Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but The Bucket List really got to me. Of course Up, Toy Story 3, The Lion King are all good ones that bring a tear to the eye too. Heck, I even get a lump in my throat watching Beauty and the Beast. Damn you Disney/Pixar!
    I found In Bruges to be quite emotional at points too.
    Thinking about it, I was a bit misty eyed watching Kill Bill vol. 2 as well, when
    *BIG FAT SPOILER*
    she is reunited with her daughter.

I think I must be a softy at heart?
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    The Notebook, awesome film!

Deleted
    do you mind watching japanese movies with subtitles? 'Taiyou no uta' is to date the only movie that made me cry(not to brag, I just have a hard time building an emotional connection with movie characters)

Deleted
    Into the Wild
    Gladiator
    Up
    The Wackness
    Pay it Forward
    Everybody's fine

Suppose that's it from the top of my head.

Sunshine
    Slumdog Millionaire
    The Pianist
    Last edited by manlykitty; 2011-09-12 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    How about, Boys don't cry. Weird movie, but also pretty sad in the end.

We were Soldiers. A few parts of the movie teared me up and im usually never affected by it

The only movie that actually made me cry was Radio I know strange lol. Now on the other hand anime makes me tear up ALOT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlily View Post
    Here's a few that always make me cry...

1. The Fall (2006)

2. Big Fish (2003)

3. Angus (1995)

4. Garden State (2004)

5. Forest Gump (1994)

6. The Princess Bride (1987)

7. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (2000)

8. Finding Nemo (2003)

9. Lost in Translation (2003)

10. E.T. (1982)

Enjoy! :*)
    How in the HELL I forgot "It's a Wonderful Life" (1946)!!!
    "Silkwood" (1983)
    "Terms of Endearment" (1983)
    "Charlotte's Web" (1973)
    "Tristan & Isolde" (2006)
    "Mask" (1985) no, NOT the Jim Carrey movie!
    and if you don't mind subtitles, "Like Water for Chocolate" (1992)

Deleted
    I'm going to suggest something different from a movie.
    It's called a Visual Novel. It's basically a crossover between a book and a movie that you can play on your pc, and make decisions throughout to affect the plot. Since these things are much longer than a 90 minute movie, i found myself to get connected and involved far more with the characters over time than with a movie.
    One in perticular has made me shed many manly tears. No, screw that, i cried like a girl, over and over, like my eyes were conjuring a dangerous tsunami that would engulf the western hemisphere. ''Muv Luv'' is what it's called. http://erogedownload.com/downloads/muv-luv/.

It's a trilogy and gets increasingly sadder and exciting each episode. The first one is NOTHING like the third, one makes you get connected to your friends and learn the differences in their characters through joyful, funny, and sad times, and the the others just shatters everything, keeping you swinging wildly between depression and mania. The only movie i remember crying about was E.T when i was about 10 years old, but this game right here...i didnt ever expect sobbing so hard when i first loaded it up. The third one has a length of ~50 hours, so yeah, a lot of stuff happens. Even some sex, but thats what happens between two people that love eachother, it also gets explained as something story related in a smart fashion, its also extremely sporadic and easily skippable. I cringed more at random sex scenes in about half of all hollywood movies. Recommended if you feel like reading a long, sad book over time with voice acting and emotional music.

Have you seen Empire of the Sun yet?

It's not so much of a movie as it's a documentary. But if you want something to wreck your emotions watch Dear Zachary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    First 10 mins or so of Up. If you don't cry science has proven you have no soul.
    Guess I have no soul then

Deleted
    A Perfect World, that damn ending gets me every time.

Deleted
    Although it is a Dutch movie, 'Komt een vrouw bij de dokter' managed to tear me up (which happens rarely), very powerful I must say and a must see.

But seeing as you probably want to view a movie in English, here are some that will probably do the job:

- The Neverending Story
    - The Green Mile
    - House of Sand and Fog
    - Stand by Me

August Rush Great movie, you'll have happy tears by the end of it.

Some good ones suggested.

My favorite 'time to cry' movie is The Cure with Joseph Mazzello and Brad Renfro.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112757/

I recently saw the film version of The Crucible and enjoyed it very much. Like so many films, it's sad in the fact that it was based on the lives (and deaths) of real people though Miller of course, took a few liberties in writing the play.

While I am Legend is good and I like Will Smith, I actually prefer the original Last Man on Earth with Vincent Price