Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ShottyMcShot View Post
    There's topping charts and there's topping charts.
    Your top parses do say a lot about you, but the other noticeable thing is the only consistently ranked player other than yourself is druke. This also says a lot about the healers you heal with. Top healing parses are all well and good, but usually require cheese to some degree. Be it 3 healing normal rag, or going back after the content is no longer current and using t12 to do it. Sinestra requires you to cheese if you wish to parse well. Yes you do have a lot of nice parses, but you also have a lot of not current and cheesed parses. I'm not saying you didn't have #1 parses before they got overridden by other people, but flaunting parses for ulduar-t11 that have dates from august 2011 is just in bad taste.

Healing with 2 actions vs 1 has almost no downside, other than it requiring 2 actions vs 1. Koilie is also a priest, there are a lot more abilities they need keybound to use click->heal, I still use vuhdo's mouse over features on my priest.

Atleast 2 out of the 7 healers we rotate in and out use the click then cast style healing and have no problems. The only problem I've had was while learning the style I was accidentally healing someone other than who I was moused over.

Tandoor of Something Novel

man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

Deleted
    I'm using Healbot for quite a while now. I found it pretty easy to configure, and nice to heal with.

Quote Originally Posted by s8mpurye View Post
    I've switched to click and then keybind heal at the start of 4.2, by far superior to healing style's like your trying to push on people. I used to love just using left/right mouse click+modifiers, and i used to love mouseover macro's, until I realized I couldnt mouse turn and cast my heals at the same time. Being able to heal on the move is huge and you have to be pretty fail to click with your left hand before your right in those close call scenario's.
    1) As someone already pointed out you can still target the one you want to heal with mouseover macros if you do need to move (the only situation where this might be needed is alysrazor if the birdie survives until the tornado phase).
    2) I really can't see how not targetting the boss as a paladin would be good.... you're basically forced to swap targets all the time and can't see self buffs on the boss (like happy timer for birdies on alysrazor)

Deleted
    I use standard raid frames, no clique or healbot... In fact, the only relevant addon i use is Deadly Boss Mods.

Personally, I think it's the best way to heal. The way Healers should heal. If I had a nickel for every time my group wiped because one of the other Healer's addons bugged out... Let's just say that I'd have a ton of nickels.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always used Mouse over Macro healing after BC. I never found it really difficult to heal people since I focused on moving my mouse over their portrait in group or raid.

I play both a disc priest and a holy pally, and my healing set up is pretty similar to the OP's: Naga+ Grid + Decursive.
    I have given VuhDo a whirl, but it generally just resulted in me tripping over my own feet and, like mouseover macros, generally slowed down my reaction time. In my opinion, to each their own (granted you aren't clicking... >.>).
    If you pull your weight, they shouldn't even be bothering. You play how you are used to playing, and thats the best way to maximize your effective heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lihonessa View Post
    I use standard raid frames, no clique or healbot... In fact, the only relevant addon i use is Deadly Boss Mods.

Personally, I think it's the best way to heal. The way Healers should heal. If I had a nickel for every time my group wiped because one of the other Healer's addons bugged out... Let's just say that I'd have a ton of nickels.
    Uhm from what I can tell the blizzard raidframes bug out more often than other raid frames (especially if you happen to have a disconnect in a fight)

Keybinds + blizz standard UI, like a baws

Deleted
    Grid + Clique

Deleted
    Grid + Mouseover Macros.
    Powerauras for Buffs/Debuffs
    BOLT for Beacon and Judgement
    Pallypower for not wasting tons of space on my bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    2) I really can't see how not targetting the boss as a paladin would be good.... you're basically forced to swap targets all the time and can't see self buffs on the boss (like happy timer for birdies on alysrazor)
    As holy that's not really something you need to see. People display a lot more information than is required and that actually just goes back to what koilie was saying about the requirements of a clean ui to perform well.

Pretty much the only things we need to see this tier: timer for seeds on heroic rag, timer for the buff on rageface and the timer for the duration of decimation blade. Otherwise not targeting the boss is easily taken care of with focus target.

Tandoor of Something Novel

man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

Deleted
    Grid + mousouver macros + some adds-on grid like grid side icons and stuff like that

Ultimately, healing well, after you develop the basic skill set you need to do it, depends entirely on using a setup you're comfortable with. I personally just use the built-in UI, bind everything I need to easy to reach keys, and have a few shift-mod macros for infrequently used spells (some Hand spells, interrupts, etc.)

Changing your style, while it may be better in the end, is just going to make your life worse in the short term, and, assuming you're comfortable with your current setup, won't likely gain you much of anything in the long run either.

Deleted
    Couple of mouseover macros, grid, pitbull, and weakaura for cooldown-tracking. I don't use Clique, since you have to make a choise between rotating you char or doing more hps.

I use grid but don't use any mouseover macros.

Deleted
    Playing prot mainspec, but have healed fights like Baleroc hc when our shaman wasn't available.

I personally preffer mouseover macros and either grid or default raidframes - clique/vuhdo isn't my kind of thing

I use no macros, clique + ouf (CyUI version) works perfectly for me.

Deleted
    I'm using Elvui + Clique with a combination of mouseovers and click-healing. Some macros thrown in for good measure.

Tukui_Filger for cooldown/buff etc. tracking. Awesome addon if you can put the time in to configure it to your liking.

Mouseover healing (be it from using clique or vuhdo or just plain mouseover macros) is definitely the way to go if you want to maximize performance, if you just want to do "good enough" then it doesn't really make much of a difference. Personally I used to heal with click target > cast > click next target a long time ago and after after I swapped over to mouseovers it was a huge difference not just in hps and reaction time but also in how enjoyable healing is.

I've used Grid+mouseover macros for all my healers since Wrath. Before that I tried Vuhdo and other non-healer oriented unit frames. I didn't like the appearance of Vuhdo enough to keep it. Also, I have a Razer Naga and have all the buttons assigned.