Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Well, that was unexpected, was hatching growlithes at around 4am for more fast ball growlithes, and the second egg in I finally get my first shiny that wasn't from GTS, Wondertrade or trades, woo!

http://imgur.com/1xKPxS6
    Gratz...sometimes it takes 10.000 eggs
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    got 3 within 2 days (2 honedges and a cleffa) a while ago (all were imperfect with 4 ivs)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Fan made. Smogon, specifically. You don't have to follow their rules if you don't want to, unless you agree to that before battling the other person. It does make for a more balanced game, but a lot of people don't like it because of reasons. Up to you to choose if you do or not. They ban certain things that make the game "braindead" to play, such as Evasion/Accuracy moves, putting more than one enemy pokemon to sleep, using OHKO moves, and a few other more specific things that'd take more time to explain (Swagger clause, Baton Pass clause, I think that's all).

For double battles though, I highly suggest you follow the official VGC format.
    ... baton pass clause? Thats kind of new isnt it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Why thank you wasn't even going for a shiny, nor do I have the Shiny Charm o__o. Just need to fetch me a red shard for a firestone
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayFrost View Post
    ... baton pass clause? Thats kind of new isnt it?
    Somewhat. I think it came about when everyone and their mother started running teams with Baton Pass everywhere to stack up multiple stat boosts. Not just the kind one would normally do, stacking up two or three stats and then proceed to sweep. Literally stacking Calm Minds, Iron Defense, Speed Boost, everything you can imagine. Your pokemon is threatened by something? No problem, just Baton Pass all the boosts that are about to go to waste into something else.

I honestly didn't even know about it until one day I glanced at the clauses on the battle text. I've never been a fan of teams focused on Baton Passing boosts as its main strategy, so I never even knew anything until it happened. Now you're limited to one Baton Pass per team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

You also forgot "Endless Battle Clause"

Can you believe I've heard people complain about?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    You also forgot "Endless Battle Clause"

Can you believe I've heard people complain about?!
    Forgot that one.

And yes, I've seen people defending that with the argument that you can just run Taunt or whatever.

Gee, I can run Ice moves on half of my team, better go ahead and unban Rayquaza from Ubers while we're at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    I need a battle maison team.. badly. I was thinking of an Mega Gyrados.

A Darkened Blimp

- Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge / Return / Ice Fang
    Item Attached: Gyaradosite
    Ability: Mold Breaker (Intimidate on Gyarados)
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature

Is it any good? Any i don't need Special Attack right? So an 5 IV Hp,Att,Def, Spec Def, Speed is good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I need a battle maison team.. badly. I was thinking of an Mega Gyrados.

A Darkened Blimp

- Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge / Return / Ice Fang
    Item Attached: Gyaradosite
    Ability: Mold Breaker (Intimidate on Gyarados)
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature

Is it any good? Any i don't need Special Attack right? So an 5 IV Hp,Att,Def, Spec Def, Speed is good?
    Consider having one with Crunch in the last slot. STAB and all that shit. Anyway, yeah you don't need SpA at all.

Really cool and super huge image on how pokemon actually evolved:
    http://i.imgur.com/jl8dIpK.jpg

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty cool and super huge image at the same time lol

Kudos for including the "Humans are Pokemon" theory in that tree. Unfortunately there's no way to determine how accurate it is. People turning into pokemon make things complicated, for example, kadabra apparently evolved from humans if the pokedex is to be believed. Also Yamask, Trevenant, and possibly Spiritomb are literally just dead humans (again, if the pokedex is to be believed). Of course if the pokedex is to be believed then Magcargo is impossible to catch due to being vaporized long before you get close enough to throw a pokeball, so who knows.

Regardless of accuracy, still pretty cool to see.
    Friend Code: 0232-9398-7407
    IGN - Dasir

Deleted
    People Haters say there are too many Pokemon.

Meanwhile I love the variety their numbers bring. The world finally begins to feel populated and diversified enough.

Let's hope for the best.

why is scizor considered a cricket, gliscor an arachnid, giratina a beetle, garchomp a fish and golem, slowbro and mawile close to being lizards? O.o
    Also, I love what they did in the marsupials section with kanghaskan

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post

Let's hope for the best.
    Fingers crossed
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post

Let's hope for the best.
    Good deal!

So what's everyone's bets? Are you thinking brand new title, expansion title a la Pokemon Z, or reboot title seeing as 2016 is the 20th anniversary?

My money is on Pokemon Z featuring Mega Zygarde.

10+ Year Old Account
    £5 bet that it's Pokemon Z or a teaser for a possible Gen 7 (the latter being highly doubtful)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

New pokemon game coming? I need to go finish ORAS. I finally have a little bit of extra time.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Deleted
    I just hope 1 thing. That they learned from XYORAS and fixed the lagg in battles (When 3D is on)

I just finished up ORAS last week and as I was playing around I stumbled across a shiny male murkrow while flying around in the sky. He's so...pink.
    Useless nature though. Oh well.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!