15+ Year Old Account

Addon that automatically say something based on a Timer

I found alot of addons that can randomsay stuff but all are based on you pressing a macrokey.
    I'm looking for some sort of addon that would randomly say something in for example guildchat and based on a timer (ie. I dont have to press some macrokey)

Anyone know of such an addon, that does gchat, /say, /yell or something.
    Just anything and I guess I will be able to edit it to how I want it.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2011-09-09 at 11:47 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

How about Broker_TolBarad? It automatically announces Tol Barad battles to guild chat based on when the next battle is scheduled.

pretty sure any addon like that would get broken by blizzard to prevent spamming.
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm will check Broker up.

Was too much to edit on the TB one.
    Need more tips
    Last edited by Bakis; 2011-09-09 at 12:50 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    If you don't mind Lua config:
    Code:
    local timeRepeatMin = 300 -- message frequency in seconds, minimum
    local timeRepeatMax = 300 -- message frequency in seconds, maximum
    local channel = "GUILD" -- channel to send to
    local messages  = {
        "message 1",
        "message 2",
        "message 3",
        -- add more as needed
    }
    CreateFrame("Frame"):SetScript("OnUpdate",function(self,elapsed)
        self.timer = (self.timer or math.random(timeRepeatMin, timeRepeatMax))-elapsed
        if self.timer <= 0 then
            self.timer = self.timer + math.random(timeRepeatMin, timeRepeatMax)
            SendChatMessage(messages[math.random(1,#messages)],channel)
        end
    end)
    How to use. Untested. Report back with issues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Treeston, will follow the linked guide and do it in a bit