Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    now that I have better internet I wish I knew how to tell YouTube to play in HD

- - - Updated - - -

without having to click HD every time
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    now that I have better internet I wish I knew how to tell YouTube to play in HD

- - - Updated - - -

without having to click HD every time
    You cant realy...unless you use unstable addons for firefox and chrome. But they eat 800 ram easy.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    That's actually VERY interesting.
    do not like

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand love-sick Suguha. Holy crap ._.
    Why would you ever watch SAO when Database is a thing? The 2nd half of the first season was especially crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Why would you ever watch SAO when Database is a thing? The 2nd half of the first season was especially crap.
    Season 2 of Sao had the same flaw imo, first part was not bad, but after that it went down quite fast imo...
    Sao is too much about drama and not the actual games i, hence i find Log Horizon more enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account

Akward:

Too much alcohol:

Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    Season 2 of Sao had the same flaw imo, first part was not bad, but after that it went down quite fast imo...
    Sao is too much about drama and not the actual games i, hence i find Log Horizon more enjoyable.
    I have had 0 interest in watching SAO season 2 tbh, I was so disappointed by the first season.

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I built a team on Showdown. I went for UU instead of OU for now because frankly, I was finding myself unable to pick where to start. As I told Khaz yesterday, I tried my best to balance it. Haven't tested yet because I'm being unable to find battles due to some error right now.

I'll be posting it here, criticism is welcome.

Beedrill (M) @ Beedrillite
    Ability: Swarm
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Protect
    - U-turn
    - Poison Jab
    - Drill Run

Rotom (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Pain Split
    - Overheat
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-O-Wisp

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Ability: Analytic
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin

Chesnaught (M) @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Bulletproof
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Spiky Shield
    - Leech Seed
    - Spikes
    - Drain Punch

Aggron (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Rock Head
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Head Smash
    - Heavy Slam
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Timid Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Sludge Wave
    - Ice Beam
    - Stealth Rock

My thought process was: First I picked something I liked. I really like Mega Beedrill, but haven't yet had a chance to use it at all. So I took Beedrill as my first pick. Then I took Rotom-H. Reason for this pick was because this form of Rotom can take fire moves that would decimate Beedrill (along with nasty Will-O-Wisps), Levitate avoids ground moves (while not a weakness, they are commonly physical, and any physical move will turn Beedrill into a marking on the nearest wall), in addition to being able to take possible psychic moves that would hurt Beedrill badly, and resisting Flying moves.

Then I realized that I was only 2 pokemon in, and already had a huge Stealth Rock (and rock type in general) weakness. So I needed something to remove hazards. I was checking my options and noticed another personal favourite of mine had fallen to UU: Starmie. I decided to take Starmie as my Spinner, and built it to also be a threat offensively. It can also take water and psychic moves (you know... once or twice) that would hurt Beedrill and Rotom.

At this point I realized I needed something to both take physical hits, and actually resist rock type moves. I thought Chesnaught was a good pick, because its weaknesses are already covered, and it can also force some switches with Leech Seed. I thought it'd be a good idea to give it Spikes. Also thought Rocky Helmet would be a nice item for it to punish attackers, since I have recovery from Seeds and Drain Punch (STAB move).

Two more slots. At this point heck if I knew what to do. I thought I was doing pretty great covering weaknesses and such. I decided to get something that can put a colossal dent on things and break walls. So I went for our lord and savior, Choice Band Aggron. Not much to explain.

Nidoking was mostly for the same reason as Aggron, only on the Special side.

Phew, that was a long post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Damnit. The day I finally dig out my 4 years old computer case and decide to put it in good use I find out that it's 700W PSU is dead.
    What I did was that I migrated the interior of my parents's HP computer into the bigger case so that I could use better GPU with it. This computer actually has pretty good CPU and memory on it, but as per usual for the "Walmart Computers" the GPU was utterly terrible: Geforce GT 420. So I took my old case, migrated any good parts from the HP into it, plugged in a GTX 560 ti and turned it on... only to have the LEDs and fans barely starting up and the PSU whined miserably. It clearly looked like a power supply proglem, so I put the GT 420 back in, did external installation for the old 460W HP PSU and booted it again, and it worked fine.

Quess I'll have to buy a new PSU tomorrow...

So, I built a team on Showdown. I went for UU instead of OU for now because frankly, I was finding myself unable to pick where to start. As I told Khaz yesterday, I tried my best to balance it. Haven't tested yet because I'm being unable to find battles due to some error right now.

I'll be posting it here, criticism is welcome.

Beedrill (M) @ Beedrillite
    Ability: Swarm
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Protect
    - U-turn
    - Poison Jab
    - Drill Run

Rotom (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Pain Split
    - Overheat
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-O-Wisp

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Ability: Analytic
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin

Chesnaught (M) @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Bulletproof
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Spiky Shield
    - Leech Seed
    - Spikes
    - Drain Punch

Aggron (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Rock Head
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Head Smash
    - Heavy Slam
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Timid Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Sludge Wave
    - Ice Beam
    - Stealth Rock
    I love UU, it was my favorite tier in 5th gen, by far. Solid team, the only thing I would change is Starmie's ability. Analytic is nice extra damage for slower pokemon like Magnezone, but Starmie is one of the faster pokemon out there, so it won't really get any use out of it. I would take Natural Cure instead, it allows you shake of any status condition by switching out, which is great because burn and poison damage can start to rack up when combined with life orb recoil. Other than that, solid looking team.

Two more slots. At this point heck if I knew what to do. I thought I was doing pretty great covering weaknesses and such. I decided to get something that can put a colossal dent on things and break walls. So I went for our lord and savior, Choice Band Aggron. Not much to explain.
    But Lord Helios i BL though

10+ Year Old Account
    I love UU, it was my favorite tier in 5th gen, by far. Solid team, the only thing I would change is Starmie's ability. Analytic is nice extra damage for slower pokemon like Magnezone, but Starmie is one of the faster pokemon out there, so it won't really get any use out of it. I would take Natural Cure instead, it allows you shake of any status condition by switching out, which is great because burn and poison damage can start to rack up when combined with life orb recoil. Other than that, solid looking team.

But Lord Helios i BL though
    Yeah, I considered Natural Cure, but I thought Analytic worked on switches.

There are many saviors. It's just that some are in different tiers <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydn2F2Xis4U

But yeah model cliping sucks. Happens every time you use modded models.
    The clipping on the Zinnia video could've been easily avoided if the creator would have bothered to edit the dance animation to work better with Zinnia's model. Now it looks like the creater only imposted existing animationfile into the model and pressed Render.

Deleted
    Delta Episode abridged.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Delta Episode abridged.

Cept she couldn't. It fell to us to master Rayquaza's power and save the day. All she did was spout exposition that anyone who saw the mega evolution special already knew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The clipping on the Zinnia video could've been easily avoided if the creator would have bothered to edit the dance animation to work better with Zinnia's model. Now it looks like the creater only imposted existing animationfile into the model and pressed Render.
    Or had no XP in it.

Ok....i laughed so hard (nsfw):

Deleted
    Cept she couldn't. It fell to us to master Rayquaza's power and save the day. All she did was spout exposition that anyone who saw the mega evolution special already knew.
    In games, it's thanks to her that we can even explore this MegaRayquaza option. Obviously she couldn't do everything herself because this would leave nothing for us to do. :P

And I didn't watch that ep yet so I loved the part she played in the story.
    One of the best characters, in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Or had no XP in it.

[IMG]http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/884/348/731.png[IMG]

Ok....i laughed so hard (nsfw):
    [video=youtube;VQ7iTnZoUGI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ7iTnZoUGI[video]
    [video=youtube;_aCkyMXrLFw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aCkyMXrLFw[video]

[video=youtube;_IYhWMcorVE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IYhWMcorVE[video]
    Actually the thing MegAggron could borrow from MegaSteelix would be better special stats distribution. Less SpAtk, more SpDef.

Deleted
    Great comic. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Whoa, watched other pictures from the same artist.

Hairless Gardevoir. oO
    What has been seen cannot be unseen.