that. Not to mention he got an almost perfect HA Froakie (Naive nature, whoever was breeding that was probably planning on running U-Turn), only missing Defense, from Wonder Trade. I guess RNG is compensating him for the lack of Onyxian Drake and Hammer of the Naaru on WoW

On that topic, when you pick up your 2DS, mind checking what his safari has? I'm curious about that, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Oh, Destiny Knot picks 5 out of 12? I thought it was something like 2 or 3 out of the 6 from whoever's holding the Knot. That's actually awesome when you have two high IV parents... that explains why you guys have such an easy time breeding good stuff

By the way, Ðemon, that friend of mine you helped evolve his Seadra was abusing the hell out of your Normal safari for Eevees. The lucky bastard got a bunch of females (which, as we all know, have a low as hell rate) and has all IVs covered after something like 3 or 4 captures, all of them with HA. Since he lacks a Ditto safari, he's slowly getting good IVs like that. Not to mention he got an almost perfect HA Froakie (Naive nature, whoever was breeding that was probably planning on running U-Turn), only missing Defense, from Wonder Trade. I guess RNG is compensating him for the lack of Onyxian Drake and Hammer of the Naaru on WoW

On that topic, when you pick up your 2DS, mind checking what his safari has? I'm curious about that, honestly.
    With 5 iv + 6 iv breed it kinda picks up 5 out of 6.
    Usualy is araund 30 iv 4 mons, 69 iv 5 mons and 1 iv 6 mon.
    However if you breed 6 iv + 6 iv you get 98% 5 iv and 2% 6 iv.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    With 5 iv + 6 iv breed it kinda picks up 5 out of 6.
    Usualy is araund 30 iv 4 mons, 69 iv 5 mons and 1 iv 6 mon.
    However if you breed 6 iv + 6 iv you get 98% 5 iv and 2% 6 iv.
    Still, you can keep on re-breeding until you get the intended result. It's still pretty easy, as long as you have a good starting ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Now this is a good concept for Girafarig evolution(s):

Not the best art, but good concept.

The latest two Fakemon evolutions in my collection!
    Evolutions of Girafarig!
    1) The first one is Kirinirik, the evolution in which the tail end of Girafarig's body is purged. Type: Normal/Light. Hgt: 10'11 Wgt: 228.8 lbs. Obtained by maxing Girafarig's Pokemon Amie friendship during the day. ( Kirin, the Japanese word that it's name is based off of, is the word for Giraffe in Japanese, but it is also another name for a Qilin (pronounced Chee-lyn), a 'Chinese Unicorn' in Chinese mythology, it was a deity third only to the Dragon and Phoenix. Giraffes we're thought to be a representation of a Qilin in 15th century China.)
    "Kirinirik is a very gentle and benevolent pokemon. It takes great care never to harm a single living thing, even a blade of grass. Kirinirik is feared by criminals because it is able to detect guilt. It is thought to be a symbol of luck, protection, prosperity, longevity, and fertility."
    2) The second evolution is Motsostom, the evolution in which the tail end takes over the rest of Girafarig's body. Type: Normal/Dark. Hgt: 7'05 Wgt: 274.5. Obtained by maxing Pokemon Amie friendship at night. ( I obtained the name Motsostom by playing with a palindrome of the Japanese words 'Motsu' and 'o' which mean 'Possess' and 'tail' respectively.)
    "Motsostom is far more malicious than its evolutionary counterpart. The small brain in the head on Girafarig's tail did not grow much bigger upon evolution, which means that there has been no growth in the areas of the brain that control higher cognitive functions, decision making, etc. Therefore, Motsostom is dangerous because it is almost purely driven by instinct, and doesn't care what stands in its way."