Is this CPU good enough for these games?

I know some of these games are not out yet, but I just wanted to know if my PC lives up to the games releasing soon. I paid 600 dollars (budget) for this built myself and just want an idea if it can run these games OK (medium/high):

RIFT
    Call of Duty MW3
    Battlefield 3
    Saints row 3
    Elder Scrolls Skyrim
    GW2
    SWTOR
    RAGE
    Few more games can't think of right now

Here is my system:

AMD Phenom II x4 Black Edition 970 3.5ghz Quad Core CPU
    4GB GSKILL 1333mhz dual channel DDR3
    Gigabyte HD 6850 Overclocked Edition
    1TB HDD (700GB free)
    Windows 7 ultimate edition 64 bit

---------

I didn't include the Motherboard as I can't find the model number, but it is high quality ddr3 board from Gigabyte, is this machine with the HD 6850 good enough or should I consider a GPU upgrade?

Nothing too fancy I don't have loads of money. Thanks for any replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FearGX View Post
    I know some of these games are not out yet, but I just wanted to know if my PC lives up to the games releasing soon. I paid 600 dollars (budget) for this built myself and just want an idea if it can run these games OK (medium/high):

RIFT
    Call of Duty MW3
    Battlefield 3
    Saints row 3
    Elder Scrolls Skyrim
    GW2
    SWTOR
    RAGE
    Few more games can't think of right now

Here is my system:

AMD Phenom II x4 Black Edition 970 3.5ghz Quad Core CPU
    4GB GSKILL 1333mhz dual channel DDR3
    Gigabyte HD 6850 Overclocked Edition
    1TB HDD (700GB free)
    Windows 7 ultimate edition 64 bit

---------

I didn't include the Motherboard as I can't find the model number, but it is high quality ddr3 board from Gigabyte, is this machine with the HD 6850 good enough or should I consider a GPU upgrade?

Nothing too fancy I don't have loads of money. Thanks for any replies.
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ will tell you all you need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ will tell you all you need to know
    You do know that none of these games is released yet -_-

Yes, you can play these games. Don't expect to run them all at highest settings in all games though.

BF3 might be the one you'd have troubles with, but seeing your HD6850, you're probably not aiming for the highest settings.
    So yes, goodenough.

Deleted
    I looked at the presentation of the Frostbite 2 engine during Gamescon (the engine behind Battlefield 3) and it seems to be a pretty well-structured engine. The lightning system will be pretty demanding, especially considering the amount of point lights and ambient occlusion they intend to use. But, and this is especially good for those with low end computers, the engine is capable of rolling back the ambient occlusion as well as the light bouncing essentially creating a game that takes very little resources (of course, this is just speculation).

And the feared high vRAM requirements also seem faint considering that the light map for a building is around 16x16 pixels big (compared to the 1024x1024 shadow maps used in Mirror's Edge).

Edit: @OP
    Many of the console ports I reckon you will see smooth framerates at high settings. MW3, Skyrim, SWToR and GW2 will be a breeze, but expect to turn down any really demanding eye-candy. As for games such as Battlefield 3 I reckon you will sit at 30-40 fps at medium/low-ish settings. This given a 1080p resolution.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-09-10 at 11:48 AM.

It's not amazing but what do you expect for $600 ?
    But it's good enough and most of the games will play on medium/high.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-09-10 at 11:44 AM.