Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Healing Styles and addons you use

Hey guys, I'm just wondering how most of you guys heal as H pallies? Recently I was talking to my guild about how I heal and I told them that I use a combo of grid and keyboard/Naga mouse to which they all started laughing at me saying it was a terrible way to heal (no I don't keyboard turn :P) but i've been healing like that for years and years. They tried to set me up with Vudho earlier so that depending on what button I click on my mouse depends on what heal I cast but it just felt totally and utterly wrong. The best way to liken it to myself is going from a manual car to an automatic. I just felt like I had no control over my healing and as a result my BH run my healing was epic fail and because it's such a strange way for me to heal I OOM'd myself which normally dosn't happen lol

So yeah, how do other H Pallies normally heal? what addons do you use? is grid really "Garbage" like my guild claim it is and have you been told to change your healing style before? if so how'd you go? For me it was terrible. I sucked badly and it stressed me out. I don't wanna heal a 5man with Vudho let alone Ragnaros on Sunday! I'm sure it all comes down to practice and i'm aware it's the most efficient way to heal but it just feels wrong for me...

Alternatively does anyone have any tips on getting used to using an addon like Vudho/Healbot for healing?

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Deleted
    I'm using healbot, I find it extremely easy to configure and it isn't really missing anything I can think of needing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using Clique with the ElvUI raid frames.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done a whole lot of end game healing, but I really like Grid and Mouseover Macros. There just aren't enough buttons on a mouse and it's easy to press the wrong button if you aren't using keybinds in my opinion. The DPS all use keybinds, and I find myself moving less as a healer than any other role, so using keys is even more so justified.

Most people would agree that moving with your mouse is the best/fastest way to do that, so if you don't have heals on keys, you are either moving inefficiently or not healing while you move. Personally I would say give other methods a shot in 5 man normals/heroics, but if you are not liking the feel of it in a heroic than don't go further with it.
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Grid with mouseover macros, it works great for me. Grid can be a bitch to set propperly up if you wanna see the CDs other use. E.g Pain Sub on tank, but when you know how to do it, you can do it in sleep

Deleted
    Not a pally but Vudho beats all it really does, no need for mouse overs, easy to add extra warning and debuffs that people have, its made for healers.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried them all, and personally I find Grid to be the best. Using Grid with mouseover macros and Clique
    Noca, Holy Paladin

I don't really heal anymore with my paladin, but when I did I used grid and mouseover macros. Now when I'm healing on my shaman I use Blizzards raid frames and mouseover macros. There is no better healing UI! You see all debuffs you need to see, you see when you can dispell them and so on!

yea I keep hearing alot about these mouse over macro's I might try and look them up. I really love grid have been using it for years and like how it works. Clique i'm not a fan of as the damn thing would always break at a critical moment which if i'm 2 healing Ragnaros you cannot afford to have your addons screw up at all.

I might have to go and look them up to see how they work. Vudho I can foresee killing my love of healing. That's how much I did not enjoy using it. I'm sure it's all practice however. Even so I don't want to lose grid

stand blizz raid frames, no clique etc. none of that junk =p

15+ Year Old Account
    I've used nothing but grid and mouseover macros since tbc wouldn't do it any other way anymore

If i have to step in as healer, i use the standard raid frames with mouseover macros;P
    But i also never heal anything harder than lich king normal

Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    stand blizz raid frames, no clique etc. none of that junk =p
    lol t hat's how I heal to a degree only I use grid. I see someone that needs healing I click em then press on my keyboard the button that the heal is on so for example person1 needs healing. Click em in grid press 1 for divine light and it heals them. Person 2 only needs a little healing, click them in grid press 3 for holy shock, it heals them then go to whoever else needs healing.

Supposedly an extremely inefficent way to heal but it works best for me and I healed 12/12 last tier and 7/7 this one as well as H shannox so it can't be THAT bad. But alas. Gotta keep the guild happy so I shall try their method

Grid + keybinds (only mousover for dispelling). all the way since i had to play a resto shamy in the start of wrath. never had any problems. vudoh might be a more visual and "comfortable" addon, once its fully configured, but the way to this is, for me atleast, a bit too heavy with all the option you got. Tho I can setup Grid within 2 mins to everything I need if the lua got fucked.
    So its just a matter of playstyle and the looks you like. Its up to you. If you heal top notch with your actualy way then no one should force you got use anything else just cuz they read an article on the webz about how awesome it is.
    Bring the player and not the addon!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    lol t hat's how I heal to a degree only I use grid. I see someone that needs healing I click em then press on my keyboard the button that the heal is on so for example person1 needs healing. Click em in grid press 1 for divine light and it heals them. Person 2 only needs a little healing, click them in grid press 3 for holy shock, it heals them then go to whoever else needs healing.

Supposedly an extremely inefficent way to heal but it works best for me and I healed 12/12 last tier and 7/7 this one as well as H shannox so it can't be THAT bad. But alas. Gotta keep the guild happy so I shall try their method

This is how it works with mouseover macros though you dont have to acctually click their unitframe in grid just hold your mouse over it while pressing your heal

Ok so I looked at Mouseover macros... I must be stupid or something because I don't understand. Basically it's

/target mouseover
    /cast Divine Light

right? so basically it's exactly the same way as I currently heal only I don't click the target and press 1, i just move my mouse over them and press 1 and it selects them for me without the click? or am I totally and utterly confused and reading the wrong things? lol

I use Xperl. thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Ok so I looked at Mouseover macros... I must be stupid or something because I don't understand. Basically it's

/target mouseover
    /cast Divine Light

right? so basically it's exactly the same way as I currently heal only I don't click the target and press 1, i just move my mouse over them and press 1 and it selects them for me without the click? or am I totally and utterly confused and reading the wrong things? lol
    Or if you don't want to loose your primary target:
    /cast [@mouseover] Divine Light

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raanegaw View Post
    Or if you don't want to loose your primary target:
    /cast [@mouseover] Divine Light
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,exists,nodead,help]Divine Light;Divine Light

this is how my mouse over macros looks like