Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Speculation on Paladin T13

So now that T13 warrior preview has been released, ( I loved it), what do you think our T13 will look like and which direction will Blizard developers take this time? I just want to know what's your opinion, whether you think its going to be a kilt or normal legs? etc.
    Personally I would like to see another kilt, but it should clearly show that its plate, which both reflects our class, the holy warrior, and the encounter which we will be dealing with ( Death Chin). Keep this civil.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be a polished T2 like Armor.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Could be a polished T2 like Armor.
    I really think that t12 was their attempt at a return to a t2-ish like armor.

I'm just hoping for pants. I want me some pants.

Plate hood without a mask would be nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Considering that the Mask is the ONLY part of the hood that is really plate, i can't see that working too well.

All the sets are looking very .... dragony to me. So I am thinking it might be just that only lighter colored. Really paladins have been a hard one to figure out themes of this entire expansion compared to previous. Vanilla and BC were all about being a hood ornament, LK was straight up holy vengeance with a stop off in generic town for the ToC and Cat has been very enemy-thematic.

So really it comes down to what boss do you think we'll skin?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    All the sets are looking very .... dragony to me. So I am thinking it might be just that only lighter colored. Really paladins have been a hard one to figure out themes of this entire expansion compared to previous. Vanilla and BC were all about being a hood ornament, LK was straight up holy vengeance with a stop off in generic town for the ToC and Cat has been very enemy-thematic.

So really it comes down to what boss do you think we'll skin?
    true, really t11 had nothing to do with the current tier as far as im concerned, my bet for 4.3 is a fiery-ish one similiar to t12 just diffrent models but with the same fiery-holy look to it.

Deleted
    Im putting my money on pants. if you take it back to the beginning of wrath its been alternating every tier.
    as to what it will look like, no idea what other encounters there will be, and where they will be set, we already know the DW encounter will take place in stages from wyrmrest to the maelstrom, but what else is in the raid? hoping it makes me smile like the t12 did when i first saw it

Quote Originally Posted by Khargillian View Post
    Considering that the Mask is the ONLY part of the hood that is really plate, i can't see that working too well.
    No, I literally meant a Cloth Hood without a mask, with a Plate proficiency tag - if they ask how.. a Sorcerer did it.
    Just so we can Mog it into things, have you seen how good the Absolution Set Look-alike hood fits many of the pally sets?

Looking at how warrior T13 was themed after the dragons and warlock's after the Faceless Ones, it'd make sense to presume that they are taking (in)famous WoW races or creatures and assigning one vaguely similar class, in concept or feel at least, to each of those.

Following this logic then, I wouldn't be surprised if paladin T13 would be themed after lions(A) or blood hawks(H).
    Of course there won't be a different variation depending on your faction, but you get the idea.

Better yet, how about Naaru?

Reply with what races or creature types you think will best suit paladins!

hell yes it would!

I want to see kilts that aren't totally covering the legs.... like the portrayal they did for Judge Malthred action figure

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I literally meant a Cloth Hood without a mask, with a Plate proficiency tag - if they ask how.. a Sorcerer did it.
    Just so we can Mog it into things, have you seen how good the Absolution Set Look-alike hood fits many of the pally sets?
    If it's classified as plate, it's plate. You won't be able to transmogrify it to anything other than other plate helms.

I'm honestly not sure what we'll have this time around. I just hope we don't have "the chin" that warriors got.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

I know this Hitsu.. Plate = Plate, etc - My point was that it looks great indeed but is not viable at all since it's well, cloth.
    Was more of an example based on looks.

If it worked I wouldn't be hoping for what I described, ergo, a Cloth Hood without a mask, of Plate proficiency (a sorcerer did it >.>) would be really handy.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2011-09-09 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Mojo View Post
    true, really t11 had nothing to do with the current tier as far as im concerned, my bet for 4.3 is a fiery-ish one similiar to t12 just diffrent models but with the same fiery-holy look to it.
    Well fire is rather in keeping with the holy cleansing type motif, but I'm thinking we need to take into consideration all the monsters that could be associated with deathwing. Which could be rather hard.

I mean look at T12, they pretty much had to just make something up to fit the paladin theme. Although warriors have been the only real slam-dunk for themes where it just fits directly with hollowing out whatever mob we're fighting after making it put the lotion on its skin.

So really given all that, I predict .....

PIRATE THEME!

Yes, that's right. Paladin T13, we're gonna look like a pirate ship.

Just remember, you heard it here first!

10+ Year Old Account
    I envision it as heavily Alexstrasza/Red Dragonflight-themed. Paladin is usually placed as the righteous healer opposed to the evils of the world, and the Reds are inevitably the righteous protectors opposed to the Blacks / Scourge / other threats.

There will be skirts. There will be flames. There may or may not be tiaras ...

Deleted
    there will be 90% transmo t2 palas anyways

so yeah, who cares

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    PIRATE THEME!

Yes, that's right. Paladin T13, we're gonna look like a pirate ship.

Just remember, you heard it here first!
    I can already see a shipwreck bow pointing out of the right hand side shoulder, and a Jolly Roger tied on the left. A mast hanging on our back, similiar to WC3 Blademaster flag. LOVE IT.

Im wondering if they wont give pallies, druids and possibly mages and ???? aspect like armors, druids of course looking like Ysera.

But with the war & warlock t13 it looks they they are modeling them after villains then maybe a Val'kyr look or something like Kologarn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    I envision it as heavily Alexstrasza/Red Dragonflight-themed. Paladin is usually placed as the righteous healer opposed to the evils of the world, and the Reds are inevitably the righteous protectors opposed to the Blacks / Scourge / other threats.

There will be skirts. There will be flames. There may or may not be tiaras ...
    I'm on board with this (except, y'know, it's a kilt. and maybe not the tiara...).

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzna View Post
    there will be 90% transmo t2 palas anyways

so yeah, who cares
    I think that's part of the challenge now. The art team is going to have to make really awesome stuff so that people will want to use the new sets.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Whatever it is, it's gonna be ugly. We only get one decent Tier per expansion and T12 was it. Sorry folks. Gonna have to wait 4 more tiers until we get something that you don't Transmogrify right out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsurugi View Post
    I think that's part of the challenge now. The art team is going to have to make really awesome stuff so that people will want to use the new sets.
    I dunno. I think they just lost their incentive to excel. I mean, hell, they've already started with the, "Well, if you don't like it, just change it" and Transmogrification's not even out yet.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...86828?page=1#5
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2011-09-09 at 06:03 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.