Am I just not cut out for a fast food job?

My best friend of 7 years hooked me up with my first job and I started about 2 weeks ago. It's a fast food place, and honestly I can't stand it. I really didn't think it was going to be that bad. I'm really slow, and I can't remember anything, and when it gets busy I get so confused and I don't know what the hell is going on so my trainer has to come step in for me because it just overwhelms me. I can never really understand anyone over the drive thru headset when I'm taking orders because I think I might have a slight hearing problem, I mean no one else has any problems with it, so I have to ask them to repeat it a lot usually.
    I get yelled at all the time for forgetting things because my memory is horrible, and being unable to multitask, like I really can't do it, every time I try I just forget what I'm supposed to be doing or make a bunch of mistakes.

What do I do? I don't want to make my bestfriend hate me and look bad at work if I just quit like that, and I don't want my family to be disappointed in me, but seriously lately I've been thinking of just breaking my leg on purpose or something, or hurting myself so I won't have to go into work.
    I mean if I do quit, I'm just going to no call no show, I won't be able to handle the shame of calling to tell them I quit, or giving 2 weeks notice.

If I stick it out will it get easier, or am I just not cut out for the fast food industry?

My first job working at Gamestop was just the same way. After about a month I really got the hang of things and even enjoyed going to work. In my opinion you probably haven't worked there long enough to decide if you are cut out for it or not and you are just stressing over learning how to work your first job.

Use the Lebron James technique.

On a serious note, it's just not your type of job. You can't blame yourself basically.
    'murica

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like its not for u. Start looking for a job u like more while u work there, dont quit before u have something new.
    Unemployment should be avoided + it will be good motivation to find something better. Wouldnt wrry about ur friend i doubt he will really care all that much if u quit a shitty job

youll get more used to it and more comfortable as time passes. i just kept thinking about what i was going to buy with the money i made that day and that got me motivated. are you getting enough sleep? get some coffee from your restaurant. however the hearing problem is kind of worrying me

Deleted
    Find another job ASAP,
    Soon as you get it, ditch the Fast food Job saying the new one pays better, if your friend really is a friend he will understand your reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by skrillexx View Post
    My best friend of 7 years hooked me up with my first job and I started about 2 weeks ago. It's a fast food place, and honestly I can't stand it. I really didn't think it was going to be that bad. I'm really slow, and I can't remember anything, and when it gets busy I get so confused and I don't know what the hell is going on so my trainer has to come step in for me because it just overwhelms me. I can never really understand anyone over the drive thru headset when I'm taking orders because I think I might have a slight hearing problem, I mean no one else has any problems with it, so I have to ask them to repeat it a lot usually.
    I get yelled at all the time for forgetting things because my memory is horrible, and being unable to multitask, like I really can't do it, every time I try I just forget what I'm supposed to be doing or make a bunch of mistakes.

What do I do? I don't want to make my bestfriend hate me and look bad at work if I just quit like that, and I don't want my family to be disappointed in me, but seriously lately I've been thinking of just breaking my leg on purpose or something, or hurting myself so I won't have to go into work.
    I mean if I do quit, I'm just going to no call no show, I won't be able to handle the shame of calling to tell them I quit, or giving 2 weeks notice.

If I stick it out will it get easier, or am I just not cut out for the fast food industry?
    you're just not mature enough to do what you don't wanna do

you'll realize one day that life is mainly doing what you don't want to do on a daily basis. it's why you'll use prozac

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post

you'll realize one day that life is mainly doing what you don't want to do on a daily basis. it's why you'll use prozac
    its basically this.

If you are going to quit, at least call in ahead of time. If you do not, you are just punishing your fellow coworkers.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post

I also agree with this.

As for the no call no show? That again shows how immature you are. Have some decency, it may be a fast food joint but it's still a business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never quit a job unless you have another job lined up so once you quit you can go right into another job. Trust me, my friend learned this the hard way. He's been looking for a job for almost a year now after he quit. Be lucky you got one, even if its one you don't like.

Sounds like you're bad at everything.
    Stick it out at the fast food place... No other job is easier.

I myself was amazing and destroyed my co-workers when I worked in fast food. They worked there for 20+ years. I worked there for 1. After one month I was better than them in every way. Speed. Accuracy. Customer care. Etc.

Some people are bad at everything (my co-workers in every job I've had). Some people are good at everything (me). Some people are unfortunately made of a different cloth. Not all cloth is used to polish diamonds. Some is used to wipe fecal matter.

Maybe one day you will be able to give someone a burger that someone else made for you. Maybe one day it will make you proud of your skill.

You have three options.

1. Work towards being skilled enough to give someone a burger.
    2. Cheat the system and get government handouts paid for by hard working individuals.
    3. Die.

Good luck

Honestly with the possible hearing problem and unable to deal with pressure you have two options. Learn to do deal with them and do your job or you can quit. Personally I think you may just be scared as it is your first job and may just be putting pressure on yourself. But if it doesnt get better in a couple weeks id say the job isnt for you.

This is only going to draw in trolling.

If you're going to quit, give a 2 week's notice. No call, no show is a very shitty thing to do to an employer.